Trumpeter

Started by Deino, October 25, 2006, 02:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Aircav on July 01, 2008, 09:44:28 AM
Russian's do rather well at combining the two, love the way the vehicle sit's down on its suspension when firing the cannon's  :wub: :wub: :wub:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3JY-9nLay0&feature=related

I've watched that video about 7 times now...completely addicted....!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

LemonJello

Quote from: RotorheadTX on July 01, 2008, 04:52:41 PM
I'm very pleased with the subject, but thoroughly cheezed-off by the scale!!
I'd very much like one in 1/72nd scale to sling under a CH-53E!!

Well, I'll take one in 1/35 to start, then they can always scale it down to 1/48 or 1/72 later on...Can you imagine how big a dio would be of the Academy 1/48 -53E and a M198? 

I think I'll build mine ready-to-fire, though one hitched up behind either a 5 ton or one of the new MTVR/7 tons would be pretty sweet.  Okay, I'll have to plan on buying at least 2 now.
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

Jeffry Fontaine

If you want to try your hand at playing an indirect fire game on-line at the Discovery Channel web page, go to Future Weapons and check out a fun little diversion called the NLOS Cannon Challenge at this link it is a lot of fun. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

NARSES2

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on July 01, 2008, 06:50:32 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 01, 2008, 02:24:05 AMThe cartridge held a spring and the separate shell didn't half annoy the cat
I remember having some kind of scale model of the 120mm WOMBAT that fired small projectiles based on some kind of spring device.  I think that was my first piece of artillery.  Was that produced under the Dinky Toy line? 

Seem to remember that was W Brittan's as well Jeff - my one came with an Austin Champ to tow it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on July 01, 2008, 07:31:11 PM
Quote from: Aircav on July 01, 2008, 09:44:28 AM
Russian's do rather well at combining the two, love the way the vehicle sit's down on its suspension when firing the cannon's  :wub: :wub: :wub:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3JY-9nLay0&feature=related

I've watched that video about 7 times now...completely addicted....!

Ace init  :thumbsup: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Maverick

G'day Gang,

Trumpeter has a new armoured car, the VRC-105 Centauro in Spanish Army service coming up for release.  Looks like a brilliant bit of kit!

Regards,

Mav

GTX

Ooohh - one of those in either ARA or USMC markings/scheme :wub:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

LemonJello

Definitely going to be getting at least one of these, probably more.  Between this and the upcoming M198, Trumpeter will be getting a good chunk of my new kit budget.

Anyone know anything about upcoming releases of the Stryker MGS variant?  Eventually, I'm going to WHIF a USMC MGS based on the LAV-25.
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

Martin H

hope they intend releasing a 72nd scale version?   
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

nev

Always loved the Centauro, great looking  :tank:

I have the urge to build an Imperial Roman one, but like Martin says, a 1.72 one mightbe better (cheaper!)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Deino

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

kitnut617

A 1/72 injection Lightning with a 'pit, I'm going to get me one of these, or two, or maybe ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Spey_Phantom

ive just checked the website, and im just crazy about that New 1/144 F-22A Raptor model (production version)  :wub:

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/war513/products/en_message.asp?id=606
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

AeroplaneDriver

Has anyone heard a release date yet?  Hopefuly it's getting close.   :party:

Hopefully the missile fins wont look like that on the model though....
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

ysi_maniac

Is this better than the Revell new tool?
Will die without understanding this world.