Trumpeter

Started by Deino, October 25, 2006, 02:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick

I've got a few 32nd kits in the stash or on the go, along with a 35th Pave Hawk.  Whilst I regularly build in 72nd for aircraft, I don't mind the odd 32nd ship.  I have to agree with Lee & Terry though that decent 72nd kits are a better option as a day-to-day release thing.  I'm still baffled how the Growler got the nod.

Regards,

Mav

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on October 17, 2008, 06:46:27 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 17, 2008, 05:17:24 PM

I'm also looking forward to the Valom Brigand.

Me too Lee

Me as well

As for 1/32 - It's ideal for WWI subjects and pre-WWII biplanes but other then that ? I've got the Hasagawa P-47 and it's lovely, but HUGE. Can't even begin to think how big the Ju88 will be and then there's the Airfix 1/24 Mossie to come  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nev

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 17, 2008, 05:17:24 PM
I agree with Terry.  After the life changing experience that was the Matchbox Venom - and I still get the PTSD flashbacks now, 18 years after the event - you couldn't get me to do anything in 32nd, even at gunpoint.

But you've build in 1/72, and by your own words the Merlin 1/72 TSR2 is the worstest kit in the history of worst kits.

If you don't want to build the Revell 1/32 Hunter then thats your loss :)  Perhaps the best aircraft kit I have ever made and only the size of a 1/48 F-15.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 18, 2008, 01:48:05 AM
As for 1/32 - It's ideal for WWI subjects and pre-WWII biplanes but other then that ? I've got the Hasagawa P-47 and it's lovely, but HUGE. Can't even begin to think how big the Ju88 will be and then there's the Airfix 1/24 Mossie to come  :banghead:

Ju-88
448.75mm long
627.5mm span

Mosquito
565.4mm long
688.3mm span

The Mossie's going to be about the same size as a 1/72 RC-135
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

kitnut617

Having a number of very large 1/72 kits, C-5, 747 (two) C-17 (only half the size of the C-5) C-133 and my B-36 plus a number of others about the same size as the B-36 (um, eight B-52's), displaying them when built is presenting a problem.  I've got the space (big basement) but not a cabinet, I've figured I need a shelf area which would have to be at least 36" (914mm) wide, ideally I would do it 48" wide and then eight feet long by eight feet high.  Problem is the cost of glass or acrylic sheet, with both being around C$1200 for the glass/acrylic alone.  Got to be a cheaper method somewhere.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: Aircav on October 18, 2008, 06:23:06 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on October 18, 2008, 01:48:05 AM

Ju-88
448.75mm long
627.5mm span

Mosquito
565.4mm long
688.3mm span

The Mossie's going to be about the same size as a 1/72 RC-135

Like I said big  ;D

And Nev,yes the Revell 1/32 scale Hunter is a beauty.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

BlackOps

While I can't see owning very many 1/32 kits I can see a market for them. For the folks who take a year to hyper detail a kit, then have it end up being a museum quality centerpiece for thier collection it's probably great. Also probably not bad for folks who aren't ready to give up the hobby but "the old eyes aren't what they used to be" crowd.

I'd like to try a few just to see the difference in detail, but I certainly don't have space for more than one or two and even then I'm not so sure.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Geoff

I just don't have the space for 1/32nd models - - having said that I have a crop of 32nd Mig-21's in the stash. ;-)

elmayerle

I may have missed notice here, but I was down at the LHS this past Saturday and saw a couple 1/32 Weapons Sets (One, US, and the other Russian) that I don't remember seeing mentioned here.  I hope they scale down the Russian set to 1/48 and 1/72 and I hope they sell well enough to do sets of other air-launched weapons not easily available for now.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Deino

maybe some interesting pictures to look ! (from post 7 up its Trumpeter's time)

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=167846

Deino
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Jeffry Fontaine

The nice volks over at modelversium.de have some new Trumpeter kit reviews up for all to see. 

Trumpeter #01317 1/144th scale F-22A cRaptor

Trumpeter #07259 1/72nd scale Sturmgeschütz III Ausf. F
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Hobbes

You had me going for a while, Wooksta. You're talking about the conversion set for the 1/72 EE Lightning, right?
http://www.heritageaviationmodelsltd.com/ee-lightning-trumpeter-tail-correction-piece-plus-white-metal-bullet-247-p.asp

TsrJoe

just a thought...wouldnt it be easier adding a skim of a suitable filler to the actual kit as opposed to adding (what looks to be in the web image) a differently detailed resin rear end (hopefully shrinkage wont be too much of a problem!) and what looks to be a porous metal radar bullet?

ill agree with Lee tho as to just building the Heritage example instead of cutting and chopping the new Trumpeter kit, altho having now looked at both, the Trumpeter kit is definately well worth picking up even with its attendant problem (were modellers after all so most things can be rectified if the desire to do so is there and to most im sure it beats adding detail to the older kits avaliable!)

hopefully Trumpeter wont take all the criticism the wrong way and give up adding similar subjects to their range, altho mistakes such as the ones seen are often a result of using cad. drawings where the programme 'adds' the contours between frames, possibly thats what happened here? no excuse i know. further to the above, i noticed a lot of comment re the whole nose section of the Lightning being too pinched when images of the cad. model were published online the fears of which seem to have been picked up by the manufacturers prior to release, i guess the back end mustv slipped notice?

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

entlim

peculiar thing is, Trumpy have taken comments on board-as per the 1/32  SU-27/ MiG 29- newer mouldings have had things like panel lines/ profiles retooled, so who knows......................
You have hitted me with a black box- I'm not playing this game!.........

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I must admit to enjoying 1:32 kits, I have the Trumpy A-7E but wont consider starting it until I move from my current 'office' - the second bedroom - up into the loft where I can display the 'big stuff' properly..... having said that, I'll still buy/build a Hasegawa P-40 when some decent decal options come-out and (HINT HINT, Mr Trumpeter, sir) would send small children scattering for their lives in my rush to buy a 1:32 Hurricane IIc

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)