Trumpeter

Started by Deino, October 25, 2006, 02:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 20, 2008, 05:07:25 AM
Maybe they've learned the lesson from the debacle with the Lightning jetpipes and back end, but I doubt it.

The deal with Trumpeter is that they apparently have multiple design teams, some being much better than others,
but no overall design/quality control management or philosophy.  :banghead:

Ya pays yer money and takes yer chances.

Jon

GTX

Quote from: Maverick on November 19, 2008, 03:52:54 PM
G'day Gang,

Trumpeter are releasing an ASLAV-25 in 35th, with a review over on Armorama.  Kudos to Trump for specifically asking for comments about the test shot to ensure accuracy!!

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=4567

Regards,

Mav

Welcome news - I hope they also do the non-turretted variants (i.e. Command, Surveillance, Ambulance and Personnel Carrier).  One of which interestingly enough is shown in the background of the boxtop art.  I have a few ideas for these.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Maverick

Mornng Gang,

IPMS Deutschland has a review of the Trumpy F-105G Weasel in 72nd.  Looks like a neat package with a scadload of stores to boot.

http://ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Trumpeter/Trumpeter_F-105G_72/Tru_Republic_F-105G.html

Regards,

Mav

Deino

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Aircav

A 1/32 F-4K/M would be nice  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

QuoteA 1/32 F-4K/M would be nice 

has been rumuored for some time....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

pyro-manic

Bloody hell, that's HUGE!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: pyro-manic on November 27, 2008, 11:46:22 AMBloody hell, that's HUGE!
Pretty much what I was thinking as well.  Got to hand it to "Team Trumpeter" they are consistent with the extra features such as the open avionics bay and gun compartment but the real question is what is the price going to be on this kit and will you be able to afford it in one large payment or opt in for the lay away plan with your local hobby shop where you can make twenty-four smaller monthly payments. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Captain Canada

They sure are cranking out alot of big stuff ! The Swordfish would be a good build for a museum or two....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Jeffry Fontaine

The nice volks over at modelversium.de have another Trumpeter kit review up for all to see:

Trumpeter #01633, 1/72nd scale Wellington GR Mk.XIV

Internet Modeler also has an in-box kit review of the new Trumpeter 1/35th scale Spanish Army VRC-105 Centauro RCV by Kent Kirkpatrick
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Deino

Some new pictures of the Big-Cat ...+ the first sprue-shots of the 1:72 Backfire ( the last ones) !!

http://oaxserver.com/ipms_temp/testshots3.php

-
W.H.Auden (1945

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Have to say that 105G looks superb. Cannot see a 105F listed though..... I have plans for that one  :wacko:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Deino

And here are some more ...

http://www.ipmsphilippines.com/testshots.php

... inluding the T-22M-3 Backfire !!!   :wub:

Deino

-
W.H.Auden (1945