Trumpeter

Started by Deino, October 25, 2006, 02:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deino

As far as I know - I think there was a tread at the ACR - these models are (to be honest) pure CRAP !
http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=171586&st=0&start=0

Look also here:
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,5827.0.html

And just to quote myself:

To be honest I think this company deserves attention or promotion because they make models not available somewhere else, but regarding their own advertisement "We hope the name ATTIC Aircraft Models will become synonymous with excellence in resin models of important and innovative aircraft"   they are light-years away from that goal especially regarding quality. Take a look here at a review of their latest release in 1/48, a IAI Lavi ... 
As far as I can judge this kit without nearly any details, very bad fit and so on that's just itself only a poor upscaling of the Anigrand 72nd kit including all the errors and even more !

Sorry ... but not for me. 

Deino
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Hobbes

Doesn't Anigrand do a 1:72 Lavi?

Deino

Yes it does ... not very detailed or even correct, but anyway the best in town !

See two posts above.

Deino
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Taiidantomcat

Thank you Deino  :thumbsup:

Ironically this artist sketch (which is "off" in many ways) seems to have the "fat look" of the Chinese version  :blink: Suppose i could just give it an F-110 Engine...
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Mossie

Trumpeter have announced a series of 1/3 rifle models of M16 Variants.  They are:

M16A4
XM177E2 Sub Machine Gun
Mk.18 Mod 0
M4 S System

This seems to be in response to Dragon having released or announced a 1/3 firearms series, including several M4 variants.  Be good for anyone wanting to transfer their gunbucket creations into plastic!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

There used to be a model company called LS models which made 1:1 scale models of rifles and pistols. As you'd expect from the scale they were very lifelike. I had an M16A2, AK47 & AK74 and about a dozen pistols and revolvers. Lovely kits that'd probably be banned in today's environment of anti-gun hysteria!!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

I remember seeing those at a hobby shop as a kid, Lancer, and was desperate to get one for playing 'war'. The old man wouldn't let me have one, and I assume it was dur to how real they look.

:cheers: :banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

rickshaw

Quote from: Captain Canada on July 04, 2009, 04:59:13 AM
I remember seeing those at a hobby shop as a kid, Lancer, and was desperate to get one for playing 'war'. The old man wouldn't let me have one, and I assume it was dur to how real they look.

Back in the early 1970s a local Australian company sold a replica of the .303 SMLE III for kids.   It was life size and exact, only made of plastic.   Couldn't be done today.  I remember the TV commercial for it was about a father seeing his kids playing with it and mistaking it for his own real rifle only to discover it was one of these replicas.  Apparently the police forced the company to stop selling them.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

GTX

Quote from: rickshaw on July 04, 2009, 05:39:17 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on July 04, 2009, 04:59:13 AM

Back in the early 1970s a local Australian company sold a replica of the .303 SMLE III for kids.   It was life size and exact, only made of plastic.   Couldn't be done today.  I remember the TV commercial for it was about a father seeing his kids playing with it and mistaking it for his own real rifle only to discover it was one of these replicas.  Apparently the police forced the company to stop selling them.

I had one of those - those were the days...

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Maverick

I had one of those SMLEs myself.  In fact, whilst on an Xmas holiday a guy pulled me up for carrying a 'rifle' around, lol.  Damn shame all of the paranoid out there took those and the LS kits off the shelves.

Regards,

Mav

AeroplaneDriver

I remember in England in the 70s there was a perfect replica of the SLR in kid's size.  It had a magazine that held about 5 hard plastic 'bullets' that were fired by a spring mechanism.  I remember being very upset when I lost my magazine.  God knows what the government nannies would do if someone were to market the same thing today.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on July 04, 2009, 10:05:00 PM
I remember in England in the 70s there was a perfect replica of the SLR in kid's size.  It had a magazine that held about 5 hard plastic 'bullets' that were fired by a spring mechanism.  I remember being very upset when I lost my magazine.  God knows what the government nannies would do if someone were to market the same thing today.

That was good old Airfix, had a bayonet as well  ;D Got one as a present Christmas Day 1962. On Boxing day it snowed and the snow stayed until mid March. We never got bored of playing "Hero's of Telemark". I think they did a Sterling type sub mg as well with a 10 round magazine.

Also I think it was Pyro who produced the 1/1 scale replica muskets, flintlock pistols and guns of the "wild west". They were great for display and robust enough for play, I think the flintlock mechanism could be made to work. It used to get a bit scary trying to reload your musket looking cool with a Davy Crocket hat on your head and a mate charging, screaming at you with a red indian headress on and his mum's small wood axe (used for choping kindling) in his hand. Always kept me plastic Bowie knife in my belt for just such emergencies  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on July 04, 2009, 10:05:00 PM

A Canadian friend of mine had one of them when we lived in Andover, very cool peice of kit  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

PR19_Kit

Somewhere in The Loft I still have an unbuilt LS Walther P-38 kit.

My buddy Bob Owen from Derby, a hard-over Luftwaffe nut, had almost every Wehrmacht  LS weapon there was, including the Schmeiser MP40 and the 'Broom Handle' Mauser. He finished them with pencil lead graphite and they looked well real, apart from their weight of course. We did a club show at the Polish Air Force Club in Derby once and he had them all on display, with a chain through the trigger guards!  :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Maverick