Trumpeter

Started by Deino, October 25, 2006, 02:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: lancer on July 04, 2009, 04:16:56 AM
There used to be a model company called LS models which made 1:1 scale models of rifles and pistols. As you'd expect from the scale they were very lifelike. I had an M16A2, AK47 & AK74 and about a dozen pistols and revolvers. Lovely kits that'd probably be banned in today's environment of anti-gun hysteria!!!!

Thread Hi-Jack ALERT
Still got my M1911A2 (US Army 'short' Colt .45 automatic), My 6.5" S&W .44 magnum, the 6" Colt Python .357 magnum, a Colt .45 'Peacemaker' and a snub .38 Special with a 5 round cylinder.
Thread Hi-Jack SAFE

Love that two-seat J-10, but why are they releasing a 'C-type' F-100 first in 1:48...... Surely a 'D' or 'F' makes infinitely more sense from a marketing perspective, or have I missed something ?

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

Look at all the bits in that Backfire box ! Wow !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on July 08, 2009, 12:45:35 PM
<...> why are they releasing a 'C-type' F-100 first in 1:48...... Surely a 'D' or 'F' makes infinitely more sense from a marketing perspective, or have I missed something ?
Ian

I think Hobby Boss will cover the D and F. According to Cybermodeler, Trumpeter will release those, although no dates are given. IPMSDeutschland doesn't list either D or F.  :huh:

Regarding the marketing perspective, it makes sense for them to release the less attractive version first. They hope to get a few sales of that before everyone else jumps on the D. Release the D first and maybe only the enthusiasts will care about the C. That's why they release the Tu-22M2 before the possibly more popular Tu-22M3. Or take the 1/35 Centauro wheeled tank destroyer. They released the less known Spanish version before coming through with the Italian versions. I'm pretty sure they would have released the 1/32 Eurofighter Typhoon double-seater before the single-seater, had not Revell announced a single-seater of their own.
Whether this policy pays off is another matter. I think it severely backfired for Eduard when they released their Mirage IIIC first, hoping to follow with a Mirage IIIE. Sales of the IIIC were so low they scratched the E altogether.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Sauragnmon

I'm waiting for them to do 1/144 of their Backfires, begrudgingly, and praying they Don't continue their trend of screwing us 144 scale bomber lovers by destroying the options of the 72 scale when moving it down to 144.  Fracking Trampeter.

TT, you're not the only one who's going to take a J-10 and westernize it.  I'm figuring an F-110 will fit on it, from an F-16 - the Saturn and the F-110 are similar in diameter.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Jeffry Fontaine

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Maverick

Jeffry Fontaine

modellversium just posted another in box review of the Backfire, this time it is the Tu-22M3 Backfire C Strategic Bomber (1/72nd scale kiti # 01656)
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Green Dragon

Cybermodeler's Michael Benolkin has a look in the box of Trumpy's new 1/48th scale F-100C. http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tru/kit_tru_2838.shtml

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

nev

Excellent build article of the Trump Backfire in last months SAMI by Ken Duffey.  Looks like a helluva kit at a helluva price :o
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

chrisonord

Quote from: Maverick on September 09, 2009, 05:52:43 PM
G'day Gang,

Armorama have reviewed the Trumpeter M1117 Guardian.

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=4445

Regards,

Mav
Some 1/72nd scale ones of these would be a very nice addition to my collection, hmmm? come on Trumpeter(or Dragon) make some in 72nd scale ;D
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

frank2056

I just got the Trumpeter 1/144 scale Me262A-2a kit, and it looks great. The kit comes with an adequately detailed cockpit for the scale, optional open gun doors, bombs, R4M rockets and even a kettenkrad to tow it. I have the Eduard 1/144 Me-262 kits, and this kit looks better.

Frank

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: frank2056 on October 29, 2009, 08:40:31 PM
and even a kettenkrad to tow it.

I'm guessing this doesn't come with individual track links  :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

frank2056

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on October 30, 2009, 01:46:52 AM
Quote from: frank2056 on October 29, 2009, 08:40:31 PM
and even a kettenkrad to tow it.

I'm guessing this doesn't come with individual track links  :blink:

Ian

It's surprisingly detailed - it even has a separate front wheel and handlebar (which would probably scale out to 6" in diameter... but it's the thought that counts).

Here are some pictures of the kit parts

frank

Green Dragon

Cybermodeler has a look in the box of the 1/32nd F/A-18E. http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tru/kit_tru_3204.shtml

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

Green Dragon

Modellversium posted a closeup look in the box of the 1/48th FC-1 Fierce Dragon/JF-17 Thunder. http://www.modellversium.de/kit/artikel.php?id=4620 I've got to wait till after Christmas to get one.
Cybermodeler has done an in-box review of the 1/32nd F-14D. http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tru/kit_tru_3203.shtml
And as a comparison here is the Tamiya F-14A. http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tam/kit_tam_60303.shtml
Would really like a big Tomcat but I've got no space for it.

Paul Harrison

On the bench.