Trumpeter

Started by Deino, October 25, 2006, 02:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Thorvic on December 18, 2009, 11:43:44 PM
You could have posted up the Armour especially as some will go nuts for the Panzer 46 stuff !!! <...>

I would have, but for some strange reason SonicModel never seems to work for me. So I have to rely on Matt reposting the stuff.

Again via Matt on ARC, with thanks to Taras Baranowski on Missing Lynx. Bigger pics with better resolution >>HERE<< on Missing-Lynx.

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Green Dragon

Two of the rifle packs are in at Hannants, M-16A1 & A2, £2.98 for only six rifles seems a bit steep but I'll prob get some especially some of the H & K stuff. http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=TU00502

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Jeffry Fontaine

modellversium.de has posted in-box reviews for the Trumpeter figure kits:

Modern U.S. Army Armor Crewman & Infantry (1/35th scale kit #00424)   

(image source: modellversium.de)

It contains six figures (five full and one partial) that are split between the vehicle crew and a three man dismount element.  

The set includes two versions of the FN Minimi (M249 SAW) with the original tube stock and the collapsible stock of the Para Minimi.  I was hoping to see the other version of the M249 with the full stock that resembles what you see on the M240G GPMG but I guess we will have to wait a bit longer for that to appear.  The remaining weapons all appear to be based on variations of the M4/M16 theme with the shorter carbine barrel and hand guard fitted to a collapsible stock or the original full size stock.  There are also wo versions of the 40mm M203 grenade launcher provided as options so you can add some extra oooomph to your rifleman's arsenal.  Saving the best for last, Trumpeter has also included a selection of combat optical sights for all of the weapons and what appears to be a LASER sight/white light source device that can be mounted on the individual weapons.  All of this is good for anyone wanting to model contemporary American combat soldiers in what ever military theater of operations are in your area of interest.  

The box art depicts the Stryker 8 x 8 wheeled APC in the background to suggest that these figures should be incorporated with that vehicle but from the stance of the vehicle crew it looks like you could also use them with pretty much any vehicle with or without modifications.  

Modern U.S. Marine M252 Team (1/35th scale kit#00423)

(image source: modellversium.de)

The set includes four figures and the 81mm mortar plus four M16A2 weapons with molded on vertical grips and the same accessory sprue containing all of the LASER/white light and combat optics as the AFV crew/Infantryman figure set.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Green Dragon

There are a few additions for 2010/11 from Trumpeter/HobbyBoss here in an article by Dave Mason (posted on Cybermodeler) who spent three days at Trumpeter/HobbyBoss.
http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/trumpeter09.shtml

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

ysi_maniac

Nice they will produce a 1/72 Farmer :thumbsup:

Where should we write a wish-list for Trumpters spies to watch? :thumbsup: :cheers:
Will die without understanding this world.

Green Dragon

ARC seem to have good links with them but I don't know if they have a wish list thread. http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

Jeffry Fontaine

Has anyone seen or heard anything more on the 1/48th scale HU-16 Albatross that Trumpeter is supposedly coming out with?  Maybe they can garner more interest by including optional markings for Jimmy Buffet's Albatross? 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

B777LR

Quote from: GTX on December 18, 2009, 10:18:04 AM
Wow - have to get some JF-17s...don't know what for yet, but still...

Regards,

Greg

Easy, F-16 operators! How about:

Denmark
Italy
Taiwan
South Korea
Russia (just because it's a nice in MiG-29 camo)
Venezuela
Zimbabwe
Egypt
Iran
Brazil
Canada :evil:
USMC (disguised as a JSF)
Chinese carrierborne variant

Barry Krell

Much hoohaa on Britmodeller about Trumpeter's large scale Buccaneer.  No one is sure if it's 48th or 32nd.  Some very interesting photos though.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

nev

Hopefully 1/48.  Much as I would love a 1/32 Bucc, finances these days mean I just don't have the cash any more to drop £100+ on a model.  Hell, I haven't even got their 1/32 Lightning yet and its one of my most favouritest planes of all time.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Maverick

Looks like Trumpeter is releasing some more 'paper panzers' in 35th.

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6188

Regards,

Mav

Green Dragon

Was just over at Starship Modeler and saw this thread about a series of Trumpy Landrovers in 1/35th scale!*

Paul Harrison

* Membership in the Starship Modeler Discussion Forums is required before you can view that link.
Edit:-Didn't know it's members only, here's what was over there.

Quote.
I know there's a few closet armor lovers lurking around here who might be interested in this. On another forum I frequest the R&D Manager for Trumpeter and HobbyBoss has announced the following Landy's are currently being tooled:
Two versions of WMIK
Defender 110
Two versions of R-SOV

I'm not a major armour/vehicle builder so the only designation I'm sure of is the Defender 110 (a standard utility Land Rover). WMIK is Weapons Mount Installation Kit (stripped down 110 with roll bars and 360 degree rear gun mount for either .50 Machine Gun, 40mm grenade launcher or 7.62mm GPMG). I think R-SOV is Rangers Special Operations Vehicle (a US variant of the SAS Landy?). If any treadheads know any better ID's please tell us!

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

Jeffry Fontaine

Modellversium has uploaded an in depth kit review/build by Frank Richter of the Trumpeter MAZ-537 8 x 8 wheel tractor, late production (1/35th scale kit number 01006)

Click on html text or image to go directly to the page.

(image source: Frank Richter/Modellversium.de)

frank2056

I started working with one of the Trumpeter 1/35 PMC kits. While the basic body proportions are good (they compare well against excellent Dragon and other 1/35 figures) the feet are huge and completely out of scale and out of proportion with the figures. They're at least 25% too wide and long; this can be easily fixed with some sanding for the VIP figure, since he's wearing dress shoes, but the other figures will need boot transplants from other kits. Some of the hands are out of scale as well, and the ones that aren't are strangely proportioned. The heads are OK to slightly too big.

Green Dragon

Cybermodeler has posted an in-box review of the 1/48th Sukhoi 24 Fencer (A LOT of weaponry included!). http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tru/kit_tru_2835.shtml

Paul Harrison

On the bench.