Trumpeter

Started by Deino, October 25, 2006, 02:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick

Over on Modellversium (aber auf Deutsch) there's a write up on Trumpeter's new Wellington in 72nd.  Colour me tickled pink to say the least.  Here's hoping they do a Coastal job to replace the nice enough Matchbox example.

http://www.modellversium.de/kit/artikel.php?id=2893

P1127

A mkXIV has already been announced.

I don't like the way the've done the geodetic, but that's just me!
It's not an effing  jump jet.

Captain Canada

Nice !

One of my earliest modle memories was building the Matchbox Wellie......my Aunt, Uncle and cousins were up from the States, and I had to sleep in my parents room. I was pretending to sleep and glueing bits together by the light of the moon....and can clearly recall how intrigued I was by that structure.....what a cool aeroplane !

And judging by the look of those sprues, Trump has once again kicked some Japanese butt !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

The geodectic surfaces are overdone, but it sure can't be harder to put together than the MPM one *shudders*
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Daryl J.

In the States, a rattle can of Krylon Grey Primer will fix that.  Mask, spray, wait, wait another couple of days, then sand with a block sander and some wet/dry 400 grit.   It'll be the bees knees!   :wub:      Doing that to the Hasegawa 1/48 Hurricane made the overdone surfaces turn out almost as good as the Airfix!  It was quite pleasing and the technique should work on the Trumpy Wellington.  :thumbsup:

Daryl J.

lancer

One of the first models I built was the Airfix Wellington, always loved that aircraft. I want to get my hands on a couple of the MPM versions at some point
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

The Matchbox/Revell Welly is a great kit.
Built one with another two in the stash.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

lancer

QuoteThe Matchbox/Revell Welly is a great kit.
Built one with another two in the stash.
Got one of those in the stash as well.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Deino

Presenting ....... tatatatatatatatatata .... the first Test-shot of Trumpi's 1/32 CRUSADER !!!!!!!

http://www.ipmsphilippines.com/v2/index.ph...&id=49&Itemid=1

... Sorry, ... wrong scale and still not a 1/72 FALNKER !

Deino
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

gooberliberation

Quote... Sorry, ... wrong scale and still not a 1/72 FALNKER !
I've been itching for trump to scale down their modern russian jets for like the past 3 years :(  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Deino

-
W.H.Auden (1945

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Deino

-
W.H.Auden (1945

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Maverick

Brilliant as always from Trumpy, but what's up with the AGM-45 on the F-8????

Regards,

Mav