Trumpeter

Started by Deino, October 25, 2006, 02:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagallacci

Trumpeter 1/35 kits of the two tank projects. Look pretty good, except for stiff "rubber" tracks that don't fit right. All kinds of whiffery potential there.

sagallacci

A bit more detail on the E-50 and E-75.
Trumpeter mines the paper projects again with these two subjects. Pretty much straight-forward kits that agree with the available published data I've seen, mostly.
The E-50 gives you the Panther Schmalturm and two gun arrangements, a two-piece 88/L70 fitted to a now discredited pattern of mantle and a one-piece gun on a revised concept mantle (per the Jentz Panther book).
The E-75 gives you a two-piece 88/L100 fitted to the late pattern Tiger turret with rangefinders. I didn't know there was a 88/L100 considered?
Both kits have the beveled washer spring suspension system and revised Tiger engine and hull deck details. They also have rather useless one-piece "rubber" tracks. Though fairly nicely detailed, the tracks are a bit thick and stiff, and don't fit around the drive sprockets correctly.
Sources suggest that the machines were being considered for rear drives and available art shows toothed idlers as well as the front drive sprockets, but the kit has only the front drive sprockets, likely for a more near-term drive version.

ChernayaAkula

Over on Armorama, there are test shot pics of another variant of Trumpeter's Stryker - the M1132 Stryker Engineer Squad Vehicle. CLICK!

It's nice to see that this one comes with a dozer blade and the high speed mine roller, as AFV Club also announced a M1132 ESV, but with the mine plow.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

chrisonord

Hopefully they will bring one out in 1/72nd scale, that would be a welcome addition to their modern armour.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Green Dragon

Cybermodeler posted the August releases a couple of days ago and there is an E.50 Flakpanzer with twin 88 guns that I hadn't heard was coming out. http://www.cybermodeler.com/news/news100412a.shtml

Might get some of the Modern Weapons sets but tank prices here in the UK are crazy so I don't think I'll get the E.50 till it hits a bargain bin!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Aircav

Trumpeter's going to be doing a 1/32 Mirage F.1  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

The Wooksta!

There's rumour of a Shackleton which is more wishful thinking.  I can't see them doing one somehow...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Mossie

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 12, 2010, 11:54:29 AM
There's rumour of a Shackleton which is more wishful thinking.  I can't see them doing one somehow...

Fingers crossed....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Aircav on June 12, 2010, 11:27:31 AM
Trumpeter's going to be doing a 1/32 Mirage F.1 

Not in the catalogue, Steve, what's your source for this devastating and very welcome info ??

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

ChernayaAkula

The rumour of a 1/32 Mirage F.1 surfaced >>HERE<< on ARC.

On Large Scale Planes, "Song" posted a couple of pics of a new (1/32???) JAS-39 Gripen. CLICKY! The scale hasn't been confirmed, but since it's Large Scale Planes, 1/32 is probably the best guess.

1/32? Meh! Now, should they scale them down to 1/72 some nice day, I'd be in for a couple each.  :thumbsup: A new, decent, state-of-the-art Mirage F.1 with all the bells and whistles in the one true scale! That'd be something!  :rolleyes:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Green Dragon

US November releases from Trumpeter via Cybermodeler. http://www.cybermodeler.com/news/news100714a.shtml
Includes the 1/32nd Su25, a BMP 3 with ERA in 1/35th and the USS Arizona in 1/200th (didn't know that was coming!) plus a couple of 1/32nd US aircraft weapons sets.

Cybermodeler site. http://www.cybermodeler.com/index.shtml

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

Green Dragon

Cybermodeler has posted the Trumpy releases for December in the US/Canada including two each of AFV, Aircraft and Ships. http://www.cybermodeler.com/news/news100806a.shtml
Surprised to see the 1/48th J-10B (or Super 10) the more advanced single-seater with the new diverterless intake, AESA radar nose, IRST and various aerodynamic tweaks. Think I'll have to get that.
Cybermodeler site. http://www.cybermodeler.com/index.shtml

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

ChernayaAkula

Oh yeah, that J-10B will be nice. Hope they'll follow up with the 1/72 version soon. :wacko:

Breaking news!
Well, "breaking" is a bit reaching, given that the news is already a year old, but I just found out >>HERE<< on Armorama that will release a whole family of CV90 vehicles in 1/35! Probably to challenge Academy's soon-to-be-released CV9040. According to the Trumpeter rep, they'll do the CV90/40, CV90/40C, LVKV90, LVKV90C, CV90/30, CV90/35, AMOS and CV90/120T!  :o That's an ambitious plan! Even the AMOS (120mm twin-barrelled mortar) and 120mm gun turret, both of which are only in the prototype stage at the moment (at least AFAIK).
Whiffers rejoice!  :party:
Cheers,
Moritz

The Wooksta!

"Song" has posted photos of the masters for both the Supermarine Spiteful and Seafang over on Britmodeller.  Likely scale is 48th - boooo!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic