Trumpeter

Started by Deino, October 25, 2006, 02:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

I have both of the Trumpeter Aerosans. For the RF-8/Gaz-98, the Vision models version is better. It is slightly more accurate comes with more figures and TWO aerosans for about the same price.

Doc Yo

Hot Dog! A pair of Aerosans and the Rheinmetal NbFz! I'm a happy man!

pyro-manic

And the NbFz is half the price of the Dragon kit, which makes me even happier! :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

So looking forward to the Neubaufahrzeug!  :drink: Problem will be to decide what to do with it: Imperial Japanese or Indiana Jones' Hatay?

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on August 18, 2011, 05:25:37 AM
Quote from: Thorvic on August 17, 2011, 11:37:42 AM
And i now have my Trumpeter 1/72 J-20, nice kit although there is no internal weapon bays in the kit
^ Could you try to adapt an F-22's weapon bays?
<...>

Got me a J-20 and tried this. The RoG Raptor's main weapon bay has about the same length, but is slightly wider than the J-20's. Replacing these shouldn't be too much of a problem. The side weapon bays are quite a bit bigger on the Raptor. Replacing these should also be possible, but will take a little more work. Grafting on both main and side weapon bays at the same time may be more of a challenge.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Deino

Hmmm ... finally a preview of the new J-11 / Su-27 ...  ;D

... but what happened to the wheel-bays !???  :o :banghead:

Deino
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Deino

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on September 23, 2011, 05:05:36 PM
So looking forward to the Neubaufahrzeug!  :drink: Problem will be to decide what to do with it: Imperial Japanese or Indiana Jones' Hatay?

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on August 18, 2011, 05:25:37 AM
Quote from: Thorvic on August 17, 2011, 11:37:42 AM
And i now have my Trumpeter 1/72 J-20, nice kit although there is no internal weapon bays in the kit
^ Could you try to adapt an F-22's weapon bays?
<...>

Got me a J-20 and tried this. The RoG Raptor's main weapon bay has about the same length, but is slightly wider than the J-20's. Replacing these shouldn't be too much of a problem. The side weapon bays are quite a bit bigger on the Raptor. Replacing these should also be possible, but will take a little more work. Grafting on both main and side weapon bays at the same time may be more of a challenge.

thanks for the heads-up moritz.

i'm just glad of trumpeter being so hot off the blocks with a new type.
Keeper of George the Cat.

GTX

The new Me-509:

Me thinks one in USAAF bare metal would look neat.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

albeback

:o :o

Didn't know about this one!! Masses of "whif" potential. Just hope I don't need to take out another mortgage to pay Trumpeter prices!! I can already see post war RAF/USAF examples appearing on my shelves........................!!!!
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

The Big Gimper

Any insight if this kit will be issued in 1/72? It would like nice beside the Unicraft Mustang FTB.
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

MilitaryAircraft101

The 509 strangely reminds me of a Scimitar!  :wacko: :wacko: RAF Prototype potential?  :cheers:

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Maverick

At a stretch, maybe a slim, piston powered Attacker, but Scimitar?

Regards,

Mav

MilitaryAircraft101

Yes, Attacker, not too good on the RN FAA aircraft  :-\ Woops :banghead:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Maverick on November 11, 2011, 02:28:50 PM
At a stretch, maybe a slim, piston powered Attacker, but Scimitar?

I can see the resemblance too, but more to the straight winged Supermarine 508, the Scimitar's Dad. The wing shape and proportions of the 509 relative to the fuselage are very similar to the British aircraft.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit