MiniArt

Started by nev, December 26, 2009, 04:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Pimp my Bulldog!  :o Would be hilarious with one of those bouncing low rider suspensions. Especially with that peculiar engine sound.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

I assume that 8km is it's maximum speed ? Seems a little optimistic ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

I am imagining an Avro built version dogfighting a Focke Wulf one...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

That's a case where 1/32nd would make a hell of a lot more sense as autogiros didn't
operate with armoured vehicles etc. as a matter of course and, except for the French,
military use was very limited.

As to dogfighting, that'd be a slow and clumsy combat.  ;D ;D

jcf

The hot-bulb one-lunger two-stroke tractor does have interesting possibilities.

Rheged

Agreed, several fascinating possibilities do exist.  I you prefer, the British "Field Marshall"  and " Track Marshall"  tractors might be of interest. 6 litre, single cylinder.  See here what Wikipaedia sayeth:-

The Field-Marshall and its Track Marshall tracked stable-mate (Marshall-engined Fowler VF and VFA), were distinctive because of the use of a single-cylinder two-stroke diesel engine (of about 6-litre capacity) coupled to a very large flywheel, whereas tractors such as the Fordson N used a multi-cylinder engine. This single-cylinder design was quite common in Europe at the time, the Lanz Bulldog being another example. The Lanz, though, used a hot bulb engine.

And see here     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb0-br7hTw0          how to start it with a 12 bore cartridge and a hammer.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Quote from: Rheged on October 22, 2020, 02:01:05 PM
Agreed, several fascinating possibilities do exist.  I you prefer, the British "Field Marshall"  and " Track Marshall"  tractors might be of interest. 6 litre, single cylinder.  See here what Wikipaedia sayeth:-

The Field-Marshall and its Track Marshall tracked stable-mate (Marshall-engined Fowler VF and VFA), were distinctive because of the use of a single-cylinder two-stroke diesel engine (of about 6-litre capacity) coupled to a very large flywheel, whereas tractors such as the Fordson N used a multi-cylinder engine. This single-cylinder design was quite common in Europe at the time, the Lanz Bulldog being another example. The Lanz, though, used a hot bulb engine.

And see here     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb0-br7hTw0          how to start it with a 12 bore cartridge and a hammer.

After all that prep the actual bopping of the cartridge with the mallet was an anti-climax.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

I'm inclined to agree with you, but I did see someone start up a tractor like this without properly securing the cartridge .  As a result, the cartridge shot across the yard and  terrified a flock of hens.

Mossie

Three wheels on my wagon.  Tempo E400 3 wheeled truck.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

There's something quite attractive about that to my eyes for some reason
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 08, 2021, 06:14:17 AM

No, that's just the Crazy talking... ;D

Sanity called - I hung up

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 09, 2021, 08:30:09 PM

;D ;D

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 09, 2021, 08:30:09 PM

I dunno, I wouldn't call it "attractive" but there's a sort of cartoonish dragon head quality to the cab/front end.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

The front grille looks BMW-ish, and the whole affair does have a certain idiosyncratic charm.  One could imagine it pottering round an  airfield
as a  Lufthansa baggage carrier or in  Luftwaffe livery  carrying airframe fitters tools..