No promises..... F I N I S H E D !!

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, December 27, 2009, 07:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I'd go along with that, yes. Looking at that pic I found again, the port 'flaps' aren't as deflected as much as the starboard ones, so maybe they are being 'flaperons' and he's got a bit of left bank on as well as using the canards to control pitch.

Unless we knew the Rafale's control model we'd have no way of knowing of course.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Nothing too spectacular, just a coat of Humbrol H140 - Dk Gull Grey - as an undercoat.

Next I'll have at it with Humbrol H56 Aluminium for the wheel wells and undercart - the Scorpion will be painted at the same time - at the same session I'll spray the fin tip and radome Light Compass Grey.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

John Howling Mouse

Even his "undercoat" painting is better than my final paintjobs....sigh...
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

OK, as I've mentioned in another thread, my PC has died, so the only way I can access t'interweb is from work, but that means I cannot post pics, as the server here wont allow access to file-sharing websites (Photobucket).

Anyhoos, I have taken pics today as it is now wearing its' first coat of paint - Xtracolour Light Aircraft Grey. Next will obviously be the masking and the next coat of grey (WEM Medium Sea Grey). Will try and get pics up here tomorrow, using Mrs. Hunter-Gatherer's laptop.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Camouflage: RAF Light A/c Grey, RAF Medium Sea Grey, 70% Glossy Black/30% Humbrol 140 Dk Gull Grey. Radome & fin tip, Light Compass Grey.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Brian da Basher

Sweet indeed!
:wub:
Looks like you're in the home stretch now, Mr Hunter-Gatherer!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

nev

Cool bananas.  Is it just me though, or does the black look a bit patch in places? :unsure:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Yep, Nev.... when I took the photos I had just finished the touching-up and it hadn't quite yet dried. Will look fine after a coat or two of matt varnish over the decals.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)