Thingz to do in 2010 lizt - October update

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, December 30, 2009, 02:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on January 11, 2010, 06:35:20 AM
ian are you still looking for that early microscale A-6 sheet [72-128]?

Definitely, Trev, thanks in advance.....  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

Have you tried asking on ARC Ian?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Not been on ARC in years, but perhaps I'll wander over there.....  :thumbsup:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

The A does stand for Americanjets ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on January 04, 2010, 11:11:46 PM
When you're through hi-jacking my thread.......  :wacko:

Ian

Stand and deliver..............no wrong  Take me to Cuba..........................get back to watching the coast
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Sisko

Well I havn't posted much here in the last couple of months due to the fact that I havn't done any whiffing for a while. Most of the projects on the bench or completed are sci-fi or real world so there hasn't been much to post.

My Jedi Cruiser is stalled but should get back up on the go soon. I have a couple of forgeworld and Games workshop projects to finish if the bloody hot weather stays away, >:( and I have a real world Die-cast Fa 18 hornet that needs to be finished for a friend

So I shall revert to being a lurker and sometime poster, as this year will be very quiet for me whiff wise.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

B777LR

One thing i'm going to try build, is the 1/48 Hasegawa Draken. If i could ony get hold of the Danish parts :(

anthonyp

My goal for this year is to paint all the unpainted models I just posted before starting more (yeah, and if you believe that, I've got swamp land in Arizona for sale...).
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Brian da Basher

I've got this 1/144 Kilo class sub that's slated to be turned into an aircraft-carrying airship I'd like to get built in 2010. I've even got a 1/350 scale airwing for it.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Radish

Whooo hoooo!!
Sounds ace.

Look in this picture, and at the bottom there's an airbourne CATERMARAN carrier!! :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Brian da Basher

That catamaran airship aircraft carrier is an excellent idea Radish! Definitely something to keep in mind!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

P.S. And yes, my 1/350 scale airwing has spats:wub:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on December 30, 2009, 02:07:29 PM
However this year I am going to stick to it rigidly, and by posting-it-up here, everyone can point and laugh if I do get 'diverted'. So without further 'blah, blah, blah' here in no particular order is what's going to be crossing my workbench (from the What If Universe), during 2010.

1:72
GD F-111K - Possibly 9 Squadron or 27 Squadron
Northrop Scorpion FAW.2 - 85 Squadron (If you read this Phat Trev, can you remember to send me those decals  :thumbsup:)
Rafale F-24A - For the 'Let it Snow' Group Build

1:48
F-105F
- Not telling you anytyhing about this, but you will be shocked..... maybe  :blink:
Spitfire Mk22
- French Air Force

Remember when I wrote this....... Wasn't too long ago was it ?. Well The Scorpion is close to finishing followed VERY closely buy the Rafale, unfortunately, I just dont see the F-111K being started this year, because I've had something of a 'Road to Damascus' moment.....

Allow me to explain; You may recall that I was so taken with the little Hobbyboss Rafale, that I went onto to eBay and bought a Revell 1:48 Rafale on total impulse. Well that got me thinking more about 4th & 5th generation fighters in 1:48. So on the way, in the stash, or very close to the workbench are the following:

2 x Revell Typhoons (one is the CAF project that I started about four years ago, stripped of paint and ready to go again)
1 x Revell F/A-18F
1 x Revell Rafale B
(the aforementioned) Revell Rafale M
1 x Monogram F/A-18A
1 x Italeri Gripen
1 x Italeri Mirage F-1C (definitely not a 4th or 5th generation fast-jet but it sort of fits)
1 x Hasegawa F-2B

All of which I'm determined to build this year, one or some have been started, one or some aren't even in my posession as this is written. I started hand-writing notes on what I intended to do with them but it got so d*mn complicated that I just gave up and dropped them all onto an Xcel spreadsheet ! - A wee word for my Canadian bretheran. You may recall a build from this time last year called 'French Canadian #1' on the Workbench forum.... 'French Canadian #2 is in the pipeline, be patient my friends, eh ?

So looking at the list, there's no time for Real World builds this year.....  :blink:, Off to the paint-shed on Friday, time to put another coat on the (little) Rafale !!

Laters....

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

Alright, we'll be patient....but if you go and change things up on us again.....

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Toad, if I hadn't changed my mind there would have been NO Canadian stuff built this year, eh ??

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)