Thingz to do in 2010 lizt - October update

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, December 30, 2009, 02:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on March 03, 2010, 05:10:02 AM
Toad, if I hadn't changed my mind there would have been NO Canadian stuff built this year, eh ??

unenforceable methinks!  ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

pyro-manic

Quote from: pyro-manic on December 31, 2009, 10:36:51 AM
Lots of things on my list, but my priority is to finish a good chunk of my in-progress pile before I start anything new. Not likely to happen, but still.....
Finished a few projects already - my Sand Fly Mosquito, my USAAF Tempest, my Hunter GA.14. A few more to go, but I'm getting there!

QuoteAnyway, new projects to start this year include:

SEPECAT Panther GR1 (see Spinners' profiles topic)
HMS Leopard (battlecruiser based on IJN Kongo)
Maltese Knights heavy flying boat (will be based on something like a Blackburn Perth - big, heavy biplane with lots of weapons)

And several others, if I get round to them. I do need to get an airbrush as well - I hate painting big models by hand...

I've started the Panther, but I have yet to acquire the kits required for the other two. Won't be for a while, as SWMBO has decreed that I can't buy anything new until I make a dent in the existing stash. I did get an airbrush for Christmas, so when the weather gets warmer I'll be using it. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Howard of Effingham

sadly I-H-G, paul davis' decals is out of 72-128. he was at peterborough and i had a look.

the spitfire PR.XI is now finished.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on March 03, 2010, 03:35:39 AM

2 x Revell Typhoons (one is the CAF project that I started about four years ago, stripped of paint and ready to go again)
1 x Revell F/A-18F
1 x Revell Rafale B
(the aforementioned) Revell Rafale M
1 x Monogram F/A-18A
1 x Italeri Gripen
1 x Italeri Mirage F-1C (definitely not a 4th or 5th generation fast-jet but it sort of fits)
1 x Hasegawa F-2B

Ian

Hey look at me, I'm getting stuff finished !  :party:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

bobbo

SWMBO just handed down an ultimatum:  FINISH SOMETHING BEFORE I START THROWING OUT! 
Jeez, what a way to start a Saturday morning . . .

bobbo

GTX

Quote from: bobbo on May 15, 2010, 06:08:23 AM
SWMBO just handed down an ultimatum:  FINISH SOMETHING BEFORE I START THROWING OUT! 

bobbo

Yikes!!!  Well don't waste time here - step to it man.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Gondor

That's why I am still unattached with a stash that looks like a model shop at times

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

bobbo

SWMBO just handed down an ultimatum:  FINISH SOMETHING BEFORE I START THROWING OUT!  

bobbo

Hey, i just got a sort of reprieve;  I cut down a tree in the back yard that was driving her nuts . . . Got @ 2/3 cord of good hardwood for the wood stove, too . . .

I'm going to find me a resin kit to work on, next.

bobbo

NARSES2

bobbo

You should have replied "well wear some of those shoes/clothes, before I start throwing them out" - then run  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ed S

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 17, 2010, 06:48:12 AM

bobbo

You should have replied "well wear some of those shoes/clothes, before I start throwing them out" - then run  ;D

Great response --- if you're suicidal...

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

bobbo

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 17, 2010, 06:48:12 AM

bobbo

Heh . . . She (and I) had just gotten home from dropping off about 6 big trash bags of clothes - hers and mine - at the local Salvation Army thrift shop . . . We are getting ready to refurbish our spare "bedroom" which had become a junk room.  I have a corner already reserved as my Hobby Corner.

bobbo

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: bobbo on May 17, 2010, 01:52:06 PMWe are getting ready to refurbish our spare "bedroom" which had become a junk room.  I have a corner already reserved as my Hobby Corner.

bobbo

And whilst you're deluding y'self into thinking that, she's planning nursery wallpaper and just where to put the cot ! :blink:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

philp

So,
Looking back at my list I have made great inroads into completing none of them so far, However:

72nd Lindberg He 100 in Swiss markings - finally got some decals so will be trying to finish this one soon
72nd Airfix Rabidmonk still debating what markings
72nd Airfix Chipmunski radial engine up front and either N Korean markings ala Bedcheck Charlie or Russian - put on hold
72nd Hobby Boss F-84G maybe USN for Naval GB - Still trying to figure out how to do the wing fold with those solid wings (any good ideas?)
72nd Tamiya F-84G Duchy of Grand Fenwick - think this would be a good one for the Nats
35th or 72nd (still can't decide) T-62 for Secret Santa GB - probably my 72nd Space exploration vehicle but still stuck on design
72nd Academy Preditor in USCG markings as the Lifeguard - going to try and make the decals myself, probably do for the Britmodeller GB
72nd F-22 in AK Agressor markings - still looking for the Revell kit for this so is on hold

New project:

72nd S-3 Viking in Dutch markings since I now have the markings (thanks Ian)

Plus there are a few other odds and ends projects that I need to finish to help fill the SIG table at the Nats so will see how we do over the next couple of months.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: philp on May 17, 2010, 03:27:13 PM
New project:

72nd S-3 Viking in Dutch markings since I now have the markings (thanks Ian)

I told you, Mr. P, that they were to be USED, now get those little Chipmunk things finished - drop me a PM, I got a couple of ideas for your 'udecided' one - then one of the F-84's and then get that S-3 built during the summer..... resistance is futile, and I will keep bugging-you for progress reports.

Ian
(adopting stern Geography professoresque voice)

Confuscious (maybe)

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die