Thingz to do in 2010 lizt - October update

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, December 30, 2009, 02:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: BlackOps on December 31, 2009, 05:41:31 PM
<...>
Maybe get back to this project also.

Abso-frickin'-lutely! Never in the history of whiffing was there a project that needed getting back to it more than this one. :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

nev

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on December 31, 2009, 11:02:39 AM
Quote from: nev on December 31, 2009, 07:09:44 AMForgot to add, Tamiya 1/48 Meteor in SEAC markings for the 2010 mini theme.

There's a 2010 mini theme ??....... Why wasn't I told ??...... and what is it ??

Confused of Formby

65th Anniversary of Operation Downfall, the invasion of Japan.  I can't find the original thread, but I could've sworn you expressed an intrest.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,26933.0.html
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

luft46models

Yet another radar for SAMI - thing is damned small in 1/144 but cute :rolleyes:

Anything not finished - I completed nothing in 09 so anything is better ( not mentioning the kit against the wall or the one destined for a Me163/Fw Flitzer mash up after I killed the Flitzer )

William in Oz

NARSES2

Quote from: nev on January 01, 2010, 01:15:54 AM
Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on December 31, 2009, 11:02:39 AM
Quote from: nev on December 31, 2009, 07:09:44 AMForgot to add, Tamiya 1/48 Meteor in SEAC markings for the 2010 mini theme.

There's a 2010 mini theme ??....... Why wasn't I told ??...... and what is it ??

Confused of Formby

65th Anniversary of Operation Downfall, the invasion of Japan.  I can't find the original thread, but I could've sworn you expressed an intrest.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,26933.0.html

It's not an "official theme" Ian as this years Telford is a free display. But we are encouraging like minded people to get together and work on things between themselves. An alternative take on Operation Downfall is one of them. I think the thread is in the SIG section.

As for plans for 2010.

Try and finish one "hangar queen" for every 2 or 3 new starters.

When Revell re-release the Hindenberg build my Sky Battleship  ;D

Then there's the alternative SEAC, Plan 1919 armour, Operation Downfall/Olympic 1948 and WWII Turkish front ideas  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Sky Battleships, Spacecruisers, etc., are very much "IN" with me at the moment, and I have lots of bits, thingies and pictures to derive sophisticated and creative direction from.
I have these urges and surges you see......
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Radish

Not mine, but tremendously inspirational.....

nev

Quote from: Radish on January 01, 2010, 02:49:34 AM
Sky Battleships, Spacecruisers, etc., are very much "IN" with me at the moment, and I have lots of bits, thingies and pictures to derive sophisticated and creative direction from.

Dammit Terry, why is the first we have seen of this?  Why doesn't it have its own thread?  And why is there only 1 pic?

COS ITS FRACKING BRILLIANT!!!!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

Hi Terry
have a read of a four part book series by Philip Reeve, they start with "Mortal Engines" (  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Engines ) and are very good.  :thumbsup:
Steve

ps, the three other books are
Predator's Gold
Infernal Devices
A Darkling Plain
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

PR19_Kit

Strewth, that's the Graf Zeppelin SQUARED!  :o

The air group should be interesting too....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Bloody hell Terry, why have you been hiding that from us? :o

My plans for this year are pretty much the same as the last 8 years.

Finish the kits half-done on the workbench from last year.
Build some of the promised models for the shows and themes this year.
Buy more kits for next year!

Simple, huh :huh: :rolleyes:

Radish

I did caption the picture, "Not mine, but inspirational......."
It's NOT mine......but I like it, like this too.....

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Shasper

Hopefully clear as much of my already started stuff as possible, but I'm not betting on it . . . Going from Private pilot to CFI by Sept is an absolute buzz-kill.
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Roger the Cabin Boy

Quote from: Aircav on January 01, 2010, 11:23:49 AM
Carbon friendly version  ;D

:o  So this must be Steampunk, eh.  I want one.   :lol:   Unless it's on the list of new releases from Airfix, I will need a good general arrangement drawing in 1/72.   ;D

Who is the artist? 
The future's so bright, I gotta wear NVGs...