My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Another Saab J-21A off ebay arrived today.  :wub: Got three now I think, one may be a doner for a Marton kitbash.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Geoff

Tamia 1/100th

Il-28 X3
Mig-21 X2
Lightning F6 X2
Fiat G-91 X2
Mig-19 X3

All at £2.50 each (for God sake don't tell SWMBO)

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Geoff

:blink: there is no emoticon for castration.
(As in my fear of) ;D

Martin H

over the course of this week a number of arrivals via Ebay have been added to the megastash.

Airfix Hs 125 Dominie T 1.
Airfix Hawker Hurricane I/IIB
Italeri Douglas DC 3.
AZ Zlin Z526ML.
AZ Hughes MD500E (2 in one box)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Martin H on July 16, 2010, 08:57:33 AM
<...>

They're out already? Cool! What's your impression of these kits? Is the decal sheet included once or twice?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

The Wooksta!

Another Airfix Meteor on ebay falls to the Wooksta!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Howard of Effingham

yesterday....

italeri RQ-4B global hawk [martin h aka 'OGL' tells me its the platz kit repopped]
italeri merlin [well the italian navy TTI version which comes with an underfuslage cargo frame in the kit. nice touch]

maybe some more additions today.
Keeper of George the Cat.

The Wooksta!

A Magna Gloster F9/37, the Peregrine engined one (I have a few of the Taurus ones in the stash).This will end up as a kitbashed Gloster Reaper.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

It looks easy enough.  Throw away the fuselage & engines, replace with Meteor T7 (or Matchbox NF) and add Merlins from a Revell Lancaster.  Won't look quite like the drawings but close enough.

I had thought of a Bf 110 fuselage but it's too skinny.  Besides which, I'd like to do a Bf 162 Jaguar from one of those IF I can get a very cheap Matchbox one (separate wings as opposed to a single lower piece wing).

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Martin H

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on July 16, 2010, 01:03:07 PM
Quote from: Martin H on July 16, 2010, 08:57:33 AM
<...>

They're out already? Cool! What's your impression of these kits? Is the decal sheet included once or twice?

looks very nice. only one sheet of decals thou, with 7 options.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

ChernayaAkula

^ Thanks for the heads-up! :thumbsup: Two decal sheets would've been very nice. With all those a bit more exotic air arms on there, which have a lot of whiffing potential.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

The Wooksta!

Last minute chance find during an ebay seach - Airfix Meteor F.III in an early 70s boxing for £2.99.  Duly snaffled!

The MPM Meteor F.III is out - an ebay trader (the same guy whose knocking out the Valom Brigands and Buckinghams for £25 - and even with the postage factored in, it's a considerable saving over the Hannants price) has them for £18.50.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

chrisonord

From my LMS, a bit of an impulse buy,a trumpeter jl-8 k8 karakorum. I have looked at this a couple of times and didn't really think much of it, but then thought it could be an operational trainer for the Cartel air force. Also from Kit crazy got a Hobbycrap CT-142, I was going to buy the civy version and militarise it, but saw this for a fair few quid less and got it instead, result!!
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Spey_Phantom

in Fairford, i didnt buy much except for a T-shirt and a pack of english tea for my dad,
but i did buy a nice Airfix 1/72 S.A Bulldog T.1 for a few quid.
i was gonna gonne buy an Airfix 1/72 Nimrod for £16, but due to stash overstock and lack of space, i had to cancel the buy  :banghead:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.