My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

Yeah Ben is the same models as Tamia.

I turned one of the Il-28s into a straffer in winter cammo

Weaver

Quote from: Green Dragon on August 07, 2010, 12:59:41 PM

Edit:- Forgot to say to Weaver, the Hawk kit tends to go for between £20 and £35 though I've seen them go higher. Just did one a few weeks back for a mate, think he got it for about £15 plus P+P.

Nice paint job!

I remember painting one back in the day: it looks easy, but the trouble is that, on that white background, any wobblyness in the edges on the coloured panels stands out a mile, and if you go over the edge (masking tape being only a rumour in those days), you're knackered.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

pyro-manic

I split up with my girlfriend of 4 and a half years last week, so I thought a bit of retail therapy might help. Have snaffled the following in the last week:

Airfix Canberra PR.9 - to be an upgraded bomber carrying LGBs or anti-radar missiles.
Airfix FAA Corsair - not sure yet, but it was cheap! Might try to "pretty-ify" it and make it attractive in some form...
Revell (Matchbox) Hawker Fury - possibly a racer, maybe a monoplane racer?
Airfix Hawker Hurricane II - already being built, in the all-silver pre-war biplane scheme. I have decals for either 1, 23, 43 or 87 Squadron. Very nice kit.
Special Hobby A-35 Vengeance - French in Indo-China or Africa post-war. Very battered, weathered, with weapons pinched from a T-6 Texan.

The best part is I didn't get any complaints when I brought them home! :D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

Quote from: Overkiller on August 07, 2010, 11:12:23 AM
Quote from: Weaver on August 07, 2010, 10:02:39 AM
We could be Uncle Grumpy and Uncle Greedy couldn't we?  :wacko: ;D

Aye, all we need then is Narses to join in as Uncle Geriatric.....  :wacko: (Or is that Uncle Gastric Efflux....  ;D )

Well he could be Uncle Whiffy (if that's an entendre, I'll have a double, matron...) which means Radish must be Uncle Kinky..... I could go on and on, and I will if you don't SEND ME ALL YOUR MODELS IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

Quote from: chrisonord on August 07, 2010, 10:33:00 AM
I like the look of the 1/100th scale IL-28's. could be scale O rama'd into a 1/72nd scale single seat twin jet fighter/ground attack aircraft. Very tempted to get a couple of those.
Chris.

They also have got those 1/100 Tamiya jobbies in at Bolton Model Market, the MiG-21's fuselage could have some possibilites as engine nacelles for a future project I have in mind.....

Got to thinking (after I got home... :banghead:): one of my planned projects is a PW PRGM MiCh SM-12, which in English means a People's Republic of Greater Manchester Mikoyan-Chadderton SM-12 for Patchwork World. Basically, it's a MiG-19 with a MiG-21 nose and a honking great ZELL booster. I was toying with the idea of putting it in a diorama where it's hidden inside a factory with a sliding roof, but I was kinda balking at the size of the factory I'd need in 1/72nd. However, if I did it in 1/100th, I might be able to use a mixture of n-gauge (1/160th) and HO-gauge (1/87th) scenics bits to make it work.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Army of One

Oooooh I'm in so much trouble....recently aquired bagged Alpha jet and F16A/B....seperate buys n bargains....Alpha jet was less than the postage!!!! Both 1/72......Falcon is Airfix......Alpha jet is soft grey/silver plastic,pilot looks like an old Airfix one but I don't think it was an airfix packaging....what is SWMBO'd gonna say when the other recently aquired stuff turns up?? Hopefully she will be at work....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on August 07, 2010, 01:31:54 PM
Quote from: Overkiller on August 07, 2010, 11:12:23 AM
Quote from: Weaver on August 07, 2010, 10:02:39 AM
We could be Uncle Grumpy and Uncle Greedy couldn't we?  :wacko: ;D

Aye, all we need then is Narses to join in as Uncle Geriatric.....  :wacko: (Or is that Uncle Gastric Efflux....  ;D )

Well he could be Uncle Whiffy (if that's an entendre, I'll have a double, matron...) which means Radish must be Uncle Kinky..... I could go on and on, and I will if you don't SEND ME ALL YOUR MODELS IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

You two are really lucky that me and Rad are both gentle, peace loving, well educated, sophisticated gentlemen approaching our best years...that and we can't run as fast as we used to  ;D

Quote from: Overkiller on August 07, 2010, 08:28:25 AM

Well, nowt really suitable for a lad....but this lickle puppy was making doe eyes at me....

1/72 Airfix Bf-110....

I don't usually do overblown food processors, I prefer proper planes with proper engines.... JETS!

Duncan

Edit: I've had a look in the box and initial impressions are very favourable indeed  :thumbsup:
Nicely detailed, yes the panel lines are a little overstated (get that in before the Anit-Airfix Assassins hack me to pieces  :wacko: ) but nowt a light sanding and a coat of primer wouldn't fix....
....and at £7.99 an out and out bargain  :drink:

She is nice Duncan, isn't she ? As you say the panel lines are a little OTT but after a coat of primer and 2 of camoflage they are ok. Already building mine, real world, the "shark mouth one" , and have plans for a couple more

Chris

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

pyro-manic

Quote from: Overkiller on August 07, 2010, 01:41:44 PM
Quote from: pyro-manic on August 07, 2010, 01:27:07 PM
Airfix FAA Corsair - not sure yet, but it was cheap! Might try to "pretty-ify" it and make it attractive in some form...

Wash your mouth out!

The Corsair is a lovely plane, it has that look that says "Go on, have a go....if you think you're hard enough..."

'Fraid not! ;D Horrible, awkward, hunched thing, with nothing in quite the right place. The F2G version was a big improvement though.

GTX

Awaiting me when I returned form the USA yesterday:

• 1/48 Tamiya Heinkel He219A-7 Uhu,
  • 1/48 Tamiya Republic F-84G Thunderjet,
  • 1/48 Monogram F-20 Tigershark,
  • 1/48 Monogram Dornier Do335 Arrow,
  • 1/48 Italerl Tornado (Navy Strike Fighter), and
  • 1/48 Revell Northrop F-5E Tiger II

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Army of One

Couple of things I have noticed with my recently aquired no box Airfix F16A/B......a)For some reason I thought it was raised panel lines....but upon actually looking at it I find the lines are really quite subtle and engraved. b)The instructions have a bit of history onthe front page....states that USA and Dutch decals included but painting guide has 2x USA and one Belgium example.......not complaining but just thought it strange....quite happy about the panel lines.....not sure about accuracy as in what block it is but it looks like an F16....albeit in bits at the mo.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Wooksta!

Are you sure it's actually an Airfix kit?  IIRC, they never went to engraved panels until recently.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Howard of Effingham

bought myself one of the new airfix Me-110's. aren't they nice? every man and his dog seems to be buying one, even duncan  ;D

all we need now is a new Me-110 nightfighter.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Mossie

Quote from: pyro-manic on August 08, 2010, 11:22:22 AM
Quote from: Overkiller on August 07, 2010, 01:41:44 PM
Quote from: pyro-manic on August 07, 2010, 01:27:07 PM

Wash your mouth out!

The Corsair is a lovely plane, it has that look that says "Go on, have a go....if you think you're hard enough..."

'Fraid not! ;D Horrible, awkward, hunched thing, with nothing in quite the right place. The F2G version was a big improvement though.

Stick a radial on it for starters.  Allison V-3420 would be a good choice, or maybe a Napier Sabre.  Use a five bladed or contra prop so you can reduce the blade length & straighten out the wing?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Steel Penguin

a batch of minis from Hasslefree,  Grymm, modern zombie hunters, and some of the lovely ladys that mr White sculpts so well.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

pyro-manic

QuoteStick a radial on it for starters.  Allison V-3420 would be a good choice, or maybe a Napier Sabre.  Use a five bladed or contra prop so you can reduce the blade length & straighten out the wing?

I was thinking maybe a Typhoon/Tempest nose, or at least a nice big spinner to sleek-ify it a bit. Maybe a Sea Fury cowling and prop. Plus a new fin, though I do like the cranked wing. Bubble canopy of course, and probably Hispanos instead of the .50s.

Mossie

If you ditch the chin intake like the Tempest I & kept the Corsairs leading edge intakes you'll get quite a pretty fighter.  If you keep it, you'll make it even uglier! :lol:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.