My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Ha!!!.....not married....n not likely to be if I keep buying models apparently......where can I get a Trumpeter Hind.... :lol:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

KiwiZac

Pegasus 1:72 Hispano HA1112 Buchon arrived after an online auction, unopened since new in 1983. I have it open to do a preview for Modeling Madness before doing one of three things: build it, somehow copy the fuse for other models, or hack off the news and build onto a Academy 109.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on September 04, 2010, 02:41:36 AM
Lots of new mold Spit Is in Coventry Aircraft Museum ;D

I hate you  :banghead: :banghead: ;D

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 04, 2010, 05:12:45 PM
Is that from their "Grounds for Divorce" range?

Made me smile  :thumbsup: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 04, 2010, 05:12:45 PM
Is that from their "Grounds for Divorce" range?

That reminds me of one of the lads from the Bedford model club. He got hold of a 35th scale Dora rail gun at near on 300 quid a go. Now he isn't short of a bob or two so he was more than able to afford it. His wife on the other hand went nuclear when she found out how much it was. He finally promised that he wouldn't buy another one, and also had to spend an equal mount on what ever the wife wanted as a peace offering.  He built it and its done the rounds of the shows. and he falls to temptation..............

Fast forward a year.
They move house, he's in the loft passing down stuff to his wife. Down goes another Dora box. He realizes the mistake as the wife takes hold of said box. She has just found out he had got another one. Acquired in a moment of madness at the first Brampton show held in the new venue. Nuclear detonation #2, and another £300 peace offering.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: KiwiZac on September 04, 2010, 11:49:49 PM
Pegasus 1:72 Hispano HA1112 Buchon arrived after an online auction, unopened since new in 1983. I have it open to do a preview for Modeling Madness before doing one of three things: build it, somehow copy the fuse for other models, or hack off the news and build onto a Academy 109.

Probably easier to hack off the nose and graft it onto another kit.  I'd suggest the Heller G-6 kit IF you can find one, because the u/c track is right and it's the right wing for the Buchon.  Failing that, a Heller K as a whiff.

The Academy kit is a bit hit and miss, although the cockpit interior is nice.

Personally, I'd hack off the nose, tidy it up then mould and cast it so I could do several. ;D
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

sideshowbob9

Got a Trumpeter Tu-16K-10 Badger-C yesterday at Duxford. Been after one for an age.

Also got a Pavla CR-42 and Pioneer Ta-154.

kitnut617

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on September 05, 2010, 06:19:11 AM
Got a Trumpeter Tu-16K-10 Badger-C yesterday at Duxford. Been after one for an age.

Did you know that Hobbycraft do a re-boxing of a couple of the Trumpeter Tu-16 kits, and way cheaper too as I found out when I bought one some time ago.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

sideshowbob9

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 05, 2010, 07:29:58 AM
Quote from: sideshowbob9 on September 05, 2010, 06:19:11 AM
Did you know that Hobbycraft do a re-boxing of a couple of the Trumpeter Tu-16 kits, and way cheaper too as I found out when I bought one some time ago.

I only paid £25. The cheapest hobbycraft one I could find is only £1 cheaper than that so no biggie. Plus it's not the C variant with the bulbous nose.
Plus plus I'll never get another hobbycraft kit as long as I live after building a Monogram and hobbycraft Twin Mustang in parallel. One is awesome, the other, well, hobbycrap!

The Wooksta!

Their Sabres were beauties and their Avro CF105 Arrow is the only one available in injection.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Geoff

Dragon T-34/85 late 1944 model in 1/72 with bedspring armour.

kitnut617

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on September 05, 2010, 08:28:26 AM
Plus plus I'll never get another hobbycraft kit as long as I live after building a Monogram and hobbycraft Twin Mustang in parallel. One is awesome, the other, well, hobbycrap!

Built those two myself some time ago, I didn't find them to be any different as they are the same kit   :huh:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

GTX

Quoteand also had to spend an equal mount on what ever the wife wanted as a peace offering.

Only safe treatment known (trying to hide is proven to be more dangerous)!  Only problem is that generally, the exchange rate doesn't work out 1:1!

Regards,

Greg (currently buying lots for SWMBO!!!)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Army of One

Ha!!! One down n one to go.......all be revealed soon......stash will increase by at least one whatever happens.... ;D

Update........Just the one then... >:(..40p raised with 2 secs to go ....iphone not as fast as i'd like. :banghead:..waiting for it now...
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Green Dragon

Got a very nice surprise today! Early Birthday pressie from my younger Brother and family, a Games Workshop Imperial Guard Valkyrie  :wub: Looks great in the box.
Should be out tomorrow to blow a few quid on crap!  :thumbsup:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

sideshowbob9

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 05, 2010, 08:48:57 AM
Their Sabres were beauties and their Avro CF105 Arrow is the only one available in injection.

Ok, I might have engaged in a bit of hyperbole there. The Arrow is indeed a nice kit.

QuoteBuilt those two myself some time ago, I didn't find them to be any different as they are the same kit

The plastic on the Monogram is much sturdier (the hobbycraft one had a twisted fuselage - something I'm still trying to correct - it's almost there!) and the placement pins on the hobbycraft were stunted growth examples at best. The detailing was also very much more crude. The same kit yes, but a very watered down copy. The Monogram just went together sooooo much easier. All imo of course.