My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

At last and thanks to Thorvic for sending down the aid parcel from "oop North" ; :bow:

2 Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Mk I's...Luverley  :wub: :wub: :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

A Matchbox 1/72 Fairey Seafox off EB and with a £0.75p price label from Beatties, I'm thinking radial.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

The Wooksta!

Use a Bristol Pegasus and the front end from a Swordfish.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Aircav

It was the Pegasus I was thinking of.  :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Weaver

Two of Colin's Silver Cloud P.12 Interceptor conversions for the Airfix Canberra from Freightdog. Usual exquisite quality and speedy service - cheers Colin!
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

Lates ebay wins:
Aeroclub Shackleton decals
Mosquito conversion parts plus unidentified white metal parts

That's what it said on the listing.  My eagle eyes spotted NF21 barely legible on a packet of bits and realised that it was the u/c from the Skybirds 86 De Havilland Hornet.  I have one of these that I picked up cheap sans metal.  The auction to win!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Green Dragon

Bought a couple of that "build a Tiger tank" part work for 50p each coz I'm bound to find a use for some giant guns! You can never have too much firepower.  ;D

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

ChernayaAkula

A pack of GW Dark Elf Cold One Knights.  :bow: Thought the Chaos Knights were great, but these guys are even better. The lizards they ride on are awesome!

And I got a nice big envelope form Hannants containing lots of decals. Two 1/48 Berna sheets for the Vive La France GB, one Begemot sheet for 1/72 MiG-29 Fulcrums (55 options!!!) and an FCM sheet for 1/144 Sundowners Tomcats (or something else in VF-111 markings  :wacko:)!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Nigel Bunker

A quick visit to TAHS yesterday. Picked up an Airfix Spitfire IX and an Esoteric Models T-34C Turbo Mentor. Plus some Aeroclub bits - always handy to have.

The Mentor is in resin with whire metal details and is beautifully moulded - one piece fuselage and one piece wings, put the two together and the airframe is basically there. It even comes with a decal sheet with two options on it. The late Jim Wood did well with this model, and I am really looking forward to building it.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

KiwiZac

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 05, 2010, 05:51:35 AM
Personally, I'd hack off the nose, tidy it up then mould and cast it so I could do several. ;D
Ya know, that's sorta what I've been thinking......
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Radish

All 1/72nd purchases....

2 x Italeri RF/F-104Gs

The rest are all HobbyBoss

3 x Zero (all to be RAF based on the Gloster/Bristol designs of the late '30s)
2 x Hawker Typhoons
2 x Hurricane IIc Trops
2 x D.520s....1 x La-7

Everything to be whiffed.

2 x 1/72nd AML decal sheets for French AF Hawk 75s :wub:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

thedarkmaster

new airfix Spitfire 1 which was delievered today ( 24 of them but after staff purchases only 14 reached the floor ) so nice got two

airfix Hurricane 1 for the irish Decals
Revell Bearcat
Revell Bristol Beaufughter
Revell Hawker Fury and Revell 1/1200 Uss Enterprise

Nearly all to paint for the shop  ;D ;D ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

ChernayaAkula

Big haul today!  :party:

First, the mail man delivered some stuff from Lucky Model:

Hobby Boss 1/48 MiG-17PFU Fresco-E - thinking this might look good in some African markings...
Academy 1/72 M26 Dragon Wagon
Academy 1/72 M3 half-tack, 1/4 ton amphibian Jeep and motorcycle

Then I got a cheap Revell 1/144 CL-604 Challenger form a friend.

Then we paid a visit to the LHS. Seems they want to drastically reduce their plastic model section (they always were more of a model railroad shop anyway), so they had a lot of stuff on sale. I got...

1/72 Italeri Fiat CR.42 LW - 5 EUR! And it comes with two pairs of spats! :wacko:
1/72 Italeri/ESCI Sea Harrier FRS.1 - 5 EUR. The panel lines on this one have to be seen to be believed. They make even Hasegawa's seem like trenches. And this kit's moulds are 20+ years old!
1/72 Hasegawa Toyota starter truck - 2 EUR!
1/48 Italeri Autoblinda AB 43 armoured car - 6 EUR!
1/48 Supermodel/Italeri Fiat CR.42 LW and Autoblinda AB 41 armoured car - 10 EUR!
1/35 Tristar Pzkpfw. 38(t) Ausf.G - 10 EUR!

:party:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

From ebay: 1/72nd Novo Sea Hawk, just 'cos ot was cheap (no decals or instructions).

From Freightdog: 1/72nd Lockheed XFV-1 Salmon  :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

TsrJoe

from Jamiesons Models, Glasgow (lhs.)

Trumpeter 1/35 E.50 aa. tank, turret should be on a Panther but a nice addition to the range
Academy 1/72 Bronco A, a really nice lil kit, prob the best one in the scale
Academy 1/72 Bronco D, ditto above with the long nose extension and new props
Academy 1/72 MiG.23, a cheaper copy of the Hasegawa kit with engraved panel lines
Italeri 1/72 Boeing Chinook HC.1, looks way nicer than the old Matchbox ones i have stashed

the 1/72 kits all for 'whiffing'
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)