My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 25, 2010, 01:54:30 AM
Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on September 24, 2010, 11:21:25 AM
arrived from Hannants today, just 36hours after ordering it !!

Ian

Yup they seem to have sorted out their despatch procedures. All my recent orders have arrived within 36 to 48 hours  :thumbsup: Also shows how good the good old P.O. can be

Well the good old Post Office have entirely lost three kits I ordered off ebay in the last two months, so I remain to be convinced..... :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

From the LHS:
2 x New Airfix Spitfire Ia

From Cockney Col over on Britmodeller who's just returned from Eday in Prague:
2 x Kopro Avia B35s (one of these will be getting a Spitfire Ia Merlin cowling)

From Chris57 on Britmodeller (who is the Magna agent in the UK):
Avro Ashton

It's a bit rough and ready,but workable.  However, my plan to try and bash one into a Tudor is complicated by the kit breakdown.

From the ebay fairy:
ADS Mosquito Pt 1.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Wooksta!

Just won another Airfix Meteor FIII on Ebay.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Green Dragon

From ebay today, a still sealed Airfix 1/72nd F-86D from 1980 when they were still at Haldane Place.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Okwaho

Just completed a trade for two 1/72 DML/Dragon kits: Focke-Wulf Ta152C and Ta152H. Brings my Ta152 collection up to 30 in 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32.
:thumbsup: :cheers:

Wolf Clan, Mohawk Nation, Keeper of the Eastern Door

Cliffy B

Pick 3 kits from the LHS the other day.  I had a coupon and struck pay dirt at the discount table  ;D

1/144 Minicraft Boeing Model 314 Clipper (only $12!)
1/72 Hasegawa A-6E Intruder
1/700 Hobby Boss Type IX-C U-Boat

The A-6E will look great next their old EA-6B I snagged years ago and the U-Boat will finally allow me to finish my little ASW dio with that B-26 and P-51 I built a month or so ago.  Still not sure on how to whiff the Clipper.  If you have an idea head on over to the Idea Bank and post it up please!  :mellow:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Nick

From Freightdog at todays IPMS Brampton show, the kit I've been begging for years to have in resin/usable plastic, the British Aerospace EAP!!

Looks very good in grey resin with crisp lines and a nice metal undercarriage. Should build it in the next 2 years  :rolleyes: ;D

Martin H

like Nick, ive also laid my hands on one of Colin's EAP kits.

I also came home with: (all 1/72nd)
Revell Dornier Skyservant.
Revell Heinkel He 70
both from Narses.

Airfix RF-5E Tigereye. from Mike McEvoy
Airfix YF 22 from Howard of effingham, for spares.

and a target!
Baxmod models Buffel APC.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

frank2056

Not exactly a model, but I got a box of high density urethane foam cutoffs from Atlas signs and plaques. The foam comes as 18lb and 30lb density. It's similar to the higher density "Balsa foam", just not as crumbly and denser.

Great stuff for scratchbuilding since it's easy to cut and carve and takes paint well. I had some surfboard cutoff material, but I'm running out of that.

AeroplaneDriver

Got home after a weekend away and found two boxes from the eBay Fairy

Big 'Ol Box of Sci-Fi Kitbash Parts-$10 for a parts lot...including...Death Star, Republic Cruiser, several USS Enterprises, Romulan ship, numerous small Trek Ships, about a dozen small SW fighters, some sort of Starblazers ship, Armageddon Space Station, and a TON of ST and SW display stands

Slightly Smaller Box of Unopened Kits....containing...

1/72 RoG Hunter F.6
1/72 Hase Phantom FGR.2
1/72 Hase Tornado GR.4
1/72 Trumpy Gannett T.2

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Howard of Effingham

from the brampton show....

airfix 1/72 B57/RB57 canberra
hasegawa 1/72  :tornado: GR1
airfix 1/72 Mil Mil 24 hind

and the ancient C-Scale conversion kit for the EC-130E [RR]
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

Very subdued on the purchasing front at Brampton, just a resin Spitfire XIX sliiper tank and the Spitfire ramjet part. Both from Freightdog. Slipper tank will be used on either a real world build or a USAAF PR XIX and the ramjet on a Spitfire XII for a emergency VI interceptor.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

pyro-manic

Just won a couple of Sea Vixens on ebay - a Revell (Frog) one and an Xtrakit one. I was bidding on several to make sure I got one (been beaten soooo many times), and scored two. At least one will be getting hacked up to be a "Supervixen", and the other may get bashed as well. Also picked up a Revell AH-1W Cobra gunship, which is going to be British Army or Marines.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Gondor

I received my second Canberra B(I)8 from eBay today, along with its brethren its going to be real life though

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Green Dragon

Heller 1/72nd Mirage 2000N from ebay today. Not sure if it'll be real world or bashed into something.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)