My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedarkmaster

Zvezda Tupolev 154m going to do it in a VC10 livery to see if i can get it past a JMN  ;D  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: thedarkmaster on October 06, 2010, 09:46:46 AM
Zvezda Tupolev 154m going to do it in a VC10 livery to see if i can get it past a JMN  ;D  ;D  ;D

Good plan! :wacko: :thumbsup:
Just a heads-up. See if you can somehow fit a cocktail stick or something like that into the wings to act as a spar. Apparently, the plastic of the outer wings is so thin they might sag over time. Talked to someone at a model show who had built one and who had this happen to his Tu-154M.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Radish

4 x 1/72nd Revell (Matchbox) Gloster Gladiators.
One Finnish (for Biggles)....the others not sure, but RAF, Lithuanian and Egyptian sound good. Then that Free French one was nice. My Airfix ones will be the Whatiffers.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

From the bay, Airfix 1/72nd Fouga Magister. To be another swept wing one like this:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,22253.0.html

But with wheels down this time, thanks to the availability of a two-piece Matchbox G.91 wing, rather than the one-piece Airfix one.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

anthonyp

Got a box of parts from eBay today that I paid all of $10 for.

Basically they're all part donors, but I can salvage a few basically intact.  Included were:

3 x 1/144 Revell Space Shuttles
1 x 1/72 Monogram Space Shuttle
1 x 1/288 Academy 747 w/ Space Shuttle
1 what I think may have been a 707 at one point
1 what was probably a C-47
1 might have been an F-4E

And a few other loose odds and ends that are going to the parts box.  I'll probably turn 2 of the 1/144 shuttles into Civilian shuttles, convert the 1/72 mother into a 1/144 heavy shuttle, and turn the remaining 1/144 and 1/288 into parts fodder.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

The Wooksta!

Was given a set of Hurricane rockets & launch rails in resin a few days back. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Spey_Phantom

1 new addition:

revell 1/72 Horten Go229
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Radish

Most Revell 1/72nd, from Model Hobbies...ordered Thursday afternoon, arrived 8am this morning!!

4 x 1/72nd Boeing Stearman Kaydets (one to be Israeli, real)
2 x 1/72nd Dornier Do 28D2 Skyservants.....not sure yet, but interesting thingies!!

1  x 1/72nd HobbyBoss UH-34D....for Biggles. :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

pyro-manic

Got a Sunderland and Buccaneer, both Airfix, from TDM yesterday. Also included a free Mig 15!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Spey_Phantom

just one more addition, another Revell 1/72 FW Flitzer, thinking of converting it into a 2-seat nightfighter with Me262B parts  :rolleyes:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Wooksta!

The only bit you can use is the canopy.  I started a tandem two seat version some years back and made a copy of the forward cockpit for the guy in the back, although I intended it as a trainer rather than a nightfighter. It's too small for use as a nightfighter as you need plenty of fuel for long loiter time.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 09, 2010, 09:47:55 AM
The only bit you can use is the canopy.  I started a tandem two seat version some years back and made a copy of the forward cockpit for the guy in the back, although I intended it as a trainer rather than a nightfighter. It's too small for use as a nightfighter as you need plenty of fuel for long loiter time.

ok, time to look for some FW190 droptanks in the sparesbox  ;D, already got 2 fw190 cockpits for conversion  :mellow:
but if you are saying that to challenge me to dare build it, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED  :wacko:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

pyro-manic

Stretch the tail booms to balance the longer forward fuselage, add Sea Vixen-style over-boom tanks, and a pair of under-wing tanks as well. Should look good! :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Army of One

Two italeri 1/72 F16's,the night version and a 2 seat version....same bar a sprue or so.....both for around £4.50.....bargain!!!! A mate has taken a package for me containing two 1/72 Ital/Dragon Mi28 Havocs and a Revell PAH 2....just under £15 for the 3....bit of postage on top....just missed a Mi 24 Hind this eve for under £3 due to travelling to work when sale finished......poor skills....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

I went to a show !

I bought models !

Am I now a member of some super-secret club, or what ?

:thumbsup:

2000 and 2001 model 1/12th Tamiya Suzuki RGV500s (the Bike KR JR won the championship on and the No.1 bike he rode the next seaon ) A major score for me @ only $10 each.

RoG 144th scale Airbus Guppy, A340, and CH-53.

Matchbox Kiowa

An old AMT Mosquito and some crappy old P-51 ( Damn salesmen and their pressure ! )

And compliments of Scooterman a pair of  ARRI 144th scale Mitsubishi F-1s and and F-16XL, as well as a funky Resin Yak-36 ! Thanks, dude !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?