My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

the new airfix Me-110E/E-2 trop

also several decal sheets, including one duff one. that's xtradecal's sheet 72-109 for the F-100C, the whole sheet is enough
out of register to render it unusuable and it comes with a correction sheet! its getting taken to SMW to hannants' stand to see
if they have had anyone else complain about it and if they'll replace it for me.
Keeper of George the Cat.

thedarkmaster

Just got a polar lights USS Enterprise ( Refit) my first space craft , going to fit into a theme i have going  ;) ;) ;)
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

pyro-manic

Picked up an Airfix BN Islander/Defender today. Most likely will be converted for COIN, ELINT or gunship duties, while the Philippino decals will be used on the Flanker I'm doing as my contribution to The Empire's Twilight. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

thedarkmaster

QuotePhilippino decals will be used on the Flanker I'm doing as my contribution to The Empire's Twilight.

Ohh now I'm very interested and intrigued

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

pyro-manic

Thought you might! ;D The Philippines go "red" after a successful communist uprising against the Marcos regime in the early 70s (the US cannot intervene as it is already at full stretch elsewhere, dealing with Vietnam and British and French jostling in SEA). Oil is discovered in the Philippine Sea in 1979, and the country becomes the USSR's new favourite ally very shortly afterwards. Mig-29s and Flankers are bought through the 80s, and my example will be defending the oil rigs against the British Far East Fleet operating out of Singapore in '91. I also have a Buccaneer to build as the opposition. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

thedarkmaster

QuoteThe Philippines go "red" after a successful communist uprising against the Marcos regime in the early 70s (the US cannot intervene as it is already at full stretch elsewhere, dealing with Vietnam and British and French jostling in SEA). Oil is discovered in the Philippine Sea in 1979, and the country becomes the USSR's new favourite ally very shortly afterwards. Mig-29s and Flankers are bought through the 80s, and my example will be defending the oil rigs against the British Far East Fleet operating out of Singapore in '91. I also have a Buccaneer to build as the opposition.

cant wait sounds fantastic  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

anthonyp

Quote from: thedarkmaster on October 21, 2010, 06:44:47 AM

Just got a polar lights USS Enterprise ( Refit) my first space craft , going to fit into a theme i have going  ;) ;) ;)

Which one?  The 1/1000 or the large frakking 1/350 box o' awesome?
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

thedarkmaster

QuoteWhich one?  The 1/1000 or the large frakking 1/350 box o' awesome?

we had both at work but only the 1/1000 was in my price range, even after the discount........they have recently gone up 20%  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ChernayaAkula

More fodder for the stash monster...  :rolleyes:

Hasegawa 1/72 F-4E Bicentennial
Hasegawa 1/72 F-4F Richthofen Special
Hasegawa 1/72 YF-4E Edwards AFB
Academy 1/48 Mirage IIIR - need the nose to graft it onto another Mirage

And got my Gwylan Models 1/700 Steregushchy-class corvette!  :party:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Ha!! 3 Zvezda Mi24's the new one...picked up frompost office today......what an awesome kit!!!! £6.50 each......bargain!!!! Detail is fantastic!!!! Two for the price of a HobbyBoss one....can't complain.....!!! Love it,might get some more.....!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

anthonyp

Walked into Great Lakes, not expecting much, but found some gems I couldn't pass up:

1/700 Dragon USS Independence LCS-1 (I can see why they nicknamed it the Klingon Battlecruiser)
1/700 Dragon USS Virginia CGN-38
1/700 Dual pack of USS Cole DDG-67 and a Typhoon SSBN (which all kinds of airplane and helo goodness too)
1/72 Hobbycraft CF-100 Mk. 4 Clunk (believe it or not, but this is my first Clunk)
1/130 Heller X-15
1/144 RoG YF-23
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Daryl J.

Cyber Hobby Ju-88G-6 for service in Vietnam, 1968 in the USAF.
Revell/Monogram  Do-217E-4.

Life is good.

rickshaw

just score five Hasegawa kits on Ebay for $Au42.00:

Mohawk
Bronco
F15
TA-4J Skyhawk
T-1 Mentor

Also purchased this week from the same place a Heller TF/F-104.

All 1/72 of course.  ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Dork the kit slayer

Something from my long lost youth and the Hunter collector bloke ( yes he of the tight jockeys) said I had to buy the 107.................mind you for a tenner(£10 to the foriegn Jonnies) seriously good value and has the makings of a great Wif. :thumbsup:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/