My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

I got two 1/700 Hasegawa harbor sets, mainly for the crane. I also got a 1:1 scale working model of Newton's first reflecting telescope. It took about 1 hr to put together and it works!

chrisonord

Quote from: frank2056 on December 03, 2010, 06:43:36 AM
I got two 1/700 Hasegawa harbor sets, mainly for the crane. I also got a 1:1 scale working model of Newton's first reflecting telescope. It took about 1 hr to put together and it works!
The neighbours will never be safe again  :wacko: :lol:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

frank2056

Quote from: chrisonord on December 03, 2010, 07:25:22 AM
The neighbours will never be safe again  :wacko: :lol:
Chris.
Except that I already have an 8" Celestron and a 90mm Meade telescope!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

From eBay over the last couple of weeks:

Italeri/Revell 1:72 Jag - IN A MARKS & SPENCER BOX !

Pair of Eagle Strike decal sheets for Fokker D.VII's - couple of outrageously colourful machines on these two sheets. And from the same seller a very nice Aeromaster sheet for 1:48 Mozzie's

Tamiya M106A1 mortar carrier - sold by Transport Models in Preston so had to force m'self to go up there to collect it  ;)

Resin Agave radar nose conversion for the 1:48 Airfix Jag

Three Squadron Signal books: Su25 in Action and Navy Air Wing colours pts 2 & 3.

Not for my stash or library, but for my PC - Call of Duty 3 !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

AeroplaneDriver

From that foul temptress eBay:

Heller 1/48 Mirage IVP with Neomega 'pit
Hasegawa 1/48 IDF A-4E/H

And on the non-modelling related hobby front....a guy at work has got me back into target shooting after a long break...I never shot a whole lot, but I do enjoy it when I get around to it, so today I stopped in the friendly local gun shop and walked out with a Walther P99QA in 9mm....I would have preferred .40cal, but it was on special and I got a great price.  Watch out paper circles!

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Weaver

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on December 03, 2010, 05:58:07 PM
And on the non-modelling related hobby front....a guy at work has got me back into target shooting after a long break...I never shot a whole lot, but I do enjoy it when I get around to it, so today I stopped in the friendly local gun shop and walked out with a Walther P99QA in 9mm....I would have preferred .40cal, but it was on special and I got a great price.  Watch out paper circles!

I nearly asked you what the tray of gold liquid in the bottom of the case was for, until I realised it was the table top showing through the handle cut-out.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ;D ;D ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

From Roger-the-Cabin-Boy:

Whirlykits 1/72nd Miles M.100 Student in resin. Lovely little plane: cute as a button.... :wub:

Kit is scary and impressive in equal measure to someone who's never done more resin than tidbits before... :blink: The fuselage is in one piece with the cockpit interior built onto a floor "hatch" which is fitted after painting the fuselage. Now that looks very Gerry Anderson: you could imagine the whole floor, with a sofa instead of seats and a glamourous female pilot, elevating from some 60's lounge straight up into the plane. Replace the jet with a turboshaft, fit tilting props at the wingtips....

...nah, only kidding Phil. :wacko: Any whiffery will be confined to extending the armed COIN tests. :thumbsup:

Thanks again! :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Aircav

Lucky sod.  ;D :thumbsup: :bow:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Army of One

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on December 03, 2010, 12:10:37 PM

Three Squadron Signal books: Su25 in Action and Navy Air Wing colours pts 2 & 3.

Ian

What is the Su25 like..? I was thinking of asking for one for Xmas from SWMBO'd.......who called me and asked the Q...'Whats in the package from The Aviation Hobby Shop..?' I bit my tongue before I blurted out 'silly question ya stoopid cow...!!'....instead it was more like...........'models'.......'WHAT MODELS.....??????'........'ones I ain't got'......before I lost signal....... ;)
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Daryl J.

Classic Airframes Hawk P-6E and Ro-37

kitnut617

From Telford (no, I wasn't there personally, but my friend Steve Gardner was though and he got me these)

Two Airfix Harrier TAV-8B/T.10's, one will be OOB and the other completely influenced by a recent posting by Spinners (bottom pic).

And a Whirlybird catalogue, which I notice has a new contact address now.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Army of One

Quote from: Aircav on December 04, 2010, 03:41:46 AM

Lucky sod.  ;D :thumbsup: :bow:

Oh.....most certainly ditto!!!!! Get to play with a glock 17 occaisionally.....be more permanent next year...... ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

ChernayaAkula

Tomytec 1/144 JASDF F-15 weapons set - including AAM-5s and these new UAVs that look little fighter planes themselves.

Really wish Tomytec would release their 1/144 F-15s as unpainted kits (and at cheaper prices  ;D). Shapewise, they look so much nicer than all the other Eagles in the scale.

If someone bothers to listen, we could really use newly-tooled kits of the F-15 and F-16 in 1/144!  :banghead: Come on, Revell, how about it? We already have very nice Tomcats and Hornets, how about the rest of the teen fighters?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Army of One

The box from TAHS contained 1xAcad 1/144 Su25 n Su22....3xRevell Ka50 Hokums...an italeri 1/72 Mangusta and a 1/144 Mig 31....can't remember who by but it's very basic.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on December 04, 2010, 08:20:07 AM
who called me and asked the Q...'Whats in the package from The Aviation Hobby Shop..?'

Maybe you should ask them to put them in a plain brown package  ;D I'll be in touch latter in the week about your Telford kits - which will be suitably wraped  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.