My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Ohhh....Mr blackshark.........did you peek at your Hind book before Xmas......naughty.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

ChernayaAkula

Who? Me? NEVER!

It was an online buy and I had to make sure it was the correct book, right? Well, that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

chrisonord

No model kits this year  :angry: but got something to take the ones I have picture a nice new Canon Powershot A490 camera. Loads better than the old one too.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Daryl J.

MiG's.   1/48 scale, some with accessories.  
-15UTI
JJ-5
-17F
-17PFU
-19S
-19PM
-21MF (bis)

I'm hoping to stretch the JJ-5 into a T-tailed pre-MiG 19 trainer and create something ''SM-12-ish" out of the error-filled  MiG-19PM kit.  

frank2056

For Christmas, I got:

Miniart 1/35 BA-64B Soviet armored car with figures - I thought this was a reboxing of the old Eastern Express kit, but I think it's a completely different mold, since it comes with a somewhat detailed interior.

Our cats always get me a tank model for Christmas. This year, I got the Academy 1/35 M3A1 Stuart

PR19_Kit

Despite knowing that I'm in the middle of a major stash reduction, my eldest daughter (not the one who's 'The Best Air Traffic Controller in the RAF'....) bought me an Airfix Chinook HC1 for my birthday (which is today!  :drink: :party:) And the reason she bought it? 'Cos it has decals for 'Bravo November' included!  :thumbsup:

She also bought me the Haynes Vulcan  book, magic stuff!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Well had a very good Xmas and the pressies included 2 1/48th Tamiya Spitfires - a Vb and Vb Trop  :wub:.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

pyro-manic

Picked up a Revell 1:72 F-16B from the Modelzone sale today. The branch in Cardiff, which I didn't know was there.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Army of One

My two other children around for a belated Xmas......stash increased by 1/72 Airfix Kaman Seasprite and CH53 Jolly Green Giant and a Revell 1/144 Harrier GR7..........woohoo........SWMBO'd is at work next few days so hopefully the postman will deliver all the stuff from before Xmas including the SSGB11 package........can't wait....!!!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Spey_Phantom

alast, possibly the last kits i bought for 2010  :-\
i was looking for a revell 1/72 Albatros D.III, but they were sold out.
i was in a WW1 kinda mood and went ahead and bought:

-Revell 1/72 Sopwith F-1 Camel
-Revell 1/72 SPAD XIII C-1
-Airfix 1/72 Bristol F.2b Fighter
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Nick

Wandered past Modelzone in Romford today and came out £9.98 poorer while clutching a pair of Revell F-16B kits!

I've decided not to buy any kits next year :rolleyes: but this is still this year so......   ;D

ChernayaAkula

Probably the last model purchases for the year (and if I had any brains and given the size of the stash, for the foreseeable future ;D):

All from Amazon, for around 50% off (after X-Mas sales rock!  :wacko:).

Airfix 1/72 EE Canberra B (I) 8 - two of these. One will be real world, the other quite possibly a whif.
Airfix 1/72 Saladin Mk.2 - two of these as well. Will be bashed into an 8x8 vehicle with a Firefly turret from a Matchbox/Revell kit.
Airfix 1/72 Fokker F-27 Friendship - airliner for a whiffed African country.
Trumpeter 1/72 - EE Lightning F.6/F.2a - will be whiffed. Quite possibly something from Gekko's "Lightnings over Africa" story.
Trumpeter 1/144 Tu-16 Badger-C - most likely real world.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

Mr S. Falcon wanted some Ugg boots, something you want to get off you chest Chris??? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

thedarkmaster

Delved into the sale at work today

got

2x 1/144 f15's by Airfix
2x 1/144 F4's by Airfix
1x1/72 F16b by Revell
1x 1/48 Rafale by Revell

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz