My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Nipped into Hobbycraft (I needed new ribbon for my waspie) and thought it'd be rude not to buy the Airfix HMS Nelson, that'll become intergalactic of course.

Also, bought some self adhesive plastic eyes, with a clear shallow dome, a white eye and a black spot that moves. I thought they might have some use....not sure what....haven't made my mind up completely, but heresy suggests a Spitfire PR.XIX
;D ;D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

lancer

Quote from: Radish on February 17, 2010, 12:21:58 PM
haven't made my mind up completely, but heresy suggests a Spitfire PR.XIX
;D ;D

GO on be a heritic, you know you want to!! Besides it's fun being a heretic... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'm also a card carrying heretic....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Weaver

Nipped into Hobbycraft (I needed new ribbon for my waspie) and thought it'd be rude not to buy the Airfix HMS Nelson, that'll become intergalactic of course.

Also, bought some self adhesive plastic eyes, with a clear shallow dome, a white eye and a black spot that moves. I thought they might have some use....not sure what....haven't made my mind up completely, but heresy suggests a Spitfire PR.XIX
;D ;D

Good arn't they?  ;D You can get oval ones too....

If you're going to separate the dome, proceed with caution: the clear bit is very thin (like vacform) and the glue that holds the white base on is very strong.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

From ebay, a 1/72nd Revell He100D. Think that's three I've got now.... ;)

Also, some fine lead wire made by Plusmodel (looks good) and some brass strip that isn't K&S: it's by a British company called Albion Alloys. They do have a website, but they don't seem to sell direct.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Nipped into Hobbycraft (I needed new ribbon for my waspie)

We are not talking about a small British helicopter here are we ?  :banghead: :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on February 17, 2010, 03:07:56 PM
Also, some fine lead wire made by Plusmodel (looks good) and some brass strip that isn't K&S: it's by a British company called Albion Alloys. They do have a website, but they don't seem to sell direct.

First came across them via work years ago. They are very good and are now actively selling to the modelling market. They had a stand at SMW and are advertising in the modelling press. Website asks you to phone for a local stockist. Range of precision tube is impressive.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Green Dragon

From Plastic Past-Times via ebay came a 1/72nd Miniart Medieval Castle today. Might have to scratch some more wall sections to expand the courtyard. Probably going to be a bad guys lair with helipad, Sat/Coms, radar guided gun/missile self-defence turrets and an army of gun toting henchmen! Or maybe a WW2 Where Eagles Dare castle full of Nazis with a Helipad, big radio transmitter tower and Flak Guns with Kubelwagen's and BMW R75's in the courtyard.
Been wanting a castle since I was a kid! :wub:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

chrisonord

Quote from: Green Dragon on February 18, 2010, 12:47:12 PM
From Plastic Past-Times via ebay came a 1/72nd Miniart Medieval Castle today. Might have to scratch some more wall sections to expand the courtyard. Probably going to be a bad guys lair with helipad, Sat/Coms, radar guided gun/missile self-defence turrets and an army of gun toting henchmen! Or maybe a WW2 Where Eagles Dare castle full of Nazis with a Helipad, big radio transmitter tower and Flak Guns with Kubelwagen's and BMW R75's in the courtyard.
Been wanting a castle since I was a kid! :wub:

Paul Harrison
You so have to make this into a bad guys lair Paul, something that would not look out of place on a James Bond film. You could make one of the turrets open out to reveal the Nuclear missile launcher, or a ZELL launched escape aircraft.  :wacko:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Green Dragon

Chris, you're reading my mind with the nuke missile tower! :thumbsup: Think I still have an Airfix Shuttle SRB in one of my spares boxes.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Damian2

Yesterday got gifted a Y-Wing, Snowspeeder and AT-ST all from kenner from a buddy. They're old and have been played with but are in pretty good nick, I'm planning on redoing them all with  a fresh lick of paint to bring them closer to how they looked in the movies. And yes I'm therefore not planning on eBaying them...
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Weaver

From ebay, another 1/72nd Heller He-112 (got 3 now). Bought on the same day as the He-100: it was definately a Heinkel kinda day... ;D

Edit: <sigh> I suppose it's some kind of milestone when you can no longer keep track of your stash in your head: the correct Heinkel count is two He112s and four He100s...... :rolleyes:

- Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

A Dragon 1/72 Jagdpanzer IV L/70
A Dragon 1/35 Marder III Ausf. M tank hunter (600+ parts, but looks like loads of fun!)

EDIT:

This or the previous post contains my 800th addition to the stash!

Is there an end to this madness?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

lancer

My Airfix club kits arrived yesterday and safely sequestered in the stash
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

lancer

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on February 18, 2010, 06:05:54 PM

Is there an end to this madness?

Nope, the madness actually gets worse from here on in....