My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

My two car kits arrived today, both from an era when Airfix knew how to made models.

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

ChernayaAkula

Just when I had (almost :rolleyes:) decided on a kit purchase moratorium (822 should last me for years decades to come), I dropped by at a local toy shop. They're pretty fast when it comes to new Revell releases (only model brand they stock) and I was looking for the new "Eye of the Tiger" Tigermeet Tornado. They didn't have it yet, but they had a nice pile of vastly discounted kits. So I had a look-see. Couldn't pass this one up, now, could I? Walked out with ten new kits!   :rolleyes::banghead:

Three 1/144 Hawker Hunter FGA.9 at 1.99 EUR each (down from 4.99 EUR)
Two 1/144 TF-104G Starfighters for 1.99 EUR each (down from 4.99 EUR)
One 1/144 Ka-50 Black Shark for 3.99 EUR (instead of 7.99 EUR)
Two 1/72 Su-25 Frogfoots for 4.99 each (instead of 12.99) - more or less got these for the decals only
One F-86D Sabre Dog (early version) for 6.99 instead of 17.99
and another 1/48 F-105G for a whopping 2.99 EUR (down from 17.99)  :party:

The girl at the counter looked somewhat puzzled. ;D Can't blame her!

Oh, also got a Trumpeter 1/144 Me 262A-1a form the local hobby shop.  ;D
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Green Dragon

Got a Hasegawa 1/72nd US Ground Equipment set from ebay today. Should be useful if I ever get round to doing a diorama.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

kitnut617

Sold one of my 1/72 TSR-2's but then in the mail today was a MPM 1/72 Ryan Fireball. This is for a swept wing variant I've been thinking about.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Martin H

a massive box with hornby on the sides arrived today addressed to my dad. This evening he handed it to me and said it was my birthday pressi, all be it a month early. the contents?

one Airfix Nimrod and one Airfix super constelation. both via the Airfix club shop according to the old man :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

oz rb fan

i was going to shrink my stash on the weekend but instead i came home with another tamiya j1n1 gekko  :cheers:

Aircav

At the LMS today and bought the following,

1/72 Revell Tigre
1/72 Academy Messerschmitt Bf-109
1/72 Revell P-51B Mustang

The Bf-109 and the Mustang to be part of my BoB build, Mustang may end up French  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

lancer

You should have said something Steve, I've got that P51B kit laying around doing nothing. It's been languishing in my draw for the last several years as I'm never going to build it. I've even got the decal s for it as it was a part of a Revell kit that had that and an ME262 in it. All I got it for was the 262's canopy!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Weaver

From ebay: 1/100th Model Hobby Kit F-15 and F-14. Cheap bits source principally: the F-14's canopy now means that I can do another swept-wing Magister, which will have it's u/c down this time since I now have Matchbox 2-piece G.91 wings to play with.... :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Radish

Via the postie...3 parcels ;D

From Hannants, 4 x Airfix 1/72nd Goslings :wub:
From Guagemaster...Dapol (ex-Airfix) Village Church...you'll not believe what this'll be :wacko:
From HMV...new Airbourne CD. :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Radish

Also two sets of Preiser 1/72nd figures....

"Passers-by, standing and walking" and "Tank Crew US Army 2000"...ideal for various gunboat, tank and Biggles dioramas.

Radish

It was rude to pass Hobbycraft, so I popped inside, and came away with:

2 x 1/72nd Italeri Hawk 100....might start one later!! :thumbsup:
1/72nd Italeri D.A.K.Infantry...when painted up they'll be super for the MTB "gunboat". :wub:
1/72nd Italeri Templar Knights....whooooohoooooo :wub:
2 x pairs of 10mm plastic knitting needles...the pointy bits make nice radomes, the rest makes nice tubing for holding battleships up in the air!!
1/35th Tamiya Panzer II Ausf.F/G
Some files, tools, you know...
An assortment of buttons, metal clips, etc., that'll provide lovely detail on strange battleship things ;D

Green Dragon

Two more kits arrived from ebay today.
Esci 1/72nd Douglas R4D-5 Antarctic Pioneer (my 2nd, might actually build one now!).
Italeri 1/72nd VH-71 Marine One.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

thedarkmaster

Got myself a new Airfix Hurricane today  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Army of One

Courtesy of tojo633 Airfix 1/72 Jaguar GR1,bargain!!
>Radish....out of interest,how much were the hawk 100's please?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!