My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Got a Revell 1/144 Westland Puma "Tiger Meet". At 3 EUR, I couldn't resist. No plans for it yet, though.

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 15, 2010, 02:04:53 AM
You do realise you are going to cause an artificial run on ship models don't you ? All the manufactureres will switch to ships and there will be hell to pay when they find out it's all going to the Staffs/Derby border  :wacko:

If that made someone release a new HMS Nelson or Rodney in 1/700 and 1/350 and a Zubr-class LCAC in, uh, 1/350, 1/144 or even 1/72, that'd be fine by me! :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 15, 2010, 02:04:53 AM
Quote from: Radish on April 15, 2010, 01:55:08 AM
2 x Airfix 1/600 Warspite
1 x HobbyBoss 1/700 Arizona
1 x Revell 1/720 Blucher

You do realise you are going to cause an artificial run on ship models don't you ? All the manufactureres will switch to ships and there will be hell to pay when they find out it's all going to the Staffs/Derby border  :wacko:

I'm waiting for them to start producing resin skis and PE wing sets personally....... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Radish

Well if the manufacturers are looking for boats to make there's lots of early RN battleships and battlecruisers, as well as French, German and Italian stuff as well. Same for Russia pre-1914. The early stuff looks great.
Ordered some decals from White Ensign following Thorvic's advice, and I have a substantial delivery on the way from Models For Sale.
Going to buy some more plastic boxes this afternoon to put the buggers in when built.
Need to go to the tip first to clear the debris from my modelling room and about 3 forests worth of cardboard. :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

thedarkmaster

Got a trumpetor 1.72 scale Wyvern s4 yesterday and an old Airfix Maruader in the local church sale today.
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Radish

From the excellent Models For Sale, virtually by return post....

1 x HobbyBoss 1/700 Arizona
1 x Revell 1/570 Prince of Wales.....another "Magenta Class" Rocky Horror Space ship...more flesh this time though.
1 x Revell 1/720th Prince Eugen
1 x Revell 1/720th Blucher....these are crude but perfect for spaceships
1 x Italeri 1/720th USS Rooseveldt...an aircraft carrier, to be built as an aircraft carrier ON THE SEA too :drink:
3 x Revell 1/240 HMS Cambletown Destroyers....space, aether screws...etc...

;D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Radish on April 16, 2010, 04:39:28 AM<...>
1 x Italeri 1/720th USS Rooseveldt...an aircraft carrier, to be built as an aircraft carrier ON THE SEA too :drink:
<...>

Yeah, but probably launching winged, space-going submarines, rubber-catapulted paragliding orks, anti-submarine pterodactyls or some such things.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Aircav

Called in at Chestermoor this morning with the intention of buying a 1/72 Tamiya Skyray and a 1/72 Revell Hunter but they only had the Skyray.....................so............I...........got the Skyray............and............a.........1/32 Revell Eurofighter, I've been told by a friend I've got to build the Eurofighter real but its lacking four things, the two inboard wing pylons, 1500ltr drop tanks, some ground attack weapons and a decent colour scheme so someone should hurry up and do a proper scheme other than grey or it'll end up a Whif.  ;D :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

proditor

Thanks to e-bay,

Fujimi 1/700 scale CV 2 USS Lexington.

Ah yes, the plans draw together now... :wacko:

GTX

Quote from: Thorvic on April 14, 2010, 09:30:17 AM
Quote from: proditor on April 14, 2010, 07:04:38 AM
Two 1/720 Revell Hindenburgs.  We have plans, oh yes, we have plans.... :wacko:

Madonna Spoof costume ? :thumbsup:

You're bad!!!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

proditor

Could have been worse, he could have suggested that it was an "overcoat" for John Holmes.  ;)

NARSES2

From the Big H via a man in a red van (actually on black trainers), ordered Tuesday arrived Saturday  ;D Plus the new website kept me up to date as to it's progress  :thumbsup:

AZ Model 1/72 Rogozarski IK-3 : Late production.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ChernayaAkula

Have been bad again.  :rolleyes:
Stopped by at a new LHS (lo and behold!) and noticed they were selling some second-hand kits for good prices. So I came home with...

one RoG 1/72 He 177A-5 Greif (with Fritz-X) - my fourth Greif. I figure this will be butchered for fuselage segments, turrets and ordnance for my He 177 Zwilling. For 10 bucks, ya can't complain.
They also sold some bagged Revell Star Wars Easy Kit Pockets for 0.50EUR a pop!  :o They're basically the kits in the factory-sealed bags with the instructions sello-taped onto the bags. Bargain! Got two X-Wings, two Vader TIEs and one Jedi Starfighter. The intention is to use the parts for some kit-bashed spacecraft.  :wacko: Get a hold of that! Bashed space-craft form space-craft parts. Forget the old trick of using left-over Tiger and Panther bits.

Also had to buy one of the Revell 1/32 ASK-21 gliders. Cost only a single EUR. Same business with the sealed bags, decals and instructions. A glider! What to do with that?  :huh:

From another shop, I got yet another RoG 1/144 TF-104G Starfighter. No plans either, but it was cheap.On the way home, I thought about bashing the F-104 Starfighter kit wit some parts of the X-Wing starfighter.
Cheers,
Moritz

nev

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 17, 2010, 06:19:29 AM
Bashed space-craft form space-craft parts. Forget the old trick of using left-over Tiger and Panther bits.

No no no, you need to build a tank from spare Star Wars parts :D
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Finally picked up that Italeri X-32 that's been looking at me for 5 years now. hey, you can't go wrong with 16 bucks ! Mind you, for another 10 I could of had the new Airfix Canberra. Next time....

It looks like a nice little kit, although I do have to call 'fromage' on only having one weapons bay and one set of weapons...what's up with that ?

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Hey wait a minute....does the X-32 only have one weapons bay ?

:banghead: :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?