My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: thedarkmaster on April 28, 2010, 12:28:23 PM
Got the Revell 1/72 Boeing 737 800 today the one with the Haribo sweets markings, not going to whiff this one as its too sweet (  ;D  ;D  ;D ) not too .

Are you sure this is 1/72 ? I can only find 1/144 ones on the Revell website
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Daryl J.

Hellcats!   Eduard Hellcats!    :wub: :wub: :wub:

Daryl J.

Green Dragon

Had another Hasegawa S-3A Viking delivered from ebay today, think that's 4 Has and 3 and a half Airfix now.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Cliffy B

Just ordered a Special Hobby 1/72 PV-2 Harpoon and some assorted decals and 1/700 PE for some ships.  Come on UPS man!  ;D
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

sideshowbob9

Quote from: Green Dragon on April 29, 2010, 02:16:06 PM
Had another Hasegawa S-3A Viking delivered from ebay today, think that's 4 Has and 3 and a half Airfix now.

Your gonna create a shortage you are!  :lol:

Just got a Frog Alize and I want to get some more and back-date them into Vulturs.

Also got a Monogram A-1E. This is going to become a UD-1J, a COD for the JMSDFs first carrier complete with T-56. Of course it's going to be a feral COD as all the hardpoints are going to remain wired in!  :wacko:

There's also an A-37 coming so I can make the proposed Bell X-14C.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on April 30, 2010, 03:16:36 AM
Quote from: Green Dragon on April 29, 2010, 02:16:06 PM

Your gonna create a shortage you are!  :lol:

not quite! i have one hase' S-3, three hase' US-3 and one airfix in the stash.
Keeper of George the Cat.

proditor

Matchbox 1/700 scale HMS Tiger (Because apparently I really NEEDED a 4th...)  :rolleyes:

Weaver

Quote from: Overkiller on April 30, 2010, 11:07:36 AM
: SAAF....no Greek

If you do a Greek one you should probably put a "For Sale" sign on it....... :wacko:;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Not exactly "stash" but, from ebay, 1/700th scale Takara Fuji Blimp, pre-painted and mostly assembled:

Gosh that picture makes it look big! It's actually only about 80mm long.

I mostly just bought it because it was cool, small and cheap (couple of quid), but a ship modeller could always paint it in different colours to use in a warship dio. Speaking of warships, there's pictures of 1/700th ships in the instructions and mention of Skywave/Pit Road, but unfortunately, I can't read the Japanese around them.

There are quite a few interesting things in the Takara 1/700th range including other airships, models relating to a Disaster movie about Japan sinking, and various editions of 747s, DC-10s An-124s, Tu-144s, Space shuttles and Burans. If ebay sellers are to be believed, these go out of production quite quickly and are collectable, so if you see one you fancy, grab it while it's cheap because you might not get another chance.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

frank2056

Quote from: Weaver on April 30, 2010, 12:31:57 PM
There are quite a few interesting things in the Takara 1/700th range including other airships, models relating to a Disaster movie about Japan sinking.

I think the Takara kits from that movie are out of production, but there's a Japanese supermarket not far from where I live that has (or had) a stack of them. You can't tell what's in the box, but so far I haven't been disappointed - I have the 1/700 blimp (flying over a realistic looking city scape in forced perspective) a 1/700 sea exploration ship with a 1/700 Alvin-style exploration sub, the 1/144 version of the same sub, a 1/2400 deep sea drilling ship and a 1/144 Chinook helicopter. I'm redoing the 1/700 ship, but the rest look fine, and they were relatively cheap.

Weaver

Quote from: frank2056 on April 30, 2010, 12:55:11 PM
Quote from: Weaver on April 30, 2010, 12:31:57 PM
There are quite a few interesting things in the Takara 1/700th range including other airships, models relating to a Disaster movie about Japan sinking.

I think the Takara kits from that movie are out of production, but there's a Japanese supermarket not far from where I live that has (or had) a stack of them. You can't tell what's in the box, but so far I haven't been disappointed - I have the 1/700 blimp (flying over a realistic looking city scape in forced perspective) a 1/700 sea exploration ship with a 1/700 Alvin-style exploration sub, the 1/144 version of the same sub, a 1/2400 deep sea drilling ship and a 1/144 Chinook helicopter. I'm redoing the 1/700 ship, but the rest look fine, and they were relatively cheap.

Ah, I see. The sellers on ebay must have bought a load and then opened them to find out what they are (mine was opened). Presumably collectors try to get complete sets, a bit like football cards....

- Indiana Jones

Green Dragon

They are called Gashapon in Japan Weaver, known as Trading Kits in the West and cover everything you can think of from Anime characters, animals, cars and planes to fake sushi! Some of the recent releases are 1/144th scale EH101's (including JMSDF standard and Arctic colours and I think an RAF Mk.3) and EC145's from F-Toys and S-3A's,  F/A-18C/D's and EA-6B's from J-Wings. Loads more 1/144th here (including a Wyvern). http://kampfgruppe144.blogspot.com/

The 1/700th mini subs are on ebay a lot.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

frank2056

I have a 1/144 Lancaster from either Takara or F-Toys that is really well done. If you buy a particular piece, then the seller opened the boxes to see what's inside. I've been lucky and have not gotten two of the same model.  As Paul mentioned, the range of subjects is staggering. The Japanese supermarket I go to has a wide range, although most seem to be anime related.

Green Dragon

There used to be a company that brought the sci fi related ones into the UK and had a spot on a shopping channel several years ago. Don't know if they are still around but they were selling stuff from Aliens ,Thunderbirds, Space 1999, UFO, X-Men, Batman etc. In Japan you can get a lot of them from vending machines. You can get loads of strange stuff in vending machines over there (including used underwear for some strange reason!).
F-Toys site. http://www.f-toys.net/
Cafe Reo site. http://www.cafereo.co.jp/index.htm
Takara Tomy site. Hard to navigate if you don't read Japanese but just start clicking stuff and you might find something interesting! http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

Shasper

Bagged a B-2 off of EB for the gf, will attempt to build as my left arm will allow
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.