My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

From Lucky Model:

Two HobbyBoss 1/72 Rafale B twin-seaters - absolutely gorgeous! :wub:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

pyro-manic

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 22, 2010, 02:47:52 AM
A Model Vampire Mk 1
A Model Vampire Mk 6

What's the verdict on these? Are they decent, and more importantly are they worth the asking price (ie twice as much as the very nice Heller kit)?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

Quote from: Thorvic on March 07, 2010, 01:25:57 AM
Quote from: Weaver on March 06, 2010, 07:08:12 PM
Went up to see Chrisonord this afternoon who took me to Transport Models in Preston (never been before) where, by a supreme effort of will, I managed to buy nothing at all, well, except for some paint. Damned impressive shop - cheers Chris!

On the way back however, I stopped off at the Modelzone in the Trafford Centre and ended up succumbing to a pair of Pegasus Jaguarundis: well they were only £3.00!

BTW Chris: they have the Trumpeter M113s in the sale at £4.00.

You should return the favour and take Chris to see F&S in Droylsden as they can have some unusal stock items when he's fit again to ride & model.

G

Finally got to go and see F&S this afternoon, as a reward for having worked a Saturday. Should NOT have gone in the car though.....

Revell 1/200th Zeppelin NT airship: cheaper and bigger than the Hindenburg, which matters because I'm scaleoramaring it into a larger scale.....

Speaking of which: HAT 1/72nd Gatling gun set ;)

PM 1/72nd Yak-15: because I need it's shape for something

Italeri 1/72nd YF-12A: you need a reason?  :wub:

Revell 1/72nd Lockheed Neptune for an excellent price because of a faded box  :thumbsup:

F and S is a thoroughly good little model shop with an amazing range of stock that seems to have something for everyone in a remarkably small space. I'd heartily recommend a visit to anyone who finds themselves in the area.

When I got home, the postal fairy had been:

from ebay, a dirt cheap triple sci-fi pack of models. Two from "Crusher Joe" (whatever the hell that is), comprising a 1/16th "Dongo" robot (cute), and a 1/144th "Fighter 1" and from Star Blazers, a "Paladin" destroyer (scale unspecified: about 4" long).

From a friend who's fella died recently: Tamiya 1/35th Carro Armato M13/40 and ford MUTT.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

pyro-manic

Ooh, cool. Crusher Joe is an excellent anime movie from 1983. There were a couple of OVA episodes made a few years later, but I heven't seen those.

NARSES2

Quote from: pyro-manic on May 22, 2010, 10:48:00 AM
A Model Vampire Mk 1
A Model Vampire Mk 6

What's the verdict on these? Are they decent, and more importantly are they worth the asking price (ie twice as much as the very nice Heller kit)?

They look ok. Some flash and the detail is a little soft. As to "are they worth the asking price". Thats a subjective question really. I'm happy with them, others would think they are to pricey.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: Thorvic on May 22, 2010, 01:44:19 AM
Quote from: Gondor on May 22, 2010, 01:38:23 AM
opps.... should have said that the SR-177 will be the USAF one with lovely eye burning Dayglow

Gondor

Try for a USAFE markings it you can as becomes much more plasuible  :thumbsup:.

Nice to see you going for Colin & Ali's stuff as excellent kits and excellent service, you;ll enjoy building them

Cheers

Going to do it the same as the profile as the Dayglow defiantly makes it eye catching also means that if could be used for an R&D display as well as a What-if display.

Washing the parts this evening so I can start assembly tomorrow.

Gondor
Geoff

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Howard of Effingham

at the RAF museum hendon model show earlier today....

heller SAAB lansen
airfix llyushin il-28
matchbox mosquito

freightdog's skybolt missile set for the vulcan and one of their post war spitfires decal sheets too.

all in all a very good show. plenty of people to talk with at the what if stand admiring the model's,
especially kitbasher's 64 sqn DH vixen and 25 sqn 'AW' nightfighter based on the gotha go-229 and
OGL's twin dakota.

trevor
Keeper of George the Cat.

chrisonord

This evening I had a trundle over to Thorvic's house and picked up a 1/72nd scale vacform Iliushin Mainstay, this will get it's fuselage widened, nose end made pointier so as to make a high speed armoured vehicle transporter for SHADO. Also picked up an airfix SA Bulldog, bo 105c, a Leoman SU-11, and a hobbycraft avro arrow all in 1/72nd...........which is nice.
Chris. 
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Martin H

Only three kits added to thye stash at the Hendon show.

all 72nd scale of course
Academy Hawker Tempest V.
Airfix Eurofighter EFA.
Mach 2 Convair XF-92.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

frank2056

Quote from: chrisonord on May 23, 2010, 12:37:03 PM
Leoman SU-11

You'll discover where the Matchbox mad trencher found work after MB went under!

The Wooksta!

Quote from: pyro-manic on May 22, 2010, 10:48:00 AM
A Model Vampire Mk 1
A Model Vampire Mk 6

Depends.  If you want an F1, then it's pretty much the only game in town unless you're prepared to pay double th price for a CMK kit.  The F6...  You've got to do some surgery. And if I'm paying £15 for a kit, I expect it to be what it says on the tin and not have to mess about cutting bits off.  I'd go for the Heller kit unless you want the F1.

Frankly, I don't think they're worth it because they're no real improvement over the Heller kit and in some respects, they've gone backward.  Have a look at the sprues before you buy.

Current acquisitions:
Hasegawa Spitfire HF.VII - hard to get hold of now, a purchase from one of the guys on Britmodeller.

At the Barnett show:
Frog Meteor F.4 - A proper Frog one, boxed but no decals (not bothered about that, plenty spare!) for the princely sum of £3!
Ventura Spitfire HF.VII - Knew I'd come away with at least one Spitfire...
Ludemann Blohm und Voss Bv 144 - Airliner project that saw two prototypes flown.  One of my Holy Grails for about 16 years since I had to pass on a very obscure German resin kit.  Now I have two kits!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

pyro-manic

Thanks Narses and Wooksta. Think I'll steer clear unless I find one at a very good price. :)

sideshowbob9

Just got a Magna Blackburn YB.1 in the post.  :wub:

kitbasher

At the Barnet show (Hendon) 1 x Airfix Bf109G (new version) won in a raflle, plus an Airfix 'Starter Kit' Sea Hawk FGA6.  Real world for the former, was going to whiff the latter but the decal sheet looks too nice not to use sensibly so at the moment also a real world build.  That said I have the perfect whif idea for it!  Maybe get another one for whiffing at some point.

Regarding the A Model Vampires, the one I looked at (an F1) seemed nice, even if a lot of the components looked like clones of the Heller/Airfix FB5.  Like Wooksta said, cheaper than the Czecmaster kit and the Marivox conversion (and also a lot better than the latter, I'd suggest).  Would get one if they were under a tenner.  Keen to see a review.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on May 24, 2010, 07:45:25 AM
Regarding the A Model Vampires, the one I looked at (an F1) seemed nice, even if a lot of the components looked like clones of the Heller/Airfix FB5.  Like Wooksta said, cheaper than the Czecmaster kit and the Marivox conversion (and also a lot better than the latter, I'd suggest).  Would get one if they were under a tenner.  Keen to see a review.
;D ;D

Definately better then the Marivox conversion
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.