My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

They've got a couple of those at one of my LHSs. Shame they're not my scale!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

JayBee

[/quote]

...its called "ONLINE ORDERING"....or does the heathen wilderness of Scotland not have postal services to deliver orders? :wacko:
[/quote]
Well you know, Duncan, we do, and a very efficient one it is too, except for things coming from South of the border (and I do not mean Mexico).
However that is not the point. When you are looking for something but do not know what it is, then nothing beats browsing in a good model shop. Mind you even that does not always work out.
Yesterday I went to my local model shop (35 miles each way by car, and you have to park the car (in the centre of Glasgow) and pay for it) but this time I was able to use my bus pass (save the world!).
The round trip took four hours out of my day, and of the six things that I was looking for I got one (a bottle of Alclad). Oh well!

However it was still fun, and that is what matters.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

chrisonord

Well there is one good thing about not driving there and back Jim :rolleyes:
You can stop by the pub for a debrief on your way home.
Works for me :lol:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on January 19, 2010, 06:55:19 AM
However that is not the point. When you are looking for something but do not know what it is, then nothing beats browsing in a good model shop.
Jim

Exactly Jim. I always pop into MZ when I'm in Croydon (also look at the Airfix stuff in Alders now) but I do miss the old Hannants at Colindale. I could browse in there for hours. They just got a room sorted out for all the resin kits and it closed  :banghead:

The new one is ok'ish but dosn't hold much of the non mainstream stock which is what I like.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McGreig

Quote from: JayBee on January 19, 2010, 06:55:19 AM
nothing beats browsing in a good model shop.

But I thought that we were talking about ModelZone??! :rolleyes:

(My local MZ is Bromley and the only positive thing that you can say about it is that it makes Croydon MZ look like Hannants >:()

Green Dragon

More from evil bay today, all 1/72nd.
Fujimi AV-8A Harrier
Fujimi Harrier GR.3
Fujimi SHar FRS.1
Hasegawa Aircraft Weapon Loading Set

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

lancer

Quote from: JayBee on January 18, 2010, 02:12:33 PM
I am totaly P***sed Off by you lot who have a Modelzone within 100 miles. :banghead:

JimB

So should I be telling you I have TWO within 25 miles of me then??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

lancer

Quote from: Radish on January 19, 2010, 01:12:55 AM
I'd heard of moleskin trousers but not squirrel jeans ;D

They come with added hazelnuts. Reminds me of the old advertising gingle for Topic bars - "What has a hazelnut in every bite" Naturally us young whipper swnappers never used to reply Topic, but Squirrel S**T instead. Now all that remains is to know if Chris is going to wear his squirrel genes to Milton Keynes??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Weaver

Quote from: pyro-manic on January 18, 2010, 01:24:22 PM
Also in the post today, a Revell HP Victor from the Modelzone sale, via the very helpful Weaver. :thumbsup: Also some 1:32 Cobra cockpit bits, for a planned mech scratchbuild.

And in exchange for the cockpit bits, I got a couple of 1/32nd Matra pods and a couple of 1/72nd Penguin missiles, which arrived today. Cheers Pyro!

Penguins are just on-stock because I've always liked them. The Matras will be seen if the Gerry Anderson GB ever comes to pass..... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

anthonyp

From ebay, an Anigrand 1/144 XB-70 (minus the bonus kits, but I got it for like half price!).
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

ChernayaAkula

Got another Tamiya 1/72 F4D-1 Skyray today. Will be in FAA colours.  :wub:

Also got a Tamiya 1/16 German WWII Infantryman in reversible winter uniform. I intend to build this one for the Let It Snow GB. His StG 44 will be fitted with a silencer and a Vampir night sight (scale-o-rama from Dragon night-fighting Panther?). Backstory is to be called "Der Tod trägt weiss" (Death wears white) and will be about the longest commando raid in history. Think "The Eagle has landed", but a little more ambitious, in winter and across a lot more water......
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

beowulf

some aftermarket decals...........FCM's sheet of Latin American insignia........... Arg/Venez/Peru/Colombia/Uruguay/Ecuador/Chile/Nicaragua....will come in very useful, in fact the Argie ones will get used on the current build to save me making some  ;D
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

nev

via Spruebrothers in the US, Platz 1/48 Raptor decals.

The grey USAF markings are exceedingly meh, but the large number of JASDF whiff markings are not :wacko:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Green Dragon

Got another from ebay today.
Hasegawa Mil24 Hind A  :wub: Have two now, might do this one as a mercenary chopper from the Black Lagoon anime series.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

noxioux

Just got 2 Amodel Yak-28's, a 28P and 28R.  I have to say that the Firebar is one of the sexiest, most overlooked cold war aircraft.  I really wish there was a mainstream 1/48 version. :cheers: