My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on January 12, 2010, 02:58:29 PM
From ebay:

MiniArt 1/16th 1st Cent.AD. Roman Legionary
MiniArt 1/16th XVII Cent. Netherlands Musketeer

I was looking at these boxes the other day - what's the detail like ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 13, 2010, 01:43:49 AM
Quote from: Weaver on January 12, 2010, 02:58:29 PM
From ebay:

MiniArt 1/16th 1st Cent.AD. Roman Legionary
MiniArt 1/16th XVII Cent. Netherlands Musketeer

I was looking at these boxes the other day - what's the detail like ?

Looks pretty good to me, but bear in mind that they're the first big figures I've ever bought, so I don't have much to compare them to. There's a bit of flash on minor fiddly parts, which will need careful cleaning up if your guy isn't to lose fingers....

If you go to MiniArt's website here: http://www.miniart-models.com// their catalogue has a clear picture of every sprue, which I found really helpful.

Review of one of their other kits. Seems pretty positive overall:  

http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/misc/figures/nixspartan.htm

Instructions are poor or non-existent (I noticed that too), so test-fit EVERYTHING before glueing!
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

From ebay: VEB Plasticart 1/100th Yak-24P helicopter (NATO ASCC: Horse), which is a whiff-in-a-box anyway because the civilian, tuboshaft-powered -P never actually got produced according to most sources.

This helo has a strikingly similar history to the Belevedere, except that it got produced in it's unsuccessful piston-engined version, and it struck me that it could perhaps pass, with modifications, as a 1/72nd "Belvedere II", the principal mod being a square-section replacement for the Belvedere's stupid egg-section fuselage.

In true VEB tradition, it's a bit "interesting" and has some truly alien pilots: pics later.;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Mossie

Forgot to mention a  few days back, Revell 1/72 P-38L/M from Monk Bar Models in York.

Wow, silver sprue, brought back flashbacks of VEB Plasticart kits!  It seems like one of those old kits that was maybe seen as a wonder kit at the time with engines are supplied & attempts at detailing but now looks pretty tired.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on January 13, 2010, 02:48:09 AM
Looks pretty good to me, but bear in mind that they're the first big figures I've ever bought, so I don't have much to compare them to. There's a bit of flash on minor fiddly parts, which will need careful cleaning up if your guy isn't to lose fingers....

If you go to MiniArt's website here: http://www.miniart-models.com// their catalogue has a clear picture of every sprue, which I found really helpful.

Review of one of their other kits. Seems pretty positive overall:  

http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/misc/figures/nixspartan.htm

Instructions are poor or non-existent (I noticed that too), so test-fit EVERYTHING before glueing!

Thanks I'll investigate a couple.

Had a small delivery from the BIG H

Couple of Eduard masks.

Quickboost resin exhausts for the Airfix PR19. Stunning addition to the kit, and excellent price. Noticable that the new Airfix stuff is attracting the likes of Eduard and Aires (Quickboost) to offer the additions they offer for other manufacturers. Good sign I think  :thumbsup:

Begemont transfer sheet for Soviet Pe-2/Pe-3 dive bombers. 21 options, some nice personal markings - including a "mole ? holding a bomb - and some interesting "3D type" red stars on one machine all for a good price.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Green Dragon

From ebay today.

Hasegawa S-3A Viking (poss converting to a Greyhound replacement COD)
Now have two Hase S-3's and two and a half Airfix S-3's so can start building and still have some in the stash.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

thedarkmaster

today i got

a revell Tu22 Blinder and an Airfix 1/144 Trident  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

chrisonord

Today arrived a large box full of dead model aeroplanes and some bits and bobs/weapons etc. A lot of the aircraft are beyond repair but I am sure will become honourable parts donors. Most are ww2 era, with the odd sabre and mig 21 thrown in and some Harrier GR7 bits. I would say that there was 14ish aircraft in all and a load of bits, all for the price of postage.I probably won't be using a lot of the ww2 stuff so if anyone is in need of bits give me a shout and I will send you a list of what there is.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

ChernayaAkula

Couldn't resist and bought a 1/48 RoG/Hasegawa Harrier Gr.7/9 today. I reckon it'll be Israeli. :rolleyes: Got a cool background story in my head.  :wacko: Think long (very long) range strike from an Op Corporate Atlantic Conveyor-style Harrier "carrier".

Quote from: thedarkmaster on January 14, 2010, 06:32:06 AMtoday i got
a revell Tu22 Blinder and an Airfix 1/144 Trident  ;D  ;D

Looking forward to what you'll do that Blinder!  :o
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

Airfix 1/600 HMS Fearless from Monk Bar Models in York.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on January 15, 2010, 08:05:53 AM
Couldn't resist and bought a 1/48 RoG/Hasegawa Harrier Gr.7/9 today. I reckon it'll be Israeli. :rolleyes: Got a cool background story in my head.  :wacko: Think long (very long) range strike from an Op Corporate Atlantic Conveyor-style Harrier "carrier".

By Aeroplanedriver (where's he been lately btw?)

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,12188.0/highlight,harrier.html
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Steel Penguin

if that hasa  harrier is the one i did, watch out when you attach the nose/pit sub assembly to the body, i had nightmares, it dry fitted when i tryed with the 3 aseblys ( nose/pit, body, wing) put the wing on the body, and then had to carve chuncks off the nose tab to get it together.  that one kits made me very wary of hasa.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

ChernayaAkula

Aeroplanedriver's Harrier was actually my inspiration, proving that a Harrier will look great in Israeli camo. I believe I saw it on ARC before. The name Cherev sounds familiar.

Quote from: Steel Penguin on January 15, 2010, 02:16:53 PM
if that hasa  harrier is the one i did, watch out when you attach the nose/pit sub assembly to the body, i had nightmares, it dry fitted when i tryed with the 3 aseblys ( nose/pit, body, wing) put the wing on the body, and then had to carve chuncks off the nose tab to get it together.  that one kits made me very wary of hasa.

Heard about that as well. I think the nose/fuselage fit is down to the special nature of the Harrier and the way Hasegawa wants you to go about it. I've read that deviating from the instructions and assembling the parts in a different order will make things much easier.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Steel Penguin

thats probably the best thing to do,
i think ( after much choping and swearing, if i remember corectly), is get the sub assemblys done but put the nose/pit sub onto the body sub, then while theres still a tiny bit of flex in the joint, wack on the wing sub.  ( can you tell i mainly make these kits for wargaming?)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Weaver

From ebay: two packs of 2 x 1/100th Plastruct ladders: various projects.

- Indiana Jones