My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

I just got the Heller 1/400 Surcouf sub - it was under $9 and looks very, very nice.  I don't know what the French were putting in their coffee in the between the wars period, but they really had some unusual aircraft, sub, ship and tank designs!

I also got a Trumpeter 1/700 SS John W. Brown Liberty Ship and several sets of Warrior resin heads (they were $3ea).

Scooterman

Via OGL and BdB, Pegsus XP-40Q.  Hehe can't wait to start this one......... :ph34r:

Weaver

From Freightdog: the Silver Cloud Hunter P.1109B and P.1083 resin conversion sets. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Lovely piece of work - cheers Colin!
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Green Dragon

Just had another delivery from the bay.
Esci/Ertl DC-3 Aeroflot/American Airlines and Lufthansa (Pristine condition kit!  :wub: )
2 X Italeri RAH-66 Commanche from Angel Cottage Supplies via ebay (might do a quickie build to enter the Let It Snow GB if I can get my modelling mojo back.)

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

thedarkmaster

Got a Saunders Roe SR A/1    vacform.  The Empire needs its Jet fighters at sea  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Dork the kit slayer

Just picked these up from "The Range". 10 good nylon brushes for £7...........................cant be bad.

Think Ill post this up on "tools" as well :thumbsup:

Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

thedarkmaster

A " friend " has got me a 1/72 B52  ;D  ;D  ;D just got to smuggle it past the wife so i can say " I've had this ages " when she spots it  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: thedarkmaster on January 21, 2010, 07:32:20 AM

A " friend " has got me a 1/72 B52  ;D  ;D  ;D just got to smuggle it past the wife so i can say " I've had this ages " when she spots it  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Oh the tangled webs we weave.............................................smuggle a B52? very ambitious
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

pyro-manic

Good luck with that, Tim - I got my arse kicked over the Victor the other day....
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Radish

Popped into the nice Modelzone with those nice people in Derby this morning. They don't sell nipple tassels, but they provided me with:

1 x 1/570th Tirpitz....to be another space cruiser...or....a Battleship from an ice planet on skis.
1 x 1/380th Hawaiin Pilot Freighter....to be converted to a horrid little jobbie from "Biggles in Spain".

I also picked up some copper things/joints from Wilkos...useful for battleships on speed :drink:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

proditor

Via Evil-Bay:

1/700 Trumpeter USS Theodore Roosevelt (For pocket change.  I couldn't resist)

nev

Quote from: Radish on January 21, 2010, 09:26:18 AM
1 x 1/570th Tirpitz....to be another space cruiser...or....a Battleship from an ice planet on skis.
1 x 1/380th Hawaiin Pilot Freighter....to be converted to a horrid little jobbie from "Biggles in Spain".

Do it!!!  Do it!! Dooooo it!!!  Nazi conquest of planet Neptune. 

From the Romans :wacko:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

kitnut617

After seeing Execuform have a 1/72 Hughes Hercules which will be bought sometime soon, I remembered that Anigrand did some resin engine nacelles and props for the HeavyKit Spruce Goose.  An email to Arnold a few days ago revealed he had one set left so I bought it.

Also, in Aviation Megastore's Newsletter today, they had an Airways 1/72 VC-10 C1/K2 listed, so I bought that too.  At least I think I did as I won't know for a day or so if someone beat me to it.  I've been after one of these for about twenty years.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

bluedonkey99

Quote from: thedarkmaster on January 21, 2010, 07:32:20 AM

Cant you use the same tunnel the Mrs uses to get those shoes into the back of the cupboard/closet !? or, are  your still looking for the tunnel?
(hint: be wary of the the "do you want to come over to my mothers with me, or will you be off to the pub for a quick pint?" trick!!)  :cheers:

thedarkmaster

well i can use my new excuse.........the Modelzone Price ticket gun ........ie was £49.99   now £ 4.99 she will even thank me for not spending so much.  ;D  ;D  ;D

I can possibly offer this service to other " Married 2 modellers if required  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko: