My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

I got another Italeri Hawk 100 and a Revell Mirage F1C that was £4.99 down from £10.99..............and the two Harrier kits turned up as part of my Airfix kit stuff for joining the club.
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

lancer

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on January 21, 2010, 08:25:57 AM
Quote from: thedarkmaster on January 21, 2010, 07:32:20 AM

A " friend " has got me a 1/72 B52  ;D  ;D  ;D just got to smuggle it past the wife so i can say " I've had this ages " when she spots it  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Oh the tangled webs we weave.............................................smuggle a B52? very ambitious

That's something us singleton's don't have to worry about - no one to nag over vmodel purchases
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

frank2056

Quote from: lancer on January 21, 2010, 01:48:52 PM
That's something us singleton's don't have to worry about - no one to nag over vmodel purchases

My wife likes it when I buy models - that way her yarn collection doesn't seem quite as big. At least I have easy access to knitting needles and yarn.

NARSES2

Quote from: thedarkmaster on January 21, 2010, 01:26:22 PM

well i can use my new excuse.........the Modelzone Price ticket gun ........ie was £49.99   now £ 4.99 she will even thank me for not spending so much.  ;D  ;D  ;D

I can possibly offer this service to other " Married 2 modellers if required  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

You could make a fortune with that  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 22, 2010, 12:32:27 AM
Quote from: thedarkmaster on January 21, 2010, 01:26:22 PM

well i can use my new excuse.........the Modelzone Price ticket gun ........ie was £49.99   now £ 4.99 she will even thank me for not spending so much.  ;D  ;D  ;D

I can possibly offer this service to other " Married 2 modellers if required  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

You could make a fortune with that  ;D

So does that make him the "Fixer" then ?  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

chrisonord

Both myself and my neighbour buy all our (Known about) goods in wife pounds ;D
The exchange rate is always good when the groupenfuherer asks you how much something costs, you simply divide the actual price by the number of wife pounds you think is suitable, then half it again :cheers:
How good is that  :rolleyes: But saying that, most of my stuff is acquired whilst she is at work........which is nice :party:

Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Mossie

Revell 1/72 Hawker Hurricane IIC from Monkbar Models in York.  Bought it for it's bits, but it's a much nicer model than I expected thought it was an old sixties/seventies tooling.  Not sure how to whiff it, although I've got some resin Napier Daggers (real world Battle of Britain project to ease pressure on Merlin production) kindly passed on to me.  Might just do it real world.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

Well the Airways VC-10 I just got was a bit expensive, and as things are a bit tight I did ask the missus if it was alright to buy it, I did lay it on a bit thick like it's been OOP since the Ark grounded, and you 'neeverrrr' see them come up on eBay and I've been after one of them since before I was born ----- she did agree to it but with a condition --- I have to do ten sit-ups for every dollar ---- (which nearly killed the deal).  But I did want it very much so maybe I'll pull a back muscle while doing the first three sit ups will get me out of that   :lol:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Aircav

Just been to Chestermoor and picked up a 1/35 AFV Club Sd.Kfz.251/20 Ausf.D UHU, the German halftrack with the chuffing big IR searchlight and I'm just wondering how it would look on a E100  ;D

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

ChernayaAkula

Got a 1/72 Dragon Jagdtiger at the LHS today. Originally went there for a 1/72 King Tiger, but after me procrastinating for years, someone else finally bought it. Arghh, now that I made up my mind.  :banghead: Had I gone there for the Jagdtiger, I bet that one would have been sold a couple of days before. :rolleyes:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Green Dragon

Got two more S-3's today, one Hasegawa US-3A COD (Beautiful condition kit  :wub: )and one Airfix S-3A with some extra decals included. That makes three Hasegawa's and three and a half Airfix I think, more than enough to play with!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

chrisonord

Today arrived a kit from Poland, for not a lot of money either :thumbsup:
The kit is made by ZTS of Poland and is a Mig-21SM/MF Fishbed J/K. The kit is fairly basic and by the looks of it there is some issues with fuselage line up, and the wings have got dents in the upper surfaces, that will need careful filling. Unless I leave them as is and make the plane look a bit bedragled :wacko:
It is ok for the money though, have a look here at their stuff http://www.modelarstwo.net.pl/index.html
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

upnorth

I just picked up AZ Models' recently released 1/72 Avia B.534 biplane fighter kit.

It's quite nice and full styrene, no resin or PE to be found.

I figure this could go all sorts of ways in the WHIFF world.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

NARSES2

Quote from: upnorth on January 22, 2010, 12:56:54 PM
I just picked up AZ Models' recently released 1/72 Avia B.534 biplane fighter kit.

Saw the preview the other day in SAMI - looking forward to it  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Quote from: upnorth on January 22, 2010, 12:56:54 PM

It's quite nice and full styrene, no resin or PE to be found.

I figure this could go all sorts of ways in the WHIFF world.

The missing Hawker project  ;D

Sir Sydney Camm