My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

Got a pile of goodies in the post from Bungle today:

Sutcliffe Tu-14 Bosun vacform - will be People's Republic of Yemen AF, and will be an infamous machine, credited with destroying HMS Hermes at the beginning of the Arabian war. More on this to come... :wacko:
Frog Fokker D.21 - No idea as yet, but I had thought of New Amsterdam Air Militia?
Frog De Havilland Hornet - not sure yet, but it's a gorgeous machine. :wub:
Matchbox Hawker Tempest - probably another of Jorel's USAAF Tempests.
Airfix Lightning F.3 - to be bashed into a "super Lightning", with a delta wing, new nose with chin intake, new landing gear, etc.
MPC Beagle Basset - don't know, but I had to have it!
Heller T-6G - don't know. Something African maybe.

An excellent deal from Bungle. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Radish

From Big H...only took a week :o

2x HobbyBoss 1/700 "Arizona" Battleship.....one will be "flying", the other possibly a RN Battleship from the Spanish Civil War...Neutrality stripes, etc...

2 x Airfix 1/72nd Hannover biplanes...Biggles calls again, you see!! :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

nev

Quote from: Radish on February 10, 2010, 10:02:12 AM
2x HobbyBoss 1/700 "Arizona" Battleship.....one will be "flying", the other possibly a RN Battleship from the Spanish Civil War...Neutrality stripes, etc...

Reading the very interesting "Naval War in the Mediterranean" I was very surprised to learn how often the likes of Britain were involved in real action involving explosions during the SCW.  Easy to see how it could have escalated...
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on February 09, 2010, 10:09:33 AM
Another ( :rolleyes: ) Hobby Boss 1/72 Rafale C - no plans yet for this one.

You know, I haven't seen hide nor hair of that kit in my neck of the woods, and I really want a couple of them dammit!!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

thedarkmaster

Got an old Novo DH Hornet and a Revell f4 Corsair
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Aircav

Something new for my helicopter parts collection, a main rotor blade grip from a Bell 47 Sioux, its been scrapped because of a crack thats stating on the threads where the adaptor screws in that retains the main hub yoke bearing.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

thedarkmaster

Was GIVEN today  ;D  ;D  ;D

Airfix Red arrows hawk ( the old one )
Matchbox Red Arrows Gnat
Revell F16a dated 1976 on box
Matchbox Saab Tunnan
PM Canadair F86e
Airfix Bloodhound
Airfix BAC1-11 with resin fueselage extensions
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

pyro-manic

It's my birthday today, and I have been given, among other things, a Beaufighter TF.X and a Consolidated Privateer, both 1:72 by Revell.

Radish

Hapy Birthday, dude!!

for moi,

Revell 1/535th USS Missouri....of massive "Intergalactic Space Battleship" proportions.
Revell 1/570th HMS Prince of Wales.....possible spaceship
Revell 1/720th Prince Eugen.....German Air Fleet
2 x 1/700th HobbyBoss "Arizona"....for the stash
1 x Mirage 1/400th WW1 Torpedo boat.....ski-equipped gunship.

2 x PM Model 1/72nd Horten Go-229 Nightfighters....for conversion to a drone in one case.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

JJC

just received my 1/32 revell tornado ECR, but unfortunatley the instructions are for kit 04705 and not for 04718, and even the instructions included are in-complete (painting/decalling and front cover), complaints on the way!

just fro the record, does anyone know if you can build a Gr.1 from this kit? as been as i have the instructions...  :smiley: :wacko:
KEEP THE VULCAN FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NARSES2

Happy Birthday Alun  :drink:

Local MZ purchases both 1/72 :

Airfix Boston. For my AVG Bomber Group build. Will be a slow job as I want to work on my scratch building skills (or lack of) and try and sort an interior for it.

Revell (Matchbox) Beaufighter TFX. Want the engines for another build. She may get two sabres left over from Matchbox Tempests  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

pyro-manic

Thankyou gentlemen. Much appreciated. :cheers:

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!