My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Another just arrived from ebay via our Postie.
Heller 1/72nd JA37 JaktViggen. Think I have three AJ versions around the stash so I might try grafting on a two seat Hornet cockpit (or an Eagle?) on one of them.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Mossie

The Red Van Man brought me some too which was a bit of a surprise.

Tamiya Display Case & Rising Decals 1/72 Swiss Emils; Bf 109 in Swiss service.  Why was I surprised?  I ordered them from Hannants before Christmas!!!
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Radish

The Hawks were £4.95 each I think.

Via the postie.....

HobbyBoss 1/350th Italian Cruiser "Pola"...looks a fairly simple build and at only £11 a bargain....great as an Italian Spaceship ;D
Revell 1/570th "Prince of Wales"....another spaceship!! Different colours (and details!) to the current build on the back burner.
4 x Airfix 1/72nd Grumman Widgeon/Goslings...so I've NINE now. Enough, I think! ;D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

Bumper day today!

From ebay:

1. pack of 1/32nd weapons, almost certainly from a Hunter. Got these mainly for the Matra pods, which will be scaleorama'd into a Gerry Anderson build if that GB ever comes off, but the rest of them (4 x tanks, two Mavericks and a pair of Swiss Sabrinas) present all sorts of scaleorama possibilities too.... :wub:

2. Airfix 1/76th LTV-4 Buffalo. To probably be a 1/144th or 15mm sci-fi exploration crawler along the lines of some paintings by Fred Gambino in the old TTA Spacewreck book. Bonus: it comes with a pedestal mount 20mm cannon.... :wacko:

Then:

Went to the LHS for some Evergreen and paint, and noticed a 2nd hand Matchbox Comet tank on the shelf. On closer inspection though, I could see a Stuart turret though the window on the back! Took it to the counter and pointed it out to them (they're good guys so I wouldn't try to con them), and it turned out to contain a complete Comet AND a complete Stuart, with only their diorama bases snapped off and missing to get them in the one box. Asked how much for the pair and and was told that for being straight, I could have them both for the £5.99 ticket price - RESULT!

:thumbsup: :cheers: :drink: :party:

Thank heavens for sharp eyesight, decent shop owners and windows in Matchbox boxes eh?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Radish

1/350th Alanger Russian Battleship "St.Somethingorother"...used to be "Potemkin". Ideal from an airship-battleship viewpoint ;D
A pink wavy hair wig. ;D

Happy Eoster.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Just back from Southern Expo with :

All 1/72

AZ Models Supermarine Seafang F.32. Special boxing FAA, RAN and Spanish. Will need the same "fix" as the Spitefuls.
Valom Bristol Buckingham
Special Hobby Wirraway
Special Hobby Westland Whirlwind Fighter
Special Hobby Westland Whirlwind Fighter Bomber

Show Special Transfer sheet in aid of the local hospice. "Hornchurch v The Luftwaffe" - 7 Spitfire Mk I's, 3 Me 109 E's and a He III all with links to Hornchurch AF in the Battle of Britain

I got the kits at a very good price  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Popped into Chestermoor this afternoon and got a Airfix 1/72 Henschel 123 for my BoB build.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

pyro-manic

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 20, 2010, 07:14:13 AM
Just back from Southern Expo with :

All 1/72

AZ Models Supermarine Seafang F.32. Special boxing FAA, RAN and Spanish. Will need the same "fix" as the Spitefuls.
Valom Bristol Buckingham
Special Hobby Wirraway
Special Hobby Westland Whirlwind Fighter
Special Hobby Westland Whirlwind Fighter Bomber

Show Special Transfer sheet in aid of the local hospice. "Hornchurch v The Luftwaffe" - 7 Spitfire Mk I's, 3 Me 109 E's and a He III all with links to Hornchurch AF in the Battle of Britain

I got the kits at a very good price  :rolleyes:

Ooh, nice - how do the Whirlwinds look? I'm tempted, but they're so expensive. :( And the Airfix one is pretty good already, and costs less even with the Airwaves PE to tart it up...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Aircav

Just "won" a 1/72 Hasegawa Kawanishi E7K1 Alf with catapult on EB which will come in handy for my Henschel  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

sotoolslinger

Super cool Ultraman Whiff fodder ;D :wub: :thumbsup: :party:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

NARSES2

Quote from: pyro-manic on March 20, 2010, 11:33:53 AM

Ooh, nice - how do the Whirlwinds look? I'm tempted, but they're so expensive. :( And the Airfix one is pretty good already, and costs less even with the Airwaves PE to tart it up...

They look very nice Pyro. The 2 plastic sprues are well detailed and clean, and there is some etched and a fair bit of resin. The undercarriage looks a little fiddly, but then the Whirlwind's was. Most of the brass is for the cockpit so it's up to you how much you use. There are 4 very similar schemes but then there were only 2 squadrons. The fin bullet red/white checks and red/blue/white markings on 2 of them are included as transfers. It looks better then the Pavla one which is very fiddly.

As you say they are expensive, but it's one of my favourite aircraft so I indulged  ;D Why do the Czechs bring out all of my favourites in one month ?  :banghead:

As you say the Airfix kit is still nice and builds well. I'll be keeping most of mine for WIF fodder (SEAC anybody ?)  ;D

It's just nice to be around with all this stuff coming out  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: sotoolslinger on March 20, 2010, 06:03:26 PM

Way-****in'-hey! Nice one Ron - never heard of that...... :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

frank2056

Quote from: sotoolslinger on March 20, 2010, 06:03:26 PM

They look like perfect Ron Whiffing fodder. Actually, they look like what I would imagine you would have made if you had been a Japanese SF model maker in the 60s....

sotoolslinger

Yeah I am really droolin over these. I went into a cool hobby shop in El Paso and these were there  :o 15 bucks a piece ;D :wub: :thumbsup: and they're big :party:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland