My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJC

went to NAM today and came out with a 1/48 academy mig-29 in ukranian demo colours - beautiful! :wub:

also saw some very interesting wind test models, one of the twin-boom ASTOVL HS P1216 and the other was what seemed to be a stealth aircraft, the staff didn't know any info on the plane and said the man who donated them wished to remain anonymous- :banghead:

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz313/JJCvulcan/newark6-4-10031.jpg - link to stealth plane :thumbsup:
and the others:
http://s839.photobucket.com/albums/zz313/JJCvulcan/AAC%20apache%20april%207%202010/
KEEP THE VULCAN FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pyro-manic

Interesting! An early part of the Replica project or the BAE submission for the JSF competition, perhaps?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

Cheapies off ebay:

Another 1/170th Heller Noratlas
Another JB M113 ACAV
Another M113 Fire Support
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Shasper

While waiting for a local restaurant to open up I took my gf to Hobby Lobby for an "educational experience" & ended up walking away with a Revell Easykit P-51D . . . Was gonna try to re-finish it for this wkn's Baton Rouge show but it's not going to happen.

Now I need to find a B-2 . . . She's fascinated with the wing ;)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Radish

Well then....all from Revell...

2 x 1/570th "Prince of Wales"
2 x 1/720th "Prinz Eugen"...not the greatest of kits, but ideal as Space Cruisers. They're also waterline OR full hull, so it'll be easier to add depth to the hulls to create ??????? Could be Cruisers in the Leviathon scenario of airborne ships, but might, just might, do one on the sea....shock horror....but NOT as intended!! STILL a whiff. :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

thedarkmaster

via the red van man a Heller Mirage IVA, going to anti flash white.........but not British or commonwealth for my Empire twighlight thread.

An Airfix Female tank........going to be Her Majesties land ironclad Vulcan, circa 1879  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

pyro-manic

From the LHS this morning, a Revell (Matchbox?) UC-64A Norseman. The floats are going on a Swordfish, not sure about the rest of it!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

chrisonord

Quote from: pyro-manic on April 08, 2010, 04:05:47 AM
From the LHS this morning, a Revell (Matchbox?) UC-64A Norseman. The floats are going on a Swordfish, not sure about the rest of it!
How about a turbo Norseman? Tricycle landing gear, could be a para drop plane or insertion/extraction special ops bird??
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Airfix WWI Female tank from the Hornby concession in my local departmental store plus Humbrol 121, seatbelts have to be painted  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

picked up in Brugges this morning:

1/144 Revell SU-47 Berkut
1/144 Revell Kfir C7
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Revell Sikorsky Skycrane. I'm thinking an offshore supply chopper. Maybe orange as an Irving type or baby blue as a Maersk. Then again, she may be white and blue as a new style  Cougar heli or the old-school red/blue. Or all red as a Bond....who knows.

The pod will be modified to ferry workers and eq. It will be dropped off at the rig and then the chopper can be used to move loads from ship to rig vice/versa that are otherwise to long/large/odd for the regular cranes.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

From the bay of evil: Hales Eidai 1/72nd Cessna 337 Super Skymaster. Destined to one of a pair of Reddish Revolutionary Raiders in a Dogfight Triple with an Avro Atom, one of these years....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

To reinvigorate my acquisition-jitsu, today I bought...
a 1/144 Trumpeter F-22A Raptor - will be Japanese (it'd be rude not to).
a 1/72 Heller Mirage 5BA - no idea for this one, but you can't ever have too many Mirages.  :wub:
and a 1/72 Academy M977 8x8 HEMMT - will be a coastal defence anti-shipping unit, with a multiple (4/6/8???) launcher for Harpoons and a radar cab. Inspired by these giant Soviet coastal defence monsters - SSC-3 Styx/4K51 Rubezh.

So, now that the acquisition-jitsu has be taken care of, what to do about the building-fu? :banghead:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 09, 2010, 12:56:47 PM
Revell Sikorsky Skycrane. I'm thinking an offshore supply chopper. Maybe orange as an Irving type or baby blue as a Maersk. Then again, she may be white and blue as a new style  Cougar heli or the old-school red/blue. Or all red as a Bond....who knows.

The pod will be modified to ferry workers and eq. It will be dropped off at the rig and then the chopper can be used to move loads from ship to rig vice/versa that are otherwise to long/large/odd for the regular cranes.

:thumbsup:

Got one of those myself Todd.

I've always wondered why they don't use them for off-shore oil rig supply in real life, considering they're designed to pick up a Sea-Can.  Here's a question, are there any kits of Sea-Cans ? HO/OO scale maybe ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

I have one too, I bought it about 15 years ago from a model shop in St Helier Jersey, mine is going to be a US Marine helo, and the pod is going to be a command and radio station, so I will fit it out before sticking it all together.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!