My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Quote from: kitnut617 on April 10, 2010, 02:56:46 PM
I've always wondered why they don't use them for off-shore oil rig supply in real life, considering they're designed to pick up a Sea-Can.  Here's a question, are there any kits of Sea-Cans ? HO/OO scale maybe ?

Here you go Robert, Knightwing International do some 20' & 40' containers.  They do Portakabins too (in the buildings section), which might make interesting cargo & are the same size.
http://www.knightwing.co.uk/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?product=OO-HO_Road_Transport_Kits&cart_id=1270941740.230
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

Thanks for that Simon, just what I was looking for.

Mind you I could have measure a real one I have in my yard  and scaled it  :lol:  you can just make it out here next to my garage
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Weaver

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 09, 2010, 12:56:47 PM
Revell Sikorsky Skycrane. I'm thinking an offshore supply chopper. Maybe orange as an Irving type or baby blue as a Maersk. Then again, she may be white and blue as a new style  Cougar heli or the old-school red/blue. Or all red as a Bond....who knows.

The pod will be modified to ferry workers and eq. It will be dropped off at the rig and then the chopper can be used to move loads from ship to rig vice/versa that are otherwise to long/large/odd for the regular cranes.

:thumbsup:

And me - well the 1/100th version at least. It's going to be scaleorama'd to 1/72nd with a Eurocopter-style cabin, while the original cabin will be going on the front of a Yak-24 to make a 2nd generation Belvedere....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

A revamped, modern-look Skycrane? Neat idea! :thumbsup: Should make a good-looking chopper!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Nick

I did a little Google search for cargo containers and found this scenario..

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=184190  It's the first link you want to look at.

NARSES2

At the Shropshire show just a solitary buy... Unicraft Gruman G.71. Early Gruman jet fighter project in which you can still see the Bearcat and also the Panther to come. Part of my Operation Olympic build.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

from the shropshire show at cosford.

Italeri B-57B Canberra.
Unicraft Hawker HS1127 HSH.
Unicraft Mitsubishi J4M Senden.
Silvercloud TSR-2 Skybolt set.
Silvercloud Vulcan Skybolt set.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Steel Penguin

from cosford
silvercloud vulcan skybolt set.
hasa us wepons sets A and C ( winders and stuff for TSRs)
trumpy 1:35 S tank
anouther 1:48 airfix tornado
grenadier adventures ( 3, 28mm wargaming types, 1 looks like indy, 1 like indy. )

and collected the compressor Chris had kindly offerd me.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Radish

From Cossie, met Steel Penguin at last.....

plus....all boats....

2 x Revell 1/350th SMS Emden....think a space cruiser AND an aerial aether-powered cruiser :party:
1 x Revell 1/72nd Vosper MTB
1 x HobbyBoss 1/700th USS Arizona
1 x Airfix 1/600th HMS Warspite

plus some plastic strip, and an Osprey on British Motor Gunboats.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

philp

Out yesterday looking for engines for my T-34T Twin Mentor when I noticed this ESCI/ERTL F27 Friendship.  Have been trying to find the military version for a while as I think it is better detailed than the Airfix version and easier to make.  So, figured what the heck, it was from someone's old collection that the store was selling so looked at the price.  $5.00.  Ok, can't pass that up.  Even the Manager was surprised but I got it for that price.

Still not having much luck on my engines though.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Aircav

Back from the Cosford show with the following,

1/72 Silvercloud Skybolt Vulcan conversion set
1/48 AlleyCat Canberra T.17 conversion
1/48 AlleyCat Canberra TT.18 conversion
1/72 Brengun BMG-109 Tomahawk missile
1/72 Esci DC-3 which came with Modeldecal set No 79 (RAE version Dak)
1/48 Hasegawa AH-64D Apache, JGSDF
1/144 Liveries Unlimited Egypt Air 777 decals

Had a great time, thanks chaps.  :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mike Wren

from my flying visit to Cosford... a set of lovely Vulcan Skybolts from Freightdog

Howard of Effingham

at cosford yesterday........

1/72 airfix 'hi-tech' F-15
1/72 airfix 'hi-tech' MiG-29
1/72 esci F-15 boxing with ASAT missile
1/72 heller Mirage IVA
1/72 italeri RF-18 hornet

various resin bits from the aviation workshop [brimstone missiles and launchers for the  :tornado: , jaguar IM radar nose,
buccaneer recce pack, red beard TMB and insert for buccaneer,  :tornado: GR4/4A conversion]

also stocked up from the 'no old rivet counters' stand LOTS of pots of humbrol authentics.

nice to see the gang, but missed steel penguin and mike wren. sp's TSR2 with bloodhound highly dubious!  ;D :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.

nev

Quote from: Aircav on April 11, 2010, 02:17:40 PM

Oh, so it was YOU who cleared them out of Canberra conversions was it?  :banghead:  Not that I had the cash for one after IHG let me down... :wacko:

I came back with

1/72 Italeri V-22 Osprey (via Falcon).  This will of course be JSDF based upon Mav's profiles...
1/35 Miniart "German artillery riders".  Sat in tired poses, they will make great POWs whilst allied armour rolls past :tank:

And the piece de restistance - knocked down from £30 to £20

Dragon 1/35 Panzer IV Ausf C.  Turned aluminium barrel, 2 brass rounds, 3 etched sheets and a bazillion wonderfully detailed parts.  This is from the days when DML kits were good value - at £30 it would be excellent value for money, at 20 its a bargain!

Yes, it has individual track links, but at least they are the one-piece click together magic tracks.

I'm already eyeing up the MiG productions set of burned out Pz.IV road wheels to do a destroyed one in Normandy :wacko:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

Quote from: nev on April 12, 2010, 10:35:10 AM
Quote from: Aircav on April 11, 2010, 02:17:40 PM

Oh, so it was YOU who cleared them out of Canberra conversions was it?  :banghead: 

I only bought one of each, there was a lot more left when I got them in the morning  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader