Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

From the excellent Model Hobbies:

2 x 1/700 HobbyBoss USS Arizona
2 x 1/700 Trumpeter F6F Hellcats
2 x 1/400 Mirage Hobby ORZ Mazur

Should keep me busy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Steel Penguin

22 second hand games workshop eldar figures, 5 swooping hawks and the rest are the old  foot troops,  so fairly pleased all in all.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Weaver

From ebay:

Monogram 1/72nd F-14 Tomcat. Very old and crude kit (1971) with tailplanes, jet nozzles and cockpit interior all moulded to the fuselage, and only two badly moulded Sparrows as loadout. However, none of that matters to me because I want it for major chopping up and it was very cheap.

Airfix 1/144th Boeing Clipper. Pretty and ridiculously cheap, not least because it was from the same seller as the Nimitz and they combined postage.

1/800th scale USS Nimitz. Even more ridiculously cheap, especially since I only want it for possible spaceshipization. No idea who makes it: there is absolutely NO indication of a manufacturer anywhere on the box or instructions. The box style is Trumpeterish (blue heavy-duty cardboard) but that's all. Got a motor with it too, so I can play with it in the bath if I want (have to get a bigger bath though.....)  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

pyro-manic

My Novo Vimy arrived today. Looks quite nice in the box, and it was cheap! I think it will be a heavy patrol unit for the Knights of Malta, as a counter to my flying boat pirates.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

From the Bay:

Trumpeter 1/72 J-10S Vigorous Dragon double-seater. Looks rather nice in the box. Trumpeter gave the weapons sprue of the J-10 a make-over and the PL-8 and PL-11 look much better now. Also included are two new PL-12 AAMs. Nice!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on May 07, 2010, 04:47:38 AM
From the Bay:

Trumpeter 1/72 J-10S Vigorous Dragon double-seater. Looks rather nice in the box. Trumpeter gave the weapons sprue of the J-10 a make-over and the PL-8 and PL-10 look much better now. Also included are two new PL-12 AAMs. Nice!

i'm looking forward to one of these kits too having built a single seater [in pakistani AF markings] not
long after it came out. :)
Keeper of George the Cat.

chrisonord

Today arrived my swap kits with Death jester, all 1/72nd scale airfix, F-5e tiger II, Mig-23, and a YF-22 Lightning II.
The lightning will I think become something for SHADO  :wacko: The Tiger will join the other 4 I have for the Honduras AF, and the Mig-23, will join the other 3 I have too, as part of my Cartel AF.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

matrixone

Just arrived last Friday...

These kits will be built as real world subjects...to be used in what-if pics!

Don't worry, I have not joined the Allies.

Matrixone

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I know, I know, I'm supposed to be thinning the herd at the moment, however, I managed to secure a 1:48 Airfix Jaguar GR3 tonight from that all-to-often visited auction site  :party:.

So the BIG question must be......

Australia ? or New Zealand ?

Ahhhh, decisions, decisions  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Or maybe Japan ?

Ian
(decisive as ever  ;D)
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Ed S

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on May 09, 2010, 01:47:14 PM
I know, I know, I'm supposed to be thinning the herd at the moment, however, I managed to secure a 1:48 Airfix Jaguar GR3 tonight from that all-to-often visited auction site  :party:.

So the BIG question must be......

Ahhhh, decisions, decisions  :thumbsup:

Ian

Then again, it would look good in Luftwaffe splinter camo like the F-4F.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Cliffy B

Grabbed one of Academy's 1/72 P-51Cs the other day at the LHS.  I'm thinking night fighter  :mellow:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

ChernayaAkula

The second batch of last weeks haul of Amazon deals arrived:
another Italeri 1/72 Harrier GR.3
another Hasegawa 1/72 Grumman X-29
and two Trumpeter 1/72 BAC Lightning F.2a/F.6

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on May 09, 2010, 01:47:14 PM<...> 1:48 Airfix Jaguar GR3 <...>
Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on May 09, 2010, 01:48:28 PM
Or maybe Japan ?<...>

Obviously, you need to get two more and build all three!  :thumbsup:  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Howard of Effingham

couple of MQ-1 predator drones from antics this morning.

then i went to a charity shop and well with this small selection it would've been rude NOT to buy......

airfix javelin FAW9/9R
airfix meteor III
RoG [nee matchbox] lightning F2A/F6
RoG spitfire V

well it was my birthday yesterday so that's my excuse!  ;D ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.