My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Today arrived an Airfix 1/144th scale Concorde that I found on a web site for sale. And the best part of this deal??
It cost me 4 quid all in!! MARVELLOUS!!!
Forgot to say what this will be. This will have it's back end cut off along with its tail fin,widened by approx 20 mm, a new cockpit area, the roof re profiled to give it more cabin room as it will be a 1/72nd scale shuttle, and a rather dashing set of rocket burner cans and some manoeuvring thrusters. It will be getting up to altitude and launched from a SHADAIR super sonic transport aircraft (XB-70 with windows and civil paint job  :wacko:) The shuttle will take crew and provisions etc, to the moon base, and come back down to earth in a similar fashion to the NASA shuttle.
Except mine could  get a set of jet engines too for powered atmospheric flight. The XB-70 will get a fair bit of modifying too.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Green Dragon

Academy 1/72nd  FW190D off ebay today, may be RW. More off ebay to follow later in the week.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Aircav

Popped in at Chestermoor this afternoon and got a 1/72 Revell C-160 Transall and a 1/35 set of Tamiya animals. ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

thedarkmaster

Just ordered from Preisser Germany via work Passer by figure set, people in Uniform set and the Nato/luftwaffe ground crew set all in 1/72

and

From Bachnam UK ( Model train company ) via work , a mobile snack bar, security kiosk, cctv cameras and safety railings.

all for some display bases I'm working on

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Martin H

2 arrivals in the last few days.

From Ebay one CMK Focke Wulf P II. (not the special Hobby one....this ones Resin)

And from Hobby link Japan. a Platz RQ-4B Global hawk.

edit. forgot an order from hannants, for some Aeroclub bits and a pair of decal sheets (subject matter, is currently classified)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

frank2056

1/144 Trumpeter Tu-16K-26 from Sprue Brothers. They're selling these for $18.99, which is a huge discount from $42. They also have the Tu-16K-10 for the same price.

I also got the 1:350 Bronco Models Ting Yuen, which will make a great generic pre-dread ship and the New World Miniatures 1/35 scale Private Military Contractor "Rambo" figure. Just because the Trumpeter figs are so bad.

Aircav

Quote from: thedarkmaster on May 10, 2010, 11:37:07 AM
Just ordered from Preisser Germany via work Passer by figure set, people in Uniform set and the Nato/luftwaffe ground crew set all in 1/72
and
From Bachnam UK ( Model train company ) via work , a mobile snack bar, security kiosk, cctv cameras and safety railings.
all for some display bases I'm working on

Thats funny, I've got some Preiser figures to pick up from the LMS too and for the same reasons.  ;D :thumbsup: :cheers:

PREISER 10494 PARENTS WITH CHILDREN AND PUSHCHAIRS
PREISER 10469 FIVE PEDESTRIANS INC ONE IN WHEELCHAIR
PREISER 10493 MOTHERS WITH CHILDREN IN PUSHCHAIRS
PREISER 14080 PHOTOGRAPHERS
PREISER 20397 camels
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mike Wren

Mossie

Airfix 1/72 Westland Whirlwind.  I'm surpised I haven't succumbed earlier, but I guess it was because it was a gift set & I was hoping they'd release it without the glue & paints for a few quid cheaper.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Green Dragon

That's exactly what I was hoping for Mossie! Why those stupid little pots of paint and a brush cost so much I'll never know but it stops me buying the kits. I want some Gazelles too but not the crappy extras.

Just had an Airfix Lynx HAS.3 delivered from ebay, mint condition factory sealed 1990 issue (which means I'm not sure I want to rip it open!  :banghead:). First Airfix Lynx I've bought for some odd reason! Built the old Matchbox kit a few times though.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Mossie

I know what you mean, I can understand why they do starter kits, but I wish they'd sell the models seperately as well.  I'd probably have picked up an Airfix Sea Hawk too if it wasn't in the starter kit, although I can wait for the forthcoming HobbyBoss kit.

Paul, I can let you have a Gazelle if you want it?  It's one of the eighties boxings & I think all the parts are there.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Aircav on May 10, 2010, 10:30:02 AM
Popped in at Chestermoor this afternoon and got a 1/72 Revell C-160 Transall and a 1/35 set of Tamiya animals. ;D

Steve, I am D Y I N G to know how-in-the-h*ll you are going to bring those two purchases together, for G*d's sake tell me now !!  :wacko:

* * * * * * *
<...> 1:48 Airfix Jaguar GR3 <...>
Australia ? or New Zealand ?

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on May 09, 2010, 08:48:28 PM
Or maybe Japan ?<...>

Obviously, you need to get two more and build all three!

Moritz, you aren't helping  ;D
Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

pyro-manic

Quote from: Mossie on May 11, 2010, 06:25:26 AM
Airfix 1/72 Westland Whirlwind.  I'm surpised I haven't succumbed earlier, but I guess it was because it was a gift set & I was hoping they'd release it without the glue & paints for a few quid cheaper.

I picked one up a couple of months ago that wasn't in a gift set. Admittedly it's the only one I've seen as such, but they must be around.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mossie

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on May 11, 2010, 11:47:37 AM
Steve, I am D Y I N G to know how-in-the-h*ll you are going to bring those two purchases together, for G*d's sake tell me now !!  :wacko:

Holywood remake of Noah??? ;D

Gondor

From ebay

Airfix 1/72 Harrier/Sea Harrier club edition twin pack

Hasegawa 1/72 Mig 25 with a Delta Bits Recce Nose conversion

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....