My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nigel Bunker

QuoteGot my first TSR.2 today!  Wub It's big, beautiful and from Airfix.

Nothing like finding out another Whiffer has lost his cherry.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

proditor

Quote from: Mossie on May 18, 2010, 01:57:23 AM
Quote from: proditor on May 17, 2010, 07:08:21 AM
E-bay

Williams Brothers 1/72 Martin B-10B

Beautifully ugly!!!  Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one!

Me too!  ;)  

I'm actually not 100% sure what I want to do with it.  Part of me has just always liked the pug-ugliness of it, but another part is whispering "powered turrets.  You know it makes sense..."  Fortunately, Williams Brothers is reissuing it at some point int he next year, so I may not have to choose.

Aircav

Quote from: Green Dragon on May 18, 2010, 05:22:41 AM

Airfix MBB Bo105C (factory sealed from the French made period with German & Dutch decals).

Paul Harrison

Never seen one with Dutch decals as well, you learn something everyday.  ;D :thumbsup:
Cool buy BTW  :cheers:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Weaver

Quote from: proditor on May 18, 2010, 08:05:20 AM
E-bay

Me too!  ;)  

I'm actually not 100% sure what I want to do with it.  Part of me has just always liked the pug-ugliness of it, but another part is whispering "powered turrets.  You know it makes sense..."  Fortunately, Williams Brothers is reissuing it at some point int he next year, so I may not have to choose.

I've got one in the SCW GB stash, because Spain did actually place an order (never fulfilled) for them before the war. If you want to do yours for the SCW GB then let me know and I'll leave you a clear run at it, because I've got WAY more models than I can ever do by the deadline.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gondor

From E-bay today

An AFV Club Sd.Kfz.251/20 Ausf.D

not sure if its a whif or not but far easier than trying to convert an Tamiya kit with a Verlinden conversion.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

proditor

Quote from: Weaver on May 18, 2010, 08:39:53 AM
E-bay

Me too!  ;)  

I've got one in the SCW GB stash, because Spain did actually place an order (never fulfilled) for them before the war. If you want to do yours for the SCW GB then let me know and I'll leave you a clear run at it, because I've got WAY more models than I can ever do by the deadline.
That would put me at 4, but I am tempted.  I'd like to see what you'd do with it though, so don't hold off on my account! :cheers:

Green Dragon

Quote from: Aircav on May 18, 2010, 08:07:02 AM
Quote from: Green Dragon on May 18, 2010, 05:22:41 AM

Airfix MBB Bo105C (factory sealed from the French made period with German & Dutch decals).

Paul Harrison

Never seen one with Dutch decals as well, you learn something everyday.  ;D :thumbsup:
Cool buy BTW  :cheers:

I was surprised when I got one earlier in the year with the Dutch option, thought Airfix only did the German colours till then and I've built seven or eight since it came out back in the 70's! Really think they should reissue it as a civvy chopper some time like Bond Helicoters or British Caledonian with added floats or maybe a Radar nose.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

lancer

Quote from: beowulf on May 18, 2010, 03:10:42 AM
havnt bought anything for so long that im getting withdrawls symptoms  :rolleyes:............need some retail therapy!

Same applies here too.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

From Models for Sale...ordered Monday evening, arrived this morning (Wednesday!)....:

Italeri, all 1/72nd:

Mirage 2000D.....possibly Israel
Kfir C7....certainly RAF, but needs underwing stores and lots of extras....I have references (and voices!).
Bae Hawk 100....thinking a natural metal single-seater.
SM.81....Spanish AF (kit includes the decals) for the Biggles SIG, from "Biggles In Spain".

All Airfix 1/600:

2 x HMS Iron Duke
Warspite

All will become Leviathans, all screw-powered with aetherscrews. :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

Quote from: proditor on May 18, 2010, 10:11:32 AM
Quote from: Weaver on May 18, 2010, 08:39:53 AM
E-bay

Me too!  ;)  

That would put me at 4, but I am tempted.  I'd like to see what you'd do with it though, so don't hold off on my account! :cheers:

The way things are going with time, work, problems etc... I'm beginning to think I'll be lucky to finish the two I've already started.... :banghead:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Just picked up a package containing the latest evilBay purchases:

Another Dragon 1/700 HMS York (Type 42 Batch 3 destroyer) - was even cheaper than the one I picked up earlier.  ;D
One Dragon 1/72 P-61B Black Widow - will end up as some from of P-61E derivative - already have a suitable Airmodel vac-form conversion.
And another Dragon 1/72 Ta 152 H-1 - just one further ingredient needed...... :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Aircav

A 1/35 AFV Club Scorpion from the LMS  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Cliffy B

Just picked up a twin pack of Skywave 1/700 John C. Butler Class DEs.  One of them is getting whiffed into a "Super DDE"  :mellow:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Green Dragon

Got three more delivered from ebay today.
Revell 1/72nd EC145 ADAC/Rega (no plans yet just like the look of it)
Tamiya 1/35th German Front-line Infantrymen (3rd or 4th set coz I like MP44's!)
Tamiya 1/35th Schwimwagen (might be for a Pumpkin Scissors dio if I can convert some figs OK)

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Mossie

Quote from: Green Dragon on May 19, 2010, 01:52:00 PM
Got three more delivered from ebay today.
Revell 1/72nd EC145 ADAC/Rega (no plans yet just like the look of it)

Nice looking Whirlybird, I guess the Eurocopter partners home countries, Germany, France or Spain.  France might look good.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.