Just got :-

Matchbox

Saab J-29 Tunnan
Hawk 200
Douglas Skynight

from NARSES2.
YEEHA!

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

frank2056

chrisonord

nipped into my LMS today on my way to see my Mum, with the intention of just getting 2 tubes of putty :rolleyes:
I came out with 2 tubes of putty, a jar of Tamiya matt black, and..... a Hobbyboss Rafale C and a 2 seater A 10 both in 1/72nd scale.
The Rafale could be Honduras,or perhaps US Navy. The A10 is going to be an OA-10M, a replacement for the US marines OA-4m Skyhawks, and something with a lot more bite :wacko: This aircraft will be part of the Marine Task force sent to Honduras.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Green Dragon

Two arrived today from Narses2's stash sale.
Bilek/Dragon P-61B (prob RW)
Hobbycraft B-2 Bomber (either RW or tweeked a lot into a Chinese H-8 Stealth bomber)

Cheers Chris!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

JayBee

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on June 03, 2010, 04:21:36 AM

RoG grumman bearcat.
[this is the old monogram kit. does anyone know how it compares with the old frog kit?]

If my memory serves me well, the FROG kit was "heavier" all round, the canopy was very much thicker. The only thing that the FROG kit had better than the Monogram one was the alternate tops to the forward fuselage, giving you the choice of smooth or the louvred top that some French machines had.

For my money I would go for the Monogram kit.

I have seen the new boxing and I am quite surprised that they are marketing it as an F8F-1 as the kit has the four 20mm cannon wing of the F8F-2.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

The Wooksta!

The Monogram Bearcat is a lovely kit to build, despite its age.  The only thing I would do would be to blank off the oil coolers at the wing roots as they're see through

I've a built one ready to prime *somewhere* but can I find it?  Can I fairy cakes!  The odd thing is, the box it came in has a Frog/Novo one in it!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Cliffy B

Speaking of the Monogram Bearcat, has anyone gotten a hold of the Revell 1/72 Bearcat re-issue yet?  Is it the same old kit with new decals or did they improve it all?  I've been waiting for a nice little F8F and at $10 I'll be buying more than a few  ;D  just wondering gents.
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

The Wooksta!

Given that they didn't bother with their rerelease of their rivetty old Tempest (WHY didn't they just repop the far superior Matchbox tooling as they own them!), I can't see them doing anything with the Monogram tooling for the Bearcat either.  The decals might be better quality but possibly not new ones.  IIRC, the last repop had South Vietnamese markings in it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

GTX

My latest thanks to eBay:

• Hasegawa 1/48 F-104 Starfighter
  • Trumpeter 1/48 SU-15 UM

Both kits have minor issues though:  The F-104 has NO instructions, whilst the Su-15 has NO decals - anyone able to help on either front?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

beowulf

since PW has been going on about automotive whiffs i have been thinking harder about one i have had in mind since xmas..................picked this up on ebay for the princly sum of £2.47..........it might provide the running gear for what i have planned  :thumbsup:

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Gondor

Thanks to the nice company with the RED letter H on the YELLOW background I now have all in 1/72

Heller Boeing C 135 FR (for conversion to the RAF Rivet Joint aircraft)

Hasegawa Lightning F6 (to be whiffed...... not saying how or to what yet)

Falcon Triple Conversion 3 consisting of F-106B, F9F-8T Cougar and Mirage IIID (F9F-8T for a Test & Experimental Build.... no idea about the others yet)

LF Models Harrier T2 conversion set for the Esci/Italeri Harrier (straight build)

Mark 1 Eurofighter Book/Decal set (for a couple of Revell kits I have)

AirDecal Anti Flash Vulcan's (for a Skybolt armed Vulcan I have planned)

now all I need is more space to store and build all these goodies

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

sideshowbob9

QuoteFalcon Triple Conversion 3 consisting of F-106B, F9F-8T Cougar.....

Really must get me one of those.

Walked into my LMS for a Heller F-8E and I walked out with the Heller F-8E.... and an Italeri Ju-87B (gorgeous decals).

I almost made it out when I went back for a Hasegawa F-106 too! Damn my weak will!   :dalek:

Edit: Oh and a Esoteric BTD-1 arrived in the post. Yey!

Now how do you do these vacuform thingies anyway?  :lol:

Weaver

Good day!

Went into F & S models at Audenshaw again, to pick up a HAT 1/72nd Gardner Gun set, since I belatedly realised that I wanted some of the figures from it to mix'n'match with the gatling gun set I bought a fortnight ago. That was all I went in for, honest, but when I came out, an Armourfast Achilles tank destroyer box had mysteriously gotten into my hand and been paid for. No idea how that happened..... :rolleyes:

The Gardner Gun set is for a steampunk idea, and the Achilli (two in the box, of course) may go to make "modern" Cheshire armour for PW.

Then I went to a new (to me) local model shop! Warren Kerfoot models in Compstall. I'd tried and failed to find this place a year ago and concluded that he'd gone out of business, but then a couple a weeks ago I noticed a brand new sign for the place and today was the first chance to visit (if you ever go there, you'll understand why it was hard to find!). Got a 1/76th Victorian Wedding party and an Airfix Piper Cherokee Arrow for £4.00 (have you seen what they go for on ebay? :blink:).

The Wedding party will contribute some figures to a steampunk idea (photographer and guests, not the bride and groom!) and the Piper will be impressed into the service of the Reddish Revolution.

Warren Kerfoot Models: Well worth a look if you're in the area, and close to me so let me know!
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Geoff

I am told the Tamia 1/100th scale aircraft are being rereleased at about £2.50 each, which is a quarter the price they were knocking them out for a few years ago.
Needless to say I have stuck in an order for a few squadrons worth - I foresee more Beagle Wif's!!!!!!! ;-)

ChernayaAkula

Got two Revell Epixx fantasy figures from a department store for cheap.

A fire dragon and the Dark Lord

The dragon is supposed to find its way onto the MEDIEVAL FLYING APC dio project I have planned. It should be big enough for a couple of 1/72 knights. The nose tip of the dragon is 120mm off the ground. Some cutting and re-positioning of limbs as well as some plastic surgery to make it look less toy-like will be required. Thankfully, apart from the wings the plastic is fairly sturdy. Not too sure about the colour either.

The Dark Lord. The pic above doesn't really do him justice. He stands 125mm tall ( ground to horn tips). This will also need some puttying to get rid of the toy look. A re-paint will also be in order.Thinking of this beast fighting a Crusader or two. Just don't know about the scale of the opponents, though. Fairly even at 120mm, suitably tall for a demon with the knight at 90mm, or even giant with the knight in 75 or 54mm scale. Should it be some smaller scale, I'll go for a group fighting the beast. Then I'll have to re-position the head so he'll be looking at his opponent(s).

Quote from: GTX on June 04, 2010, 10:55:56 AM
  • Hasegawa 1/48 F-104 Starfighter

Which type is the Zipper? I've got a Revell re-box of the Hasegawa 1/48 F-104G. Could scan the instructions for you.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?