My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

Quote from: Army of One on June 12, 2010, 02:18:42 PM
Been a while....but from fleabay an Airfix Brewster Buffalo,from IanTheHunterGatherer an Airfix Pucara and a Finnish Hawk Fujimi I think.......don't tell SWMBO'd coz it will be getting even bigger in a few days.....

when it comes to SWMBO's on here there is a code of silence. they get told nothing about stash acquisitions. We all have to protect our fellow modellers. It's the one thing i like about being single - no one moans when I but kits :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

GTX

As we used to say in the RAAF - "What happens on deployment stays on deployment."

Maybe our version should be "What happens to the stash, stays within the stash" or something to that effect...

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

beowulf

Quote from: lancer on June 12, 2010, 02:33:07 PM
Quote from: Army of One on June 12, 2010, 02:18:42 PM
.....don't tell SWMBO'd coz it will be getting even bigger in a few days.....

when it comes to SWMBO's on here there is a code of silence.

its something like the first rule of Fight Club............................ ;D

a BIG box of goodies curtusy of Tim the DM..............cheers mate  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Army of One

It is unfortunate in a way......since we moved into our house earlier this year all my stash has come together,it grew from a few boxes at her place when I moved in with her n it grew slowly  to the loft filling cardboard box mountain of the stuff I had had in storage and at my old house that was insulating my ex's loft.......my argument of 'why do you need all those shoes n bottles of perfume..blah blah' didn't go down well..... 
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: GTX on June 12, 2010, 02:47:06 PM
As we used to say in the RAAF - "What happens on deployment stays on deployment."

Same on football/cricket/rugby tours " what happens on tour, stays on tour"  :drink:

Quote from: lancer on June 12, 2010, 02:33:07 PM
when it comes to SWMBO's on here there is a code of silence. they get told nothing about stash acquisitions. We all have to protect our fellow modellers.

You are assuming that they don't know what is happening here, which is a hell of an assumption given the female of the species amazing ability to see what you are thinking and even see what you are thinking of thinking !! :banghead:

Quote from: Army of One on June 12, 2010, 08:20:04 PM
my argument of 'why do you need all those shoes n bottles of perfume..blah blah' didn't go down well..... 

Yea,  to make that comment you have to be Usain Bolt  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

thedarkmaster

Got a lovely trumpeter 1/1444 Tu16 from our esteemed NARSES2 via collection at the post office yesterday, going to be a BOAC bird not sure why just sort of speaks to me that way  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

The Wooksta!

Recently won on ebay Valom Bristol Buckingham B.1.  Cost £17 plus another £2.50 postage. Hannants price £36.30. Bargaintastic!

Likelihood of me building it - zero.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Spey_Phantom

for a bargain price, i found a matchbox 1/72 Dornier Do G-1/G2 kit (i think its the Do-17). at a rummage sale  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

beowulf

went to an autojumble this morning.............didnt expect to see any models but found two Tamiya 1/24 cars.....Toyota celica rally car and jag xj200...........still sealed in the bags,...............five quid each.....would have been rude not to  :thumbsup:..............the jag might even get whiffed  :rolleyes:
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

The Wooksta!

Another ebay win, this time a Doyousha 1/24th Aston Martin DB5. 

Slowly but surely building a small collection of cars.  Whether I build any of them or not is debateable.  Does anyone do a 24th early 70s MGB GT?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

beowulf

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 14, 2010, 01:59:26 AM
Another ebay win, this time a Doyousha 1/24th Aston Martin DB5. 

Does anyone do a 24th early 70s MGB GT?

nope....wish they did.....closest you will get is the crappy 1/32 airfix one

The Wooksta!

Didn't Revell do one?  Unless I've got false memory syndrome, I'm sure I remember a Revell box with an MG on it!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

TsrJoe

local hobby store, just picked up the 'Special Hobby Blenheim Mk.1 Finnish post war (one ill be building for the cold war theme) and the 'Broplan' Valmet Vihuri post war Ilmavoimat trainer, the latter needing quite a lot of work, id def have preferred a vacuform to Broplan's usual high quality

cheers, joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

proditor

Via the 'bay.

Large lot of 1/72 WW1/WW2 planes in various degrees of completion.  Some of it is in nice Spanish Civil War garb, so they'll probably go live with my GB entries for a while.

thedarkmaster

another airliner......Revell 1/144 airbus A320
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz