My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Quote from: Mossie on June 23, 2010, 11:46:33 AM
Quote from: Aircav on June 23, 2010, 11:00:17 AM
Quote from: Mossie on June 23, 2010, 05:09:34 AM
I've got to admit though, I do like the look of the Mi-26 Flying Crane version & if I can find better drawings than the small concept art that's on Aviastar, I might have a crack at it.....

The main undercarriage looks fun but the rest looks fairly simple.   :thumbsup:

I'm not sure without looking at better pics Steve.  Tail seems longer, it's definately fatter at the base.  Not sure if there's something going on with the cockpit, there may be a step there & it's not obvoious how the crane operators cabin is arranged.  Undercarriage should be 'fun'!

I'm not to sure but as you say a couple more pictures would be helpful.
Here's one I modified

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mossie

Seems to be the crux of it Steve, cut out a chunk of the fuse & add a bit of extra to the tail boom.  Might just be worth it without any of the fine details.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

I''l bring my Wings Of The Red Star book on the Mil to Coventry for you to peruse Simon - lotsa proposed variants :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

I can let you have the transfers from my 1/144 An-124 if you want them Simon, they should fit the Halo  ;D

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Gondor

More goodies today, this time from Model Hobbies

1/72 Aires F16A/B Exhaust Nozzle to be grafted onto one of My Revell F-16B's
    1/72 Eduard TSR 2 Brass?? for one of My Airfix Kits
    1/72 Eduard RAF WWII Seat Belts
    1/72 Eduard 1/72 Luftwaffe Bombers Seat Belts

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

thedarkmaster

from Jaybee (  :bow:  :bow:  :bow: ) a S & M Models Vikers Viscount 800 in 1/144.......another for the alternative airlines of the Empires Twighlight  ;D  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Mossie

Quote from: nev on June 24, 2010, 09:45:43 AM
I''l bring my Wings Of The Red Star book on the Mil to Coventry for you to peruse Simon - lotsa proposed variants :)

Arrgh, can't make it now nev. :( :( :(  Fingers crossed I'll get a chance to see you soon.

Quote from: Aircav on June 24, 2010, 10:11:40 AM
I can let you have the transfers from my 1/144 An-124 if you want them Simon, they should fit the Halo  ;D

Cheers Steve, I've got that kit! :thumbsup:  Thanks for the offer & the heads up, I'll have a look to see how they fit it.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

OK mate, hopefully see you at the AGM - alternatively I could scan some pages and send them to you if you PM me your email
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

HobbyBoss 1/72nd Zlin Z-42M, of which I know little, except it was the basic primary trainer of the DDR. It has civil markings in the kit, just one option.
Unusually, the entire wing/fuselage construction (just 2 pieces) is cast in clear plastic along with the seperate canopy. Why?? The rest of the bits are in a more normal pale grey.
What to do with it? I think an RAF University Sqn seems likely.
Also, an Xtradecal sheet for 1/72nd F-100D/Fs....to be used on all sorts of things, not least an F-107 or two. It has USAF, ANG and some foreign markings too....

3 decal sheets from Kits World...
2 in 1/72nd of WW2 B-17 Nose art
1 in 1/48th of P-61 Nose art.....all of these will be ideal for lots of things, including Rocky Horror inspired models.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

thedarkmaster

went into Long Eaton a small town not far from Derby today and found a small back street Model and railway shop, so as not to be rude got a Revell Bombardier CL604 in 1/144 and a minicraft Boeing B377 Stratocruiser in 1/144........yet more airliners for The Empires Twighlight  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D got to like it as Mrs Darkmaster is happy with the brighter colours on these .  ;D  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Green Dragon

Yesterday I got an Airfix Gazelle and most of a Heller Transall from Mossie so the Quad Tilt Rotor bash should be doable now.  :cheers: Will get the decals to you soon as I can find them. I've got two grades of decal stash, part used and crappy ones get chucked in a tin, higher grade sheets get filed but I can't find the file!! Guess which one the decals you need are in!  :banghead:

Paul Harrison (off to search the stash again!)
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Aircav

Quote from: Mossie on June 24, 2010, 04:34:12 PM
Quote from: nev on June 24, 2010, 09:45:43 AM

Arrgh, can't make it now nev. :( :( :(  Fingers crossed I'll get a chance to see you soon.

Quote from: Aircav on June 24, 2010, 10:11:40 AM

Cheers Steve, I've got that kit! :thumbsup:  Thanks for the offer & the heads up, I'll have a look to see how they fit it.

Just being thinking, dodgy I know but some of the Halo transfers from Begemot would look well on the An-124.  ;D

Sir Sydney Camm

lancer

Quote from: Overkiller on June 25, 2010, 11:29:33 AM
Acquired last month off Evil Bay, but only arrived now:

1/72 Chematic Avro Shackleton  :wub: :thumbsup:

Mainly bought because it has SAAF decals, which are rather tasty  :drink:

:cheers:

Duncan

I dunno, first it was resin sweeties and now decals!!! Is there nothing this boy won't try and eat?? :wacko: :wacko: :bow:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Overkiller on June 25, 2010, 11:29:33 AM
Acquired last month off Evil Bay, but only arrived now:

1/72 Chematic Avro Shackleton  :wub: :thumbsup:

Mainly bought because it has SAAF decals, which are rather tasty  :drink:

:cheers:

Duncan

I'll happily take the box off your hands!  Not bothered about the kit - more than enough Shattipusses - but I quite like the box art on that release.

Meanwhile, in other developments at Wooksta Towers, my Tamiya Aston Martin DBS has arrived.  And I am annoyed!  Sodding Tamiya - it's left hand drive!  As opposed to the proper British right hand drive. 

Now wondering if anyone will do a replacement dash...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Aircav

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 25, 2010, 05:07:33 PM

Meanwhile, in other developments at Wooksta Towers, my Tamiya Aston Martin DBS has arrived.  And I am annoyed!  Sodding Tamiya - it's left hand drive!  As opposed to the proper British right hand drive. 

Now wondering if anyone will do a replacement dash...

Aye, a mate of mine got one the other day and he said the same thing, strange considering that the Japaneses drive on the same side of the road as us, must be made for the U.S. market.

Sir Sydney Camm