My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

i had the afternoon off, so i thought i would go to the LHS to pick up a pack of roman soldiers for my SD.VII.
unfortunatly they were sold out after last weekends roman reenactment in oudenburg :(, so went home with a revell 1/72 Sopwith Tripane instead  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Aircav on June 25, 2010, 11:21:16 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 25, 2010, 05:07:33 PM

Meanwhile, in other developments at Wooksta Towers, my Tamiya Aston Martin DBS has arrived.  And I am annoyed!  Sodding Tamiya - it's left hand drive!  As opposed to the proper British right hand drive. 

Now wondering if anyone will do a replacement dash...

Aye, a mate of mine got one the other day and he said the same thing, strange considering that the Japaneses drive on the same side of the road as us, must be made for the U.S. market.

Bearing in mind that I have another pair on order, I'm toying with cloning the dash and then doing the conversion work to make it right hand drive and then flogging it as a master. 

After doing three for me, that is...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Received today from Odds And Ordinance

1 x 1/72 TSR2 tail fin
      1 x 1/72 TSR2 slipper tanks
      1 x 1/72 Two seat hunter conversion

Order made on Sunday evening and it arrived Tuesday !!!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

proditor

Via the 'bay, all 1/72

MPC: 3 Profiles DO-17E
MPC: 3 Profiles PBY Catalina
MPC: 3 Profiles Kingfisher
Heller HE-112 B0/B1

At least half of the above are going to my new and ongoing Spanish Civil War opbsession.

Radish

2 x Meerkat pups. That =8 Meerkat heads suitable for 1/35th figures. :tank:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Aircav

A 1/144 Sweet Hurricane Mk.1 Tropical for a Nats comp entry.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Army of One

Playing with fire here in the name of SWMBO....Revell Mig 31 Foxhound and enclosed cover note.........absolute bargain,thanks to Thorvic. The dilemma is that I found a sheet of Libyan markings that would suit (BMD72002) but not sure the few quid is worth the earbashing n threatened withdrawl of adult fun as threatened if anything else model wise appears on the doorstep...... 
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Weaver

From ebay: 1/8th scale KAIYODO "GALAXY FRAULEIN" resin figure.

(Can't find a decent pic - sorry)

Deep in the fundamental heart and mind of the universe, there is a reason. ;)

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Weaver

Quote from: JayBee on July 01, 2010, 06:06:17 AM
Here you go Weaver.

http://www.thebanzaieffect.com/articles/nutcase23/fraulein-revoltech-shikinami-asuka-langley-by-kaiyodo/

Sorry, didn't make myself clear: I can find pics from that Anime, but not of the particular model I've bought. The box cover shown in the ebay auction doesn't represent the actual version inside it and anyway, I can't get the full size pic on the works PC. Here's the auction, for what it's worth:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230490018450&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Green Dragon

Got a 1/72nd Bandai NAMC YS-11 from Kit Box in Whitley Bay this morning thanks to a headsup from The Wooksta.  :thumbsup:
Cheers mate!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

thedarkmaster

Got a Linberg Convair 880 in box scale today  from Bungle :thumbsup: ;D ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Army of One

Five Revell Mig 29's in waterdamaged boxes from flea bay turned up £3 plus £2p+p....bargain....advert stated that decals were mostly unuseable.....well only one of the sheets is slightly damaged...anyhoo....boxes bin'd n the kits stashed in the recently aquired Su22...........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

kitnut617

Quote from: thedarkmaster on July 01, 2010, 01:39:56 PM

Got a Linberg Convair 880 in box scale today  from Bungle :thumbsup: ;D ;D

How is that kit ?  reason I ask is to make a 1/72 Canadair CL-44 (mostly a Britannia) I need to make it have the 880 windshield for it, and I need an example.  I've got a scale drawing but there's no section views of the cockpit area.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

ChernayaAkula

A Hasegawa 1/72 F-111D/F!  :wub: From the stash of a good friend. One of those "grail kits".

Can't wait to hear the JMNs whine when they see I'll paint it as an Israeli Lancer. :wacko: What I have done to such a valued kit. How I could have built a decent model. :wacko: Oh, it will be a joy! Muahahahahaha!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?