My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: Nils on July 18, 2010, 06:30:52 AM
i but due to stash overstock and lack of space, i had to cancel the buy  :banghead:
Theres no room for Mr Sensible here at the WIFs. LOL
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

The Wooksta!

Won on ebay last night - stash of trashed models, including an Airfix Rotodyne, two Airfix Blackburn NA.39s, a Javelin (I suspect original 50s Frog), some other helicopter and the prize piece, which I wanted it for, a Frog DH 110.  A Vixen NF.1 here we come!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: chrisonord on July 17, 2010, 03:34:24 PM
From my LMS, a bit of an impulse buy,a trumpeter jl-8 k8 karakorum. I have looked at this a couple of times and didn't really think much of it, but then thought it could be an operational trainer for the Cartel air force.

good kit chris and goes together nicely.

my first one was done in 72 sqn markings using the all black trainer scheme and there is a second in the stash.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: Radish on July 18, 2010, 08:59:53 AM
Always remember....

WIFs=WTFs :thumbsup:

Sage...very sage as always.   .........................Sage as in stuffing
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

ChernayaAkula

Got a Trumpeter 1/72 Sd.Kfz.9/1 half-track with 6ton crane from the LHS today.
Monster of a kit. 332 parts! In 1/72! 200 of which are the tracks links and rubber pads only. I usually like separate track links, but this looks like a serious bit of work.

This will be whiffed for an anime diorama I've got planned. Thinking about moving the cab forward and (maybe) placing the engine behind the cab. That way it'll look less "German half-tack".
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

The Wooksta!

Yet another Airfix Meteor, my tally for the past week stands at 4 Airfix, 1 Frog and an MPM PR10.  Does that make me an ace?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Aircav

German Meatbox, now theres an idea  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

chrisonord

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on July 19, 2010, 03:12:49 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on July 17, 2010, 03:34:24 PM
From my LMS, a bit of an impulse buy,a trumpeter jl-8 k8 karakorum. I have looked at this a couple of times and didn't really think much of it, but then thought it could be an operational trainer for the Cartel air force.

good kit chris and goes together nicely.

my first one was done in 72 sqn markings using the all black trainer scheme and there is a second in the stash.
Cheers Trev,
I have been looking forward to building a kit that went together nice for quite some time now ;D It would make a nice change.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Aircav on July 19, 2010, 01:35:15 PM
German Meatbox, now theres an idea  ;D

I did a Zirkus Rosarius one years back.  F8s in Bundesluftwaffe might be more plausible, or possibly captured F4s for an extended war scenario.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Two fantastic decal sheets, with a common theme: From AZTEC MODELS in Mexico and arriving just a week after oredering is this decal sheet:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AZD4814

(Wasn't available from the BIG H when I wanted it last week - of course it is now  :banghead:) Simply stunning sheet, very well researched and beautifully printed. Has enormous What If potential and some very do-able Real World subjects too. Really like the Salvadorean F-51 with the two-tone green camo, from the 'Soccer War'.

From eBay,  'got a very rare RCAF Mustang sheet, produced by IPMS Canada under their 'Sweating Beaver' label. Four Mustang MkIV's that flew on the 5th May mission over the Channel Islands, I think that was the last mission for the 'Hunsdon Wing' - What is really good/unique about this sheet are the three pairs of resin louvres that were included so you could build an accurate RAF Mustang. SUPERB !! and it only cost me £6.00ish including the postage.

R E S U L T  :party:

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

chrisonord

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on July 20, 2010, 11:31:20 AM
Two fantastic decal sheets, with a common theme: From AZTEC MODELS in Mexico and arriving just a week after oredering is this decal sheet:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AZD4814

(Wasn't available from the BIG H when I wanted it last week - of course it is now  :banghead:) Simply stunning sheet, very well researched and beautifully printed. Has enormous What If potential and some very do-able Real World subjects too. Really like the Salvadorean F-51 with the two-tone green camo, from the 'Soccer War'.

From eBay,  'got a very rare RCAF Mustang sheet, produced by IPMS Canada under their 'Sweating Beaver' label. Four Mustang MkIV's that flew on the 5th May mission over the Channel Islands, I think that was the last mission for the 'Hunsdon Wing' - What is really good/unique about this sheet are the three pairs of resin louvres that were included so you could build an accurate RAF Mustang. SUPERB !! and it only cost me £6.00ish including the postage.

R E S U L T  :party:

Ian

I got my Honduras national insignia decals from Aztec models, very good quality they are too, and they guy who runs the place is a really nice and helpful guy too.
Chris.   
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Wooksta!

Airfix Meteor F.III plus the V1 flying bomb.  Another ebay win.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Nigel Bunker

Bargain night at the local model club - One boxed Frog Lancaster containing three Frog Lancaster kits - and a Novo Supermarine Attacker (which will get upgraded to a sweept wing Tricycle undercarriage Attacker F.4) ......and all for a very, very reasonable price!!
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

Weaver

From ebay, Fujimi 1/76th Type-61 (Japanese tank).

This is a good kit if you want a not-immediately-recognisable hull. Most people's reaction is that the turret is "straight off an M47" even though the shape is only generally similar but different in detail.....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones