My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

Airfix Blackburn Buccaneer. New release. for my birthday off our lass.  :wub:

Will be RW as 809 NAS HMS Ark Royal.

The Wooksta!

I don't think she'd be too happy to be given kits for her birthday...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

James

The Wooksta!

Another Frog Meteor F.4 won on ebay!  Total Meteors (of various marks but mainly Airfix F.IIIs) scored is now about 8 in the past week.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

The Wooksta!

No, I just enjoy buying things!   ;D

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Weaver

More from ebay:

Matchbox 1/72nd Hawk 200 - incomplete (no wings)

Instructions and decals from an Imai Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

lancer

Quote from: Weaver on July 21, 2010, 02:05:06 PM
More from ebay:

And you're gonna put the SPV decals on the wingless Hawk and turn that into some sort of Spectrum machine right??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Weaver

Quote from: lancer on July 21, 2010, 02:09:30 PM
More from ebay:

And you're gonna put the SPV decals on the wingless Hawk and turn that into some sort of Spectrum machine right??

Wow - that's amazing!

No, I'm not..... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

kitnut617

I think I might have some wings for it, I'm sure I was planning on using some left over Italeri wings on the kit I have
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

ChernayaAkula

From the LHS: a RoG F/A-18E Super Hornet in 1/48. At 50% off, it only cost a tenner!  :party:

From eBay: a RoG 1/144 Tornado Gr.1! No certain plans, but it was cheap and comes with a lot of British weaponry!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Aircav

A friend and I went up to Franks at Whitley Bay this afternoon and I came away with the following,

1/72 Heller Alouette III
1/72 Hasegawa Sea Harrier
1/72 Hasegawa Harrier GR.3
1/48 Hobbycraft Beaver
1/48 Special Hobby Focke-Achgelis Fa 223

Some very nice transfers with the Beaver, French, Vietnam and Laos, the Laos ones will go on some type of Biplane.  ;D

ps, Saw two sand coloured armoured Pinzgauer's on the back of a civil low-loader on the way up, both with red and white checker bands round them, red and blue police type bar flashing lights on the roof and what looked like a remote camera on a post mount.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Weaver

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 21, 2010, 02:55:14 PM

I think I might have some wings for it, I'm sure I was planning on using some left over Italeri wings on the kit I have

I wasthinking of doing the same thing, although it'd be quite a mod, given that the Italeri has a one-piece lower wing that fits in a cut-out in the fuselage, while the Matchbox -200 has (typically) separate L and R wings which butt onto a complete fuselage. I think I prefer the idea of making the cut-out in the Matchbox fuselage rather than converting the Italeri ones to butt joints.

- Indiana Jones

Green Dragon

Got three Matchbox kits today via a mate.
HS125-600
Bf110
DHC-6 TwOtter

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)