My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Couple of bits from Mig Productions (ordered them from Creative Models on Sunday night, got them Tuesday morning :thumbsup: )

1/35 "German Casualty", a dead SS soldier for an urban combat diorama I am very slowly working on

1/35 Burnt out Panzer IV road wheels.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Weaver

Just got back from a shopping trip for urgently needed paint, and well, you know how it goes..... :rolleyes:

From Warren Kerfoot Models:

Modelmates Slate Grey weathering spray

Humbrol matt varnish

Hasegawa 1/72nd Mercedes G4/W31 staff car (very reasonable price  :thumbsup:)

Airfix 1/76th Sdkfz.234 "pakwagon" armoured car (ditto)

Slater's 6mm plastic letters and numerals

Wills OO-scale "grotty huts and privy"  :wacko:

Tungsten-carbide tipped scriber

The G4 will be donating it's interior and drop-top to a "custom" AD-5 Skyraider when I nick it's canopy for something else, and will then get a jokey custom job using the privy (as per a big-scale custom car kit I half-remember seeing?)  ;D

From Hobbycraft:

2 tins of Humbrol primer (near substitute for the Hu64 Grey they hadn't got in stock  :banghead:)

Revell 1/76th M24 Chaffee for £3.99!

Hobbycraft have a load of other Revellobox 1/76th armour on sale:

Comet
Sherman Firefly
T34-76
Chaffee
Jagdpanther
LRDG Chevy truck & jeep

All £3.99 each. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Spey_Phantom

just got back from town, and bought some nice additions:

-Revell 1/72 Ar240C-2 Nightfighter (cause i like Luft46, i know it isnt, but anything prototype or unsuccesfull is Luft46 in my eyes)
-IL2: Forgotten battles (got this yesterday, pretty sweet game)
-IL2: 1946 (whats a whiff builder without his Whiff game, im gonna try those luft46 fighters  ;D)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

JayBee

Glasgow to-day, and no sign of a new Modelzone in the St. Enoch Centre as reported in the latest SAMI, but I did go to Jamieson's and got the Italeri RQ-4 Global Hawk. Even though it is a big model Scaleorama comes to mind especially as I found this on the internet.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Geoff

Italeri 1/72 Bishop SP gun for a Patchwork World build.

Radish

At the SIG MEET today....

Heller 1/72nd Super Etendard...(thanks Lancer!)
Italeri 1/72nd F-100D (ESCI re-issue0...superb and with a terrific decal sheet.
Revell 1/72nd He-219....for a Biggles project...it'll be all over yellow.
Airfix 1/72nd Grumman Gosling (for Biggles....and already started).

A lovely selection of spare decals from Ian.....Frenchie stuff :lol: :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

The Wooksta!

Couple more ebay wins - another pair of Meteors, Frog and Airfix and a Special Hobby Whirlwind.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

anthonyp

Been in a really odd buying mood via ebay...

Revell 1/72 USS Tucumcari PGH-2 Hyrdofoil
Heller 1/72 E-3B/F
ESCI 1/72 Tu-22M/26
2 x Heller 1/72 Rafale A
Heller 1/72 Mirage 2000N
Revell 1/72 Gripen (original mold)
Airfix 1/72 Strikemaster (Red Pelican sqaudron)
ESCI 1/72 CF-104 (Red Indian squadron)

And some other 1/72 planes I can't remember at the moment.  As well as the following:

Revell 1/144 Mir Space Station
Revell 1/144 Armageddon Space Station
Heller 1/125 Soyuz/Progress
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: JayBee on July 24, 2010, 07:32:57 AM
Glasgow to-day, and no sign of a new Modelzone in the St. Enoch Centre as reported in the latest SAMI, but I did go to Jamieson's and got the Italeri RQ-4 Global Hawk. Even though it is a big model Scaleorama comes to mind especially as I found this on the internet.

go on jim!  ;D  ;D

i'd look forward to this.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Weaver

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on July 26, 2010, 04:55:56 AM
Quote from: JayBee on July 24, 2010, 07:32:57 AM

go on jim!  ;D  ;D

i'd look forward to this.

Mind you, those Snakeyes must be HUGE!  :o
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on July 22, 2010, 09:19:30 AM
From the LHS: a RoG F/A-18E Super Hornet in 1/48. At 50% off, it only cost a tenner!  :party:

I KNEW you'd weaken and buy that, Moritz.... good isn't it ! - as for me, I just bought ANOTHER 1:48 Rafale B off EB, this one is the original issue witht the demonstrator scheme as opposed to the recent re-release with the AdA markings. Great thing is, I paid less than £15.00 for it, which is about the same as the Hobbyboss 1:72 kit, and I can collect it so no postage...... Result  :thumbsup:,

Ian
so watch y'self Weaver I'm heading your way in the morning  :wacko:
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Nils on July 24, 2010, 06:56:00 AM
-IL2: Forgotten battles (got this yesterday, pretty sweet game)
-IL2: 1946 (whats a whiff builder without his Whiff game, im gonna try those luft46 fighters  ;D)

Watch out for the 'Salamander' Nils, goes great in a straight line but bleeds airspeed like an F-104 when you try to turn it..... mind you so does the Tempest, but I think they got the dynamics very wrong on that one. Also beware the Fw190's they'll tip-over and flat spin without notice, you need to keep your speed up all the time. My tip, teach y'self to fly with the P-40's, they're very forgiving and feel 'right'

Enjoy  :thumbsup:

Ian
Confirmed fan of the entire IL2 franchise
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Aircav

Off EB, BK-117, the armed version and a ADAC set that comes with a Bo-105, Bk-117 and a EC-135 in it, all 1/32 and all Revell.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on July 26, 2010, 08:20:35 AM
I KNEW you'd weaken and buy that, Moritz.... good isn't it ! <...>

't is! And it's all your fault!  :wacko: Don't know when I'll get round to building that big beast, as I still have a 1/48 Hasegawa F/A-18E I won in a raffle on ARC, but the 'splodey bits will come in handy soon. Think I'll put some of them on an Israeli Rafale B ((with CFTs) for some long-range interdiction. And the GBU-31s in the RoG kit have the BLU-109 penetrator warhead.  :wacko:

Quote from: Aircav on July 26, 2010, 08:28:44 AM
Off EB, BK-177, the armed version <...>

Wow! That thing is still around? Last time I saw that was in a Revell catalogue from the 1990s! :lol:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

The Wooksta!

Latest ebay win and the last one for a while - Frog Beaufighter RAF.  I've already got the RAAF boxing with the retooled nose, but I wanted to build the other one.  Apart from a little bit of TLC and some new engines, it doesn't look that bad a kit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic