My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrillc

In the post via Ebay a Revell Matchbox BAE Hawk 200. Then yesterday from Comet Miniatures an Airfix P80 as well as a Revell EFA. I also saw a very rare Skybirds 86 MB5 as well as a couple of Sea Hornets and a couple more besides. Has anyone made an affordable MB5, because if I bought that I'd be frightened to build it (£35).

K
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

The Wooksta!

The Magna one is about £20, which isn't a bad price.  Can't remember how much the Planet one is but Eyes, sockets and penis seems about normal.  If you can find the old Pegasus short run kit, it's worth having.  There's also a vacform by Falcon but I don't know if it's still available.  

TBH, I wouldn't take Comet's prices as the market rate.  He's a typical cockney barrow boy and will always charge on the high side. 

Skybirds kits are all pains to build - I had quite a few of the MB5s but sold them all, the Prentice (sold) and the Scimitar (sold).  Kept the Hornets and pick them up whenever I see them.  For some reason, the F.20 seems to be the rarest whereas the NF21 is quite common.  Stunning when finished - best Hornet released in 72nd - but it's a bugger to build.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Kerrillc

Thanks for the info. Eyes sockets and . . . I think not!
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

kitnut617

Quote from: Kerrillc on July 29, 2010, 05:06:21 AM
Has anyone made an affordable MB5, because if I bought that I'd be frightened to build it (£35).

K

Airframe do/did a vacuform, seen them pop up occasionally.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 29, 2010, 04:53:12 AM
Chris, is that the 88 G or the A?  If it's the former, I've a mould for a corrected fin.  The kit one is way too small.

It's the A4 Lee

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 29, 2010, 05:18:25 AM
The Magna one is about £20, which isn't a bad price.  Can't remember how much the Planet one is but Eyes, sockets and penis seems about normal. 

It's £34.60, very nice kit though
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

At that price it sodding well should be!  No, that's priced way over the odds.  The Czechs are pricing themselves out of the market.

From what I saw in the box when I looked at one at Telford a few years back, it wasn't any improvement over the far cheaper Magna kit.  That's one of his best and comes with white metal u/c.  Even the canopy was usable.

As for the 88, the A-4 has the wrong tailfin entirely.  The fin in the box I looked at a while back is for the Ju 88A-1!  Might have a spare one somewhere though.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 29, 2010, 08:40:20 AM
At that price it sodding well should be!  No, that's priced way over the odds.  The Czechs are pricing themselves out of the market.

I know what you mean Lee. I bought mine when it first came out and it was nowhere near that price

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 29, 2010, 08:40:20 AM
As for the 88, the A-4 has the wrong tailfin entirely.  The fin in the box I looked at a while back is for the Ju 88A-1!  Might have a spare one somewhere though.

I'd read that, if you have great, but don't worry about it. Thanks  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Popped into MZ Derby today....

Revell 1/72nd:

Tonka
2 x BAC Lightnings
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Geoff

Courtesy of Narses 2

1/200th B-52 and a 1/72 Mig-15

Also got a Tamia 1/48thBeau TF - X with the battle damage "lumps" on the wings.
(silly question - is it a Roman 10 or a "X"?)
Also picked up a Tamia 1/100th scale Mig-21 PF for a Patchwork World build.

anthonyp

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 29, 2010, 01:13:38 AM
It's BIG when finished and it's a bugger to build.  I would have advised against it.  Horrible kit.

Hence why it's half built, was really cheap, and will be built as a Whif (of course  ;D )
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

The Wooksta!

It takes up a LOT of space when it's done.  Speaking from bitter personal experience, I really advise against it

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Martin H

i remember you cuddling yours in my car on the way to the tyneside show, the one year it was displayed. It was that big it was the only way to get it into the car
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

anthonyp

I own a house by myself that's 2250 square feet in area... and am unmarried... I don't care how big it is  ;D
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

NARSES2

Quote from: Geoff on July 30, 2010, 02:18:14 PM
Also got a Tamia 1/48thBeau TF - X with the battle damage "lumps" on the wings.
(silly question - is it a Roman 10 or a "X"?)

Roman 10 Geoff, RAF changed from Roman numerals to Arabic towards the end of WWII.

Radish

TF.X wartime; TF.10 postwar.

For the Imperial Roman Air Force it was a "Tortoise TF.X" :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen