My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Called in at Chestermoor this morning and got a German Class 212 and 214 U-boot's, both 1/144 Revell, I was watching Future Weapons lastnight and thought thats just what the Royal Navy could do with, some coastal submarines.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mossie

Huma 1/72 Triebflugel from Just Kits in Hull.  Might build it as is, might donate it's fuselage to another project.

Remembered they stocked Huma kits so thought I might buy one ore two before the supply dries up.  They had a Messerschmitt P.1106 that I wasn't interested in & a Focke Achgelis Fa.223 Drache that was a little bit expensive for me at the mo.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Weaver on August 05, 2010, 08:53:52 PM
I don't do 1/35th armour but I do know what it costs, which is one reason why I don't do it, but also why I pounced on these when I was trawling ebay for my proposed Tank Girl build:

Tamiya M113A1 Fire Support Vehicle (the Aussie one with the Saladin turret)
SKIF T80UDK (command version with big radio aerial)
Academy IDF M60A1 with Blazer and twin .50cals over the gun
Academy M551 Sheridan with 'Nam mods

Total price? £17 including postage......  ;D :thumbsup:

Adding up the price tickets on the boxes, that little lot cost over £70 retail.  :blink: I might keep the FSV, but the rest will probably end up being sold on as soon as I've established that I definately don't want anything from them.

P L E A S E sell me the Sheridan..... NOW !

Ian

Did I mention Dork and I have been to Transport Models in Preston today ????? - No, well lets just say "Ultra Sabre" and in the same breath ADC Grey !!
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Spey_Phantom

a Revell 1/72 Lavochkin La-5FN was added to the stash today
this will become a Syldavian AF bird to go with my Bordurian Bf109G  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Weaver

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on August 06, 2010, 12:17:21 PM
Quote from: Weaver on August 05, 2010, 08:53:52 PM
I don't do 1/35th armour but I do know what it costs, which is one reason why I don't do it, but also why I pounced on these when I was trawling ebay for my proposed Tank Girl build:

Tamiya M113A1 Fire Support Vehicle (the Aussie one with the Saladin turret)
SKIF T80UDK (command version with big radio aerial)
Academy IDF M60A1 with Blazer and twin .50cals over the gun
Academy M551 Sheridan with 'Nam mods

Total price? £17 including postage......  ;D :thumbsup:

Adding up the price tickets on the boxes, that little lot cost over £70 retail.  :blink: I might keep the FSV, but the rest will probably end up being sold on as soon as I've established that I definately don't want anything from them.

P L E A S E sell me the Sheridan..... NOW !

Ian

Did I mention Dork and I have been to Transport Models in Preston today ????? - No, well lets just say "Ultra Sabre" and in the same breath ADC Grey !!

You have PM.

I picked up an Ultra-Sabre in a swap a while ago - let's just say "intake in the right place", but let's not hold our breath, eh?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Today arrived some additions to the stash, that were acquired under the influence of copious amounts of alcohol :drink: :banghead: >:(
Note to self, stay off ebay when drunk :rolleyes:
All 1/72nd scale; Airfix Piper Cherokee Arrow, Italeri XF32 and XF-35 JSF.
There should have also been a Matchbox Skyknight in the same package but the guy forgot to pack it >:(
I was not impressed, as I had already had the wrong set of brake pads sent to me through ebay that morning :banghead:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

From Spirit Games in Burton on Trent, two Reaper Chronoscope 25mm Sci-Fi figures:

Greta the female sniper (to become Tank Girl the other side of a haircut)

Futuristic weapons set (because the idea of Tank Girl with only one gun is just....wrong)

Another Greta and some other female with better boots are on back-order. This will give me the chance to transplant better boots onto the Tank Girl Greta, and the chance to screw up once.

Spirit seem like a good place. their website's ordering system is a bit old-fashioned and errrr idiosyncratic, but 10/10 for comms and fast delivery. :thumbsup:

http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/menu.php
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

And spacey morning, courtesy of ebay:

Bandai ?-scale Zero-Tester Plane #1 and Plane #4. Wha? These:

The #1 splits into three separate vehicles and the #4, which is a much bigger ship in a much smaller scale, holds a tank, a robot and a mini #1.

Also (seem to have my bargain head on at the moment):

Airfix ?-scale Space 1999 Hawk spaceship, all there but in a somewhat tatty box, for £5.50 (plus postage)! HOW much do these things go for nowadays?  :blink:  I'm not inclined to collectorism, but I really don't know whether to build that or put it straight back on at twice the price.....

Now all I need is a 50p Eagle........;)

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Aw c'mon, somebody else post something otherwise I'm going to look really greedy...... ;D

Shopping trip this morning revealed no packages waiting at the Post Office, which means that at least one ebay sale may have gone tits up. :banghead: However, a diversion via Warren Kerfoot models to pick up another model produced the following:

1. Minicraft 1/144th Boeing 377 Stratocruiser. I'm not generally into airliners, but a radical kitbash occured to me..... :wacko:

2. Zhengdefu 1/48th Marder (the modern MICV). This is the kit that might have gone wrong from ebay.... ;D ;D ;D

The Marder's hull will provide the body of Tank Girl's tank, scaleorama'd to a 25mm figure. It includes an electric motor (all for £5.00!!!), but there's no sign of the thumping great hatch on the back of the hull, which is kinda essential for a troop carrier - strange priorities....... :rolleyes: :huh:

If the one from Ebay does turn up then it won't be a waste, because the extra full-size roadwheels will come in useful for the Tank Girl tank.

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

We could be Uncle Grumpy and Uncle Greedy couldn't we?  :wacko: ;D

Had to go out again this afternoon (because B&Q sold me a duff fourescent tube this morning  :banghead:), so I dropped into F&S Models "on the way home" (via a detour of about five miles <whistling smiley>) and bought....

A pair of tweezers.

It's a lovely shop full of lovely models and run by lovely people, but today, they just didn't quite have anything I was looking for (not a total gannet, you see).

Did notice that they had the re-launched Tamiya 1/100th jets in though: £2.75 each!  :wub: restrained myself, but I did manage to persuade a Mr. I-want-to-get-back-into-models-but-Christ-arn't-they-expensive-these-days to buy the Me262 & Me163 set. :thumbsup:

- Indiana Jones

chrisonord

I like the look of the 1/100th scale IL-28's. could be scale O rama'd into a 1/72nd scale single seat twin jet fighter/ground attack aircraft. Very tempted to get a couple of those.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Spey_Phantom

just got back from the Ursel Military show and brought back a few goodies  ;D

1/72 PM Model Me-328
1/72 Pioneer Ho-229 A-1
1/72 Mastercraft Bf109 G-14 "Croatian AF" (also has decals for Luftwaffe and Finnish 109's)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Green Dragon

Got a second Matchbox HP Heyford a couple of days ago and a Hasegawa GMC Gasoline Tank Truck, both off ebay. Fuel truck will be diorama dressing if get round to doing one and the Heyford (suitably hacked to pices of course!) may be an entry in the Britmodeller Whif Group Build loosely based on an anime aircraft design called Hipheavy (?) as far as I can tell.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Green Dragon

Quote from: Green Dragon on August 07, 2010, 12:34:11 PM
Got a second Matchbox HP Heyford a couple of days ago and a Hasegawa GMC Gasoline Tank Truck, both off ebay. Fuel truck will be diorama dressing if get round to doing one and the Heyford (suitably hacked to pices of course!) may be an entry in the Britmodeller Whif Group Build loosely based on an anime aircraft design called Hipheavy (?) as far as I can tell.

Paul Harrison

Edit:- Forgot to say to Weaver, the Hawk kit tends to go for between £20 and £35 though I've seen them go higher. Just did one a few weeks back for a mate, think he got it for about £15 plus P+P.
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Weaver

Quote from: chrisonord on August 07, 2010, 10:33:00 AM
I like the look of the 1/100th scale IL-28's. could be scale O rama'd into a 1/72nd scale single seat twin jet fighter/ground attack aircraft. Very tempted to get a couple of those.
Chris.

I've got the Ben Hobby one which I believe is the same tool? It's a very nice piece of work.

- Indiana Jones