My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

The Revell Fw 190 cockpit tub fits nicely into it too.  It's also likely that the type would have got either Fw 190 or Ta 152 mainwheels.

Anyway, one of my holy grails has finally arrived - a Provence Moulage Aston Martin DB7.  The casting is amazing, etched metal grill and wipers, rubber tyres, turned aluminium wheels.  It's stunning.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Green Dragon

Thanks for the tip Wooksta, I've got several Revell 190's so I'll give it a try (anything will be better than the kit parts!).

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

The Wooksta!

TBH, I always intended on doing a mould for it as an upgrade bult never got round to it.  Nay have another think about it as I need to bring some extra pennies in.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Weaver

From ebay, CC Lee 1/144th scale F16XL. Always liked this plane but wouldn't pay good money for a 1/144th one which is all that seems to be around. However, for 99p plus postage, I couldn't really say no.... ;D

Seems nice enough as 1/144ths go. The cockpit is almost non-existant, but that hardly matters in this scale. Box art is very pretty.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Something a little less obvious from that well known auction site this evening...... Some 1:25 cars:

AMT/Ertl 66 Chevy Nova SS
AMT/Ertl 65 GTO
Revell 32 Ford 3-Window Coupe

Not cheap but not too expensive.... Brummm  :ph34r:

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Army of One

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 09, 2010, 01:16:01 AM
Are you sure it's actually an Airfix kit?  IIRC, they never went to engraved panels until recently.

You sir,are correct!!! The model was inspected while attending to an early morning appointment after a long Night duty.....the only bit that seems to be engraved is a panel under the nose infront of the intake...this is the first bit I saw through the bag before attending to the paperwork and bed...it is my mistake......still nice kits though....4 for less than a tenner...plus £3 postage....bargain!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Weaver

From Dork The Kit Slayer, my Secret Santa GB prize, for which many thanks!  :thumbsup:

It's an Italeri 1/35th Opel Maultier half-track with the Pz.42 rocket launcher on the back. First thought is "Wermacht '46" with early ATGWs on the back, but not sure yet....

Mind you, since Maultier means "mule", I suppose I could always do penance for the AT-TS by putting it on legs.... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Aircav on August 11, 2010, 10:02:17 AM
Not a model but a new shelf to put models on, the horizontal tail stabilizer off the Lynx HAS.2, XZ722 via EB.  :thumbsup:

another exhibit for aircav's 'museum of aircraft bits' perhaps?  ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

Radish

9 different-sized Meerkats (different to the others anyway) which will provide super upper bodies, heads, etc.... :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Another Airfix Me 110C  :wub: and after talking to the guy in MZ, walking out and coming back an Airfix 1/48 Me 109E. This will be a real world BoB build along with a 1/48 Tamiya Spitfire I have. Just need a good 1/48 Hurricane I now  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Wor MZ hasn't got them in but I'm not allowed to buy any kits for a while.  It's not like it'll run out any time soon...

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 13, 2010, 08:37:48 AM
Just need a good 1/48 Hurricane I now  ;D

There's nowt wrong with the Airfix one IMO, and it's about half the price of the (not-too-easy-to-find)  Hasegawa one

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Weaver

Just got a good deal off ebay:

200+ lightly used sheets of Letraset in a Letraset 5-drawer unit for £40. Yay!

Postage - buyer collects only: Booo!

Seller location: Stockport (about 3 miles from work): Yay!

I havn't looked through it all yet (that will take some time!) but there's all sorts of goodies in there. Even if quite a bit of it's useless to me, Letraset sheets sell for £1 and counting each on ebay, and you'd cheerfully give somebody a tenner for the drawer unit if it was empty...

- Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Weaver on August 13, 2010, 01:58:05 AM
<...>
Mind you, since Maultier means "mule", I suppose I could always do penance for the AT-TS by putting it on legs.... ;D

Splendid idea!

If it is the one I think it is, the armoured cab even looks suitably head-like. :lol: In an Imperial walker kind of way, that is.  ;D
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on August 13, 2010, 12:49:04 PM
Quote from: Weaver on August 13, 2010, 01:58:05 AM
<...>

Splendid idea!

If it is the one I think it is, the armoured cab even looks suitably head-like. :lol: In an Imperial walker kind of way, that is.  ;D

Yeah that struck me too: I thought you could give it gull-wing doors and model them open to give the impression of ears..... ;D

Not sure I'm up to scratchbuilding four legs though......

- Indiana Jones