My Stash just grew again 2010

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2009, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

Won a Zvezda Su-27 off that Oxfam shop on evilbay, and have a PM F-5 and Su-21G Flagon, and a Sword T-33 from Plastic Pastimes waiting at the post office. Can't buy any more models! I can't fit any more in my new flat!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Martin H

Was at the Avon show today.  over spent the bugget my a rather large margin.

Freightdog EE P-12 Canberra Interceptor conversion (two sets)
Airfix Eurofighter Typhoon F-2. From Trevors stash sale.
Pro Resin Folland Gnat F-1.
Xtrakit Supermarine Sciimitar F-1.
Gavia Let 410UVP.
Yumo Soko G-4 Super Galeb.
Magna Avro 706 Ashton. thats were the massive over spent went  :wacko: even thou I did get £15 off the marked price.

Also got a few targets
Armo ZSU-23-4W1 Shilka SP anti aircraft system.
Trumpeter Sturm Tiger.
Armory JagdSturm Tiger conversion.

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

lancer

From the Avon show,

revell Canberra B(I)8 from trevor's sale - thanks mate

2 freightdog Canberra P12 Interceptor conversion sets

Renegade Resins conversion kit for the J7 Shinden jet version

new tools and.....

Bargin of the month for me a Czechmaster Swift FR5 for £20!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Martin H on August 22, 2010, 01:45:35 PMMagna Avro 706 Ashton. thats were the massive over spent went  :wacko: even thou I did get £15 off the marked price.

Can we have some pix of the Ashton bits please?  I'm after a pair of these, one of which to backdate to a Tudor and want to know how possible it's likely to be!

Latest ebay wins: 
Genuine boxed Frog Shackleton - £10!
Frog Meteor - £4.78.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Army of One

Got a Revell Mi 28 Havoc from evil bay.........missed out on another.....love this helo........just won a Hasegawa Mig 25......missed out on an Airfix Mig 23 I wanted though...shame......damn the afternoon BBQ n beer.....!!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Gondor

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on August 22, 2010, 07:02:44 AM
Is that AML 72018? If it is, I've got that one. Would scans be any help to you?

If the resolution of the PB versions is not sufficient, I could mail you the original scans. All six scans together have a size of 11.4MB, though.

Yep..... that's the one and yes please about original scans. I did notice that your parts lay out is for AML 72 010 though, but with the help of the construction steps I should be able to work out what goes where.

Thank you very much

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

KiwiZac

Just arrived a package from Japan: Fine Molds 1:48 "Porco Rosso" Savoia S.21F direct from HLJ. Recently acquired the Testors Curtiss Racer to go with it, now need a figure of Donald Curtis and his decals...
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

ChernayaAkula

@Gondor: Mail sent! :thumbsup: Don't worry about the parts layout plan. The drawings for the resin parts associated with the recon nose are also on there. PUR parts 17 through 22. Also note that AML included a boo-boo in the instructions. The profile view of the Tznuit version has part PUR 10 for the long nose. That should be part PUR 18.

EDIT: Just this moment, the postman dropped by!
Package from HLJ:
Tamiya 1/72 Fw 190D-9 - on sale for only 7.5 EUR! Bought it for the Vive La France GB. The included JV44 markings will go on a J35 Draken, I think. :wacko:
Hasegawa 1/48 Mitsubishi F-2A "Idolmaster" - also on sale for 15.7 EUR only. Will be a real world build.

Who says Tamigawa has to be expensive?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on August 22, 2010, 11:09:26 PM
Tamiya 1/72 Fw 190D-9 - on sale for only 7.5 EUR!

That's a great price, lovely kit  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Martin H on August 22, 2010, 01:45:35 PM
Pro Resin Folland Gnat F-1.

Nice kit Martin  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Howard of Effingham

hmm, at the avon show yesterday!

lots of bargains really.....

especially the airfix canberra B(I)6 [early 1980's boxing] for just £5.60 and frieghtdog's new canberra P12 conversion and buccaneer correction set.

however, i also got....

hasegawa F-111E
hasegawa EF-111A
airfix hampden
sword T-33A

several decal sheets, a bottle of klear and some deleted humbrol paints.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Mossie

What's the T-33 like Trev?  I've been seriously condsidering picking up the Sword F-80C to get over my Shooting Star phobia, although I'd prefer a P-80A or B if they were ever to do one.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Mossie on August 23, 2010, 05:29:12 AM
What's the T-33 like Trev?  I've been seriously condsidering picking up the Sword F-80C to get over my Shooting Star phobia, although I'd prefer a P-80A or B if they were ever to do one.

not taken too close a look yet mossie, but it does look a bit reminiscent of a short run kit and better by far than the ancient hasegawa kit.

various bits of resin in the kit, two piece canopy and resin rails for it to rest upon. decals are fairly boring USAF and RCAF but i have three microscale
sheets to chose from quite a few real latin american AF options.

sword do do a F-80. i got my T-33 from the aviation workshop stand.

it was £14.99 and worth it at that price.
Keeper of George the Cat.

The Wooksta!

The Heller T33 is nice IF you can find it.  The Hasegawa one is utter rubbish.  Horrid fit and poor detail.  What's even worse is the price, which is pretty much what they charge for brand new tools.  This, and their ancient Spitfire Ia reboxed at a similar price, put me off Hasegawa and I saw them for the conmen they are.

The old Airfix F80C isn't a bad kit though.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Mossie

It's a P-80 or F-80 I'd be after.  I'd thought about the Airfix kit, but again, it's pretty hard to find & doesn't go for a lot cheaper than the Sword kit.  I saw a Sword F-80C at Elvington & nearly bought it, but at the price I thought I'd find out what was in the box first.  Sounds like the resin bits make up for the cost.  Thanks guys, might pick one up.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

Wait till Telford, you should be able to pick up an Airfix one fairly cheap.  It was reissued fairly recently so there should be some about.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: